Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wish Lana had her own label. She would be able to release music whenever she wants. But one thing I never understood is why some artists don't release music that often. I mean, Lana was spending her life in studio (before she met her new friends), and we never got stand alone singles. She could put out songs or demos on Soundcloud just for fun, as little presents for us. She doesn't need to do a lot... The last 3 years have felt so dry. If she can post several snippets on Instagram, don't tell me she can't release demos or scrapped songs from LFL to keep us patient...

I get that. It seems to me that she keeps everything under wrap « just in case » she wants to include some « leftovers » to the new album (early rumours of LDR6 had it that she would include new songs + unleaked and unreleased ones from other eras), like she did with BPBP. Or in case she finally decides to release her collection of 25 songs. If she doesn’t release a sorta collection after NFR, she really should release singles or EPs in the future.

This is what I believe is happening. Record companies are in the business of making money. More sales more money. To get more sales you need promotion. You can have the greatest set of songs imaginable, but if people don't know about it then so what. To promote you go on the talk show circuit, you make great music videos, you get some of your music on a TV show or movie soundtrack and yes a couple of radio friendly songs on the CD that the record company can use promote the artist and the CD. At this point in her career it doesn't look like Lana is willing to do any of the above. Post the occasional snippet every few months is treating the fans like a dog. Throw the dog an occasional crumb and he'll hang around a few more months. A sad state of affairs for an artist who I considered my all time favorite female singer until just recently.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lana_Del_Rey#Discography

They changed NFR's year to "TBD" I'm-

idk who "they" is, but it's not somebody from Lana's team - it's just a random user that can edit it.

"Mburrell talk contribs‎  162,985 bytes -37‎  →‎2018–present: Norman Fucking Rockwell and bookPer the latest citation about the new album (Stereogum, March 23, 2019) the album does not have a release date yet. This overrides the earlier album citation (Stereogum, September 18, 2018) as a change in current information available. Removed 2019 as known release year for album."

I wish Lana had her own label. She would be able to release music whenever she wants. But one thing I never understood is why some artists don't release music that often. I mean, Lana was spending her life in studio (before she met her new friends), and we never got stand alone singles. She could put out songs or demos on Soundcloud just for fun, as little presents for us. She doesn't need to do a lot... The last 3 years have felt so dry. If she can post several snippets on Instagram, don't tell me she can't release demos or scrapped songs from LFL to keep us patient...

she can do that with Interscope now and has always been able to, so it wouldn't matter whether she was independent or not.

Lana probably already planing her next record. Bet she has a few songs written

Until NFR, i’d Say you were right. But after LFL, she said herself she had a bit of writer’s block. And from the info’s we got so far, she started working with Jack and after a couple of months, the songs they made came to take shape into a whole record. We know she told her story through her music. With LFL, I sense we caught up to her present timeline. So I don’t know if she has already the next album in mind.

I also wonder where she is with that musical she is working with Rick and if it will be LDR7...

we need leaks. Not leaks of what's to be released but older songs. We NEED some. Why are leakers always keeping songs in the driest periods? we know (because they seem to take pleasure showing us) they have Wild One, The Good Life, even demos... they really are the worst persons on Earth

Eclipse is getting wild on Twitter about Lanaboards, leakers aren't what they were anymore :hooker:

What's his username, I can't remember

giphy.gif

Figured out why the album is late

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-weeknd-sza-travis-scott-new-song-hbo-a8858931.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1554651553

Lan’s is still buds with the Weeknd right? 

Expect to hear her whisper “dragons” at 2:53 

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

What's this hotel thing everyone here seem to know about? I haven't really been up to date with the latest stuff, I've been spending time with family this weekend.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

eclipse is mostly right though lol

i mean aside from we get so many leaks (which we obviously did but not anymore) and not fully knowing her unreleased catalog (bc some of us have been stanning for 7+ years)

yeah the era has been crazy unprofessional, and she did start teasing really early, but like 2 years between an album isnt even that bad of a wait yall are just impatient af, and she did in fact release 3 songs during the wait. a lot of artists dont even release one song between album cycles with bigger gaps between releases than LFL to NFR

What's this hotel thing everyone here seem to know about? I haven't really been up to date with the latest stuff, I've been spending time with family this weekend.

She goes to the Beverly Hills Hotel a lot, which is linked to Brunei. As of a few days ago Brunei implemented a law that would sanction death by stoning for same-sex intercourse, so there is now a boycott against this and other Brunei-owned hotels. 

She goes to the Beverly Hills Hotel a lot, which is linked to Brunei. As of a few days ago Brunei implemented a law that would sanction death by stoning for same-sex intercourse, so there is now a boycott against this and other Brunei-owned hotels. 

Ahh, I see. Thanks for explaining, I missed the part where Brunei owned the hotel so I was wondering why people were upset at Lana staying at hotels all of a sudden. :B

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Chateau Marmont (?) she goes to a lot, but has it been established that she goes to Hotel Bev Hills? Here's an article with a list of hotels, very worthy boycott cause, imo.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/04/asia/celebrities-boycott-brunei-hotels-scli-intl/index.html

Figured out why the album is late

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-weeknd-sza-travis-scott-new-song-hbo-a8858931.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1554651553

Lan’s is still buds with the Weeknd right? 

Expect to hear her whisper “dragons” at 2:53 

i must be confused bc the video is only a minute long