Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Have you got any taste?

No ma'am. Noooooooo ma'am.

PULL UP AND SAY THAT TO MY FACE U LITTLE SHIT SLIT LICKING HOOKA!

no but seriously NFR ain't her best don't lie to yourself and don't suck Jack's musty granola rich kid dick like that

It's good but it's not fucking godly :dafuq:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

oh wow thats actually super disappointing :(, i love the work he did on aka, even to this day it's still so fucking good

i didnt think her taste in her own music was THAT bad but yikes!

she loves coachella's production what did u expect

PULL UP AND SAY THAT TO MY FACE U LITTLE SHIT SLIT LICKING HOOKA!

no but seriously NFR ain't her best don't lie to yourself and don't suck Jack's musty granola rich kid dick like that

It's good but it's not fucking godly :dafuq:

I WONT NOT FUCK YOU THE FUCK UP

But on a lighter note, calm your tits sis. NFR is not even out yet. Even if it's not godly, we can't deny that it's already better than LFL. 

nF70D0F.png

I WONT NOT FUCK YOU THE FUCK UP

But on a lighter note, calm your tits sis. NFR is not even out yet. Even if it's not godly, we can't deny that it's already better than Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind. 

I fixed your post because the sacrilegious thing you said made me feel uncomfortable 

Yes it's good, but I'm not thanking Jack for that. I'm thanking Lana. 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

ya'll how can u say its not her best album when it hasn't even been released yet?? we only have 3 songs

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ya'll how can u say its not her best album when it hasn't even been released yet?? we only have 3 songs

And it has to be better than lfl.. that shit sent me into a lana drought for the first time since late 2011 lol spent months not listening to her at all :(

ppl talking about dry January & shit like she didn't drop a brand new song a few weeks ago

Especially when the last 3 ~recent songs are also apparently just “for fans” songs and not even on the album so there’ll be more coming soooon

I mean come on fam

All the random snippets sound amazing :blush:

Also do we all forget how long Tropico took to come out? Now that wait was real :sadcore:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

About the producer thing... lately, she’s been choosing producers with whom she’s comfortable working with, who won’t tell her what to do. Dan Auerbach admitted they had some arguments sometimes and he admitted that it was probably due to the fact that it is hard being a woman in this industry, because men want to tell her what to do, and she won’t have it. She has a vision of what she wants and won’t compromise on that. I don’t know how things were with her old producers (David Khane, Emile...). She’s friends with Dan Heath so I guess they get along well when they work. But as for the others, maybe she didn’t want them around these days to not be told what to do?

Have you guys seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?

One of the new episodes:

Kimmy Fights a Fire Monster!

If you have, the Titus and the puppet scene, I feel is what happens to Lana when she goes to a studio

giphy.gif

What I've been really wanting to know is how everything's going to fit narrative wise, if there even is one.. I mean it's been a while since she's released HM, and it's a bit of a mystery to me atm. 

MAC and VB sound pretty light, positive, even if VB's drenched in nostalgia, she still recalls it fondly.

Hope can be easily pegged as somewhat of a downer, but she ends it with that she still has it, and even if it's minimally produced, there are still some notes you can hear that quietly build momentum, and almost a silent kind of triumph that contrasts w how vulnerable she's being so that's pretty beautiful, and you can almost sense verse per verse how her emotions just swing from one place to another. In short, delicately positive. 

Cinnamon's playful af so yes. IYC seems to be too, which seems connected to HiaB by how similar their tempos are, and just as if the two songs would compliment each other well side by side 

HtD sounds like, the most, at least that we know of, as the saddest track that we've heard, but she still pushes forward. 

What we know is that she's going for the sad girl, intro vibes, along w the RHCP surf vibes. and that she mentioned the record was about a kind of man who had some genius, but wasn't or was lacking? Someone like, around that right? 

A heavenly opener/ the title track/ the ballad/ the cool, beautiful song that people tend to love, the masterpiece of a track/ the two public friendly tracks/ the conflict/ then regret/ and resolution. I really wonder how she placed the tracks and in which order, it doesn't even have to be a straight narrative, but yeah thematically and all that. 

also, we know from her official discography where she's at. From the intro of BtD, the heavenly vices that followed, revenge from UV, how honest she was with HM, and her wishing to expand her world w LfL. So this record is kinda like a fresh start for her in at least 2 different ways. She wasn't as sad as we thought, but she's not where she wants to be. She wants to trust, but it's difficult, but still does it anyway. Like a valiant acceptance of her humanity. Introspection, check! 

The more I listen to everything, I'm getting, living day by day vibes from this record, and more moments of happiness and joy, so maybe that kinda lightheartedness is where the surf is found? 

*side note: bing'd NfR, and apparently Bartender, Starry Eyed and Cactus are listed? Tf who did that lol 

UV/Honeymoon

What I've been really wanting to know is how everything's going to fit narrative wise, if there even is one.. I mean it's been a while since she's released HM, and it's a bit of a mystery to me atm.

MAC and VB sound pretty light, positive, even if VB's drenched in nostalgia, she still recalls it fondly.

Hope can be easily pegged as somewhat of a downer, but she ends it with that she still has it, and even if it's minimally produced, there are still some notes you can hear that quietly build momentum, and almost a silent kind of triumph that contrasts w how vulnerable she's being so that's pretty beautiful, and you can almost sense verse per verse how her emotions just swing from one place to another. In short, delicately positive.

Cinnamon's playful af so yes. IYC seems to be too, which seems connected to HiaB by how similar their tempos are, and just as if the two songs would compliment each other well side by side

HtD sounds like, the most, at least that we know of, as the saddest track that we've heard, but she still pushes forward.

What we know is that she's going for the sad girl, intro vibes, along w the RHCP surf vibes. and that she mentioned the record was about a kind of man who had some genius, but wasn't or was lacking? Someone like, around that right?

A heavenly opener/ the title track/ the ballad/ the cool, beautiful song that people tend to love, the masterpiece of a track/ the two public friendly tracks/ the conflict/ then regret/ and resolution. I really wonder how she placed the tracks and in which order, it doesn't even have to be a straight narrative, but yeah thematically and all that.

also, we know from her official discography where she's at. From the intro of BtD, the heavenly vices that followed, revenge from UV, how honest she was with HM, and her wishing to expand her world w LfL. So this record is kinda like a fresh start for her in at least 2 different ways. She wasn't as sad as we thought, but she's not where she wants to be. She wants to trust, but it's difficult, but still does it anyway. Like a valiant acceptance of her humanity. Introspection, check!

The more I listen to everything, I'm getting, living day by day vibes from this record, and more moments of happiness and joy, so maybe that kinda lightheartedness is where the surf is found?

*side note: bing'd NfR, and apparently Bartender, Starry Eyed and Cactus are listed? Tf who did that lol

Love this analysis. I see the first three tracks as IYC (happy Lana in love), MAC (still in love but there’s trouble in paradise) and NFR (fuck this shit, that guy’s a jerk). It tells a pretty neat story. The rest of the album could tell short stories as well.

As for Starry-Eyed, Bartender and Cactus, some of them are a real stretch (Cactus mostly). Bartender could fit the timeline of her work with Jack, and Starry-Eyes might have stayed a track she has yet to work on lol (she improvised that track when she visited the kids’ hospital last year and promised to finish it... we’ll see).