Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She definitely seems to be promoting the poetry book more than music lately, if you look at the pattern on her instagram; it's very homely and simple, relating to every day activities and just hanging out with friends. I think she's going to announce the poetry book later on this month (im thinking between March 20th and March 31st) - and then once some hype and promo is built up for that (im guessing during April) - she'll drop the lead single and announce the albums release date end of April, set to be released in June.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She makes simple poetry about her life and I think she knows it’s kinda cheesy at this point. But let’s just face the fact - that’s how it is. She’s now a middle-aged woman living in LA with unfulfilled dreams about being a mother, spending most of the time with her girlfriends and doing simply things just to make her happy. It’s not that exciting anymore but it makes her life less complicated. And I can appreciate her authenticity this era.

This. It's not amazing but she's not trying to be the next poet laureate she just wants to share some stuff and keep being creative.

But really, any 13yo could do it better than this. Don't lie

Middle aged

M-

MIDDLE AGED!?Authenticity was everything she did before the LFL era, not jumping on to the memes where fans call her a soccer mum ff lolI'm sorry ily Venice but there's times where we are allowed to admit that what we are being served has no flavour

But BTD/UV/HM were authentic for her in those times of her life. Idk if people on this forum are just really young but life changes a lot and hers definitely has. She's a human being in her own right and is allowed to live and write differently to past Lana/Lizzy. That's what getting older is unfortunately :)

The era of Lizzy is over. The era of Lana is over. Gone are the days of cocaine snorting cherry cola drinking lolita grinding on daddy's limp Hawaiian Tropic tinted dick while weeping about her trailer park heroin addicted ex on deathrow to the tune of tumblr grunge blog soundtracks.

It was cute, but it's time to move awn.

A5RNhQ5.gif

I'm here for the era of Elizabeth  :defeated:  a modern, reflective, conscious woman who finds joy and peace in the simple, small things.

And I totally get some of the backlash. As time goes on, the mystique and ethereal quality of Lana Del Rey starts fading. The more dimensions of her we see, the bigger her character and the universe of ideas she imbued on us gets -- but maybe not in ways that we had hoped or imagined. And to much shock & dismay, we start to realise that she might just be.... one of us. A normal person, imperfect and fallible, with a hobby for writing out her fantasies, in the pursuit of self-transcendence   :oprah3:

The era of Lizzy is over. The era of Lana is over. Gone are the days of cocaine snorting cherry cola drinking lolita grinding on daddy's limp Hawaiian Tropic tinted dick while weeping about her trailer park heroin addicted ex on deathrow to the tune of tumblr grunge blog soundtracks.

It was cute, but it's time to move awn.

A5RNhQ5.gif

I'm here for the era of Elizabeth  :defeated:  a modern, reflective, conscious woman who finds joy and peace in the simple, small things.

And I totally get some of the backlash. As time goes on, the mystique and ethereal quality of Lana Del Rey starts fading. The more dimensions of her we see, the bigger her character and the universe of ideas she imbued on us gets -- but maybe not in ways that we had hoped or imagined. And to much shock & dismay, we start to realise that she might just be.... one of us. A normal person, imperfect and fallible, with a hobby for writing out her fantasies, in the pursuit of self-transcendence   :oprah3:

Why did I read the last paragraph in Mrs. Puff's voice?  :oprah3:

UV/Honeymoon

I’m here for her feeling happier, hanging out with friends, trying to take care of herself - who wouldn’t want that? I’m just not feeling that poem, but I think I get what kind of state of mind she’s in lately. She had thoughts she needed to get out but didn’t fit for a song. I think she’s aware that the poems aren’t all especially good, which was why she was hesitant at first with sharing them to the world. They might not be interesting to everyone, I guess she just had a need to write down things that was going on around her.

But yeah, I guess I was expecting better lines since she’s mentioned wanting to be a poet once, “I’m a writer first” (which I guess she is in a way, she’s written SO many songs and lyrics) and the lyrics for this album sounds better (to me) than the lyrics we got in LFL. But we’ve only read two poems so far so I won’t be too quick to judge.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

yall literally trash everything this woman does lately look how happy she looks in that photo you fagg-

can she live?? can she fucking live???

if you're not here for her anymore no-one is forcing you to be FOH

no wonder ben hates this place.... the crackheadery

52886963_2342732462613236_26491863241032

IDK about you, but I love her ART. Not here because I subscribed to the random-rich-LA-chick-blog. It's cool if she's happy, but if that gets us terribly bad "pOeMs" like those, I can still think it's terribly bad.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

yall literally trash everything this woman does lately look how happy she looks in that photo you fagg-

can she live?? can she fucking live???

if you're not here for her anymore no-one is forcing you to be FOH

no wonder ben hates this place.... the crackheadery

52886963_2342732462613236_26491863241032

LOL don't just out people like that  :thumb2:

UV/Honeymoon

I didn’t hate the poem, it’s just that ‘Tesla mom cars’ line is so annoying, like when she sang ‘on the ipad’ in HIADT like she’s trying to weave in some futuristic-esque sponsorship or sumn.

The second half of the poem was good though.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I didn’t hate the poem, it’s just that ‘Tesla mom cars’ line is so annoying, like when she sang ‘on the ipad’ in HIADT like she’s trying to weave in some futuristic-esque sponsorship or sumn.

This! it just gives off the vibe of a middle aged person (as @@venicebitch said) trying to slide into 'what's cool' for the millennials. 

I do like the poem too if I blur out  like 3 lines haha

Its her instagram yall x i posted an even cringier "pOeM" the other day. I couldnt care less. As long as she expresses her feelings...

The only thing she's gonna post on national womens day is

"hi kids, happy national womens day. A step forward into the right direction."

*insert 1960s footage of a womens march*

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really like the Tesla mom cars line

It indicates that she's aware of her priviledged LA life and her bubble but at the same time we all (including her beverly hills C list influencer friends) come down to simple things at the end of the day like motherhood and no matter how weird it sounds we all are built on simple truths no matter what your status seems to be to people

Idk I dig these. It's definitely a different perspective which I like

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I’m not a fan of her poetry it sounds like a 13 year old girl wrote it. If the poetry book is like this I will save my coins. Her songs are poetry enouth.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance