Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Jack is good at finding a sound that works for everyone while molding around their own theme

I’m not sure his really done much to be honest lol a monkey could figure out Lana’s sound. All his done as extended some intros, added more piano and some electric guitar. Rick could have done all that in 10 mins probably.

What we really need is more songs written with Justin Parker and produced by Rick Rubin Emile should be brought back too.

yes! i have no idea why she ditched Justin...

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

What we really need is more songs written with Justin Parker and produced by Rick Rubin Emile should be brought back too.

Hot tea

Justin Parker is just an amazing songwriter and cowrote some of her best songs like Ride and Video Games... Rick Rubin did an excellent and epic work with ride

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Wasn't most of AKA written without a cowriter? I'd be here for her trying to write by herself again, it's not like her cowriters are giving her anything particularly unique anyway - MAC and Blue Jeans have the same chord progression 

Has Lana always been this chill in terms of communicating with her fanbase? Or is her fanbase just growing too large for the effort she wants to put in? 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Wasn't most of AKA written without a cowriter? I'd be here for her trying to write by herself again, it's not like her cowriters are giving her anything particularly unique anyway - MAC and Blue Jeans have the same chord progression 

I think she does write all her own songs, all the lyrics.

I remember reading before that she wrote all the lyrics of Born to Die the album apart from 1 line in one song. Rick Nowels also says... "Our process has not changed over the years. Lana always comes in with a concept and often, a melody and lyrics on her iPhone. I listen to it acapella, find the exact key she’s singing in and start to create a chord progression around it. We start playing together and define the exact chords and melody. Then she finishes the lyrics. I’m always knocked out by how incredible her lyrics are and how effortlessly she seems to write them." "Lana is a prolific songwriter. I see every new song as the next Lana Del Rey song. I’m honored to be the first person to hear many of them in their early form and one that she trusts to help construct them. There’s no other thought than to write the best song we can and then to capture it in a recording. For me, it’s song by song, and because she’s so prolific we have a wealth of really strong songs. The big picture emerges and I know she’s always thinking about it."

She also wrote 2 songs we know of in a couple of hours, Pretty When You Cry was made randomly and so was Change I think both from start to finish and recorded and produced in the same day.

TBH idk but I hope so

If I'm right, it was for a new Bleachers album (it was a caption in his story). Besides, NFR is done and mastered. He's super busy. I'm sure it wasn't for NFR anymore. and Lana wasn't with him. Count on her to oversee everything that she does, no matter who is the producer lol

The fact that we don't have news or official date might be due to the fact that she wants to keep her plan to release the poetry book before NFR, like she said she would. it's not a LFL situation where she goes back again in the studio to change things and add songs. 

I think she does write all her own songs, all the lyrics.

I remember reading before that she wrote all the lyrics of Born to Die the album apart from 1 line in one song. Rick Nowels also says... "Our process has not changed over the years. Lana always comes in with a concept and often, a melody and lyrics on her iPhone. I listen to it acapella, find the exact key she’s singing in and start to create a chord progression around it. We start playing together and define the exact chords and melody. Then she finishes the lyrics. I’m always knocked out by how incredible her lyrics are and how effortlessly she seems to write them." "Lana is a prolific songwriter. I see every new song as the next Lana Del Rey song. I’m honored to be the first person to hear many of them in their early form and one that she trusts to help construct them. There’s no other thought than to write the best song we can and then to capture it in a recording. For me, it’s song by song, and because she’s so prolific we have a wealth of really strong songs. The big picture emerges and I know she’s always thinking about it."

She also wrote 2 songs we know of in a couple of hours, Pretty When You Cry was made randomly and so was Change I think both from start to finish and recorded and produced in the same day.

She could write the chord progressions herself though 

there’s this edit of the album cover and ugh i cant upload it but i love it ! Lana Del Rey Updates posted it on their youtube. if you can plait it here !

this?

ypm33l3a82d21.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=

I swear HIAB is gonna be Butterflies (Pt 3) lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I hope she does have at least one song with accordion on NFR, I don’t think she’s ever used it

Actually HIADT with accordion in the back instead of piano could’ve made it really an outstanding track

>find photo of lower or middle class america, incorporate green nature or pink sunset

>stick on "Norman Fucking Rockwell" in either LfL or BtD font in white at the top

>post it online

"omg this would be such a cute cover"

"is that NFR cover? tragic"

"this is JUST what i had in mind omg source please"

"ugh ur mind"