Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Did you forget so legit

So Legit is from years ago and it was caused by some actual drama between Gaga and Bob. Lana cut off his creep ass from her life and admitted this whole song was a misunderstanding. 

Well it’s honestly well written and believable in this dry as grandma’s vadgaydgay era.

Original version written in Polish by muah, English transcription by @@kitschesque and fake screens also by me  :hooker:  but the funniest thing is the actual idea is from weeks ago and y'all started randomly discussing copyrights yesterday and ruined my whole prank  :crossed:

We'll see with time if Billie stays.

Is she talented? Yes. 

But part of the "appeal" is that she is so young and so talented. Lorde was the same. But she will go older. She will be able to stay if her fanbase grows with her and if she is able to have appeal for the next generation as well. 

She is not so talented. Not at the same level as Lorder at all. Her lyrics are joke.

She is not so talented. Not at the same level as Lorder at all. Her lyrics are joke.

Billie's lyrics are amazing. Lorde is just above everybody, you can't compare. Even Lana will never be as talented as a writer. But I don't think we should compare people like that. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. And they don't write about the same things at all. Let's stop criticising talented new artists like Billie. It's not her fault if Lana was supposed to release her album the same day and we didn't get it. We don't know what happened. We can only speculate.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Did anyone else get Punked by the honeymoun wild one upload lel

I was a victim of that attack, yes.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don’t regard Billie as even the same category as Lana,Lana is alternative pop rock and Billie is Dark Pop. Billie will sell maybe 700,000 by this time next year she will drop like a stone on the charts. Her sound will be tired and I feel like she will be forgotten about. For those reasons I can like billie and not feel she’s a threat to Lana.

exactly. also the whole "we should hate Billie because her album got NFR pushed back" makes no sense logically, and really proves the opposite. if that's even what happened, it means Lana is enough of a threat to Billie that the label didn't want Lana to overshadow Billie's debut, especially since the label is clearly pushing Billie as the next big thing in pop music. Lana and Billie make darker, less traditional pop music. That's really where the comparison starts and ends. 

I'd rather Billie spoiled gen z with edgyness than for Ariana to be a role model tbh

Can we get back to hoping that NFR will be properly announced in 2 weeks when Billie promo quiets down?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

You know, if she really is planning another Summer release then it'll be almost a year since she dropped those "end of summer" jams and by the time the album comes out, they would've gotten very old. Lana is a strong gemini and i think after all this time, its very possible she may decide to remove the songs from the album because she's thought of more ideas. And honestly, i wouldn't be all that mad. As long as she keeps hope is a dangerous thing on the album, then im fine.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

let's not forget that he actually has it for real ugh....... i will never understand these pages, i love them for the leaks and shit but why don't just put every files in a zip then post the thing and go?

because they're desperate for attention and would rather tease songs than release them because they know people would do alot to get certain songs e.g. like, follows, etc

:bye3:  :bye3:  :bye3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

why so much animosity towards billie?? she seems like a nice kid? and if she's doing well then why can't we be happy for her?? we don't even know what happens behind the scenes anyways like if she really is the reason nfr has been delayed but even so she likely doesn't have a choice in this and she seems like she's a big fan of lana anyways 

u guys seriously need to step back sometimes and learn how to voice ur frustrations/anger without insults

n e ways like someone else mentioned above do yall think lana will be at the met gala this year? the theme is Camp: Notes On Fashion and Alessandro Michelle said "camp really means the unique ability of combining high art and pop culture; it is not kitsch" so what do you think she could be wearing if she does show up? Harry Styles is one of the met gala chairs this year and he has a gucci campaign as well.. they're not going together obviously and if lana even goes at all... but i hope at least their outfits would be cohesive if she did show up like how her and jared's outfits matched and stuff. i really hope she attends, she looked so cute in that little green dress and gold earrings from whatever event that was earlier i'm still :flutter: i want more

UbsOye5.png

Just like Justin Bieber, Billie will fade with time. The only child prodigy who really kept themselves on the throne was Michael Jackson.

giphy.gif

exactly. also the whole "we should hate Billie because her album got NFR pushed back" makes no sense logically, and really proves the opposite. if that's even what happened, it means Lana is enough of a threat to Billie that the label didn't want Lana to overshadow Billie's debut, especially since the label is clearly pushing Billie as the next big thing in pop music. Lana and Billie make darker, less traditional pop music. That's really where the comparison starts and ends. 

she's all over Twitter and apparently she's now the best selling artist... she's far from being forgotten. we might hear about her for maybe one year or two. let's not forget that she's supposedly a "child prodigy" so we're gonna talk about her and her album for a while i think. i can't imagine how Lana is feeling rn   :toofunny:   :toofunny: she must regret those candids she took with her 

are y'all delusional? WHY are you all taking down another artist in defense of a person you never met and don't know because you feel personally attacked that nfr isn't out? are you stupid or just childish? i don't really think lana was going to 'outshine' billie's release. yes, lana does have a huge fanbase, but billie also does. and billie also has the advantage of a 'debut album' release where people might just listen to it because she's new. stop being petty for lana's sake... like i don't think that one would top the other if released on the same day, you act like people can't buy more than one album if released at the same time. and even if that were the case and they were both released as stated, billie would probably still sell more because of what i stated above. also lana still has the stigma of writing very particular music and it doesn't age well over time with the general music scene, like no one is doing it and no one really looks for it outside of expecting it from lana so what do y'all actually expect to happen? it's so sad to watch this

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

You know, if she really is planning another Summer release then it'll be almost a year since she dropped those "end of summer" jams and by the time the album comes out, they would've gotten very old. Lana is a strong gemini and i think after all this time, its very possible she may decide to remove the songs from the album because she's thought of more ideas. And honestly, i wouldn't be all that mad. As long as she keeps hope is a dangerous thing on the album, then im fine.

If there's a song she should scrap is that one. Keeping Hope Is Spoiled Milk and scrapping MAC/VB would be homophobic and worth of unstanning  :biblio:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

If there's a song she should scrap is that one. Keeping Hope Is Spoiled Milk and scrapping MAC/VB would be homophobic and worth of unstanning  :biblio:

where is the taste?

giphy.gif

I read on some review article for 'Venice Bitch' a comment claiming Lana has 8 collaborators for every song. Yet on Wikipedia I read Jack Antonoff as the only co-writer. However I wonder if in this industry there are other writers who get royalty checks but do not get public credits and if this is an 'industry thing'. I definitely want to believe that Lana is mostly responsible for her songwriting.