Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Regarding the cover, I think a lot of stuff you don't like/understand is deliberate. For instance, the guy: that's part of the concept, him being dull and Nicholson's son. She's having this classic 60s white bourgeoisie moment (ala National Anthem), but with a modern twist : she stands next to the offspring of a great golden star, she wears a baddie outfit rather than a 60s hairdo. California is burning in the background. She occupies the stage like a man would in a vintage, patriarcal work : in the center, holding her man in a commanding fashion, at the helm like a leader. She's alluding to her aesthetic (a modern take on American archetypes) and this record's project : a Rockwellian illustration of her time through portraits, iconic cultural representations and a mishmash of images. That's actually one of her most coherent project coverwise.

shit I love you the cover makes so much more sense to me now

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

literally the gift that keeps on giving, wouldn’t expect anything less from one of my fav members on here

i'm honored, thanks babe!

it's just the way i feel

I know it will not happen but I would love a deluxe edition w/2 or 3 bonus tracks, a Target edition w/1 more bonus and an iTunes edition w/1 more. 

I love that kind of release. Can't wait to see what track will be revealed with the preo-order, I bet it's Cinnamon Girl or Fuck it i love you.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

So... BAR and Doin Time are there and no Yosemite? The bich never stops surprising me...

Maybe Yosemite was reworked into something else, though I now doubt it.

Love the cover and the tracklist! And Bartender!!!! :D

I just can't believe that BAR is on this. I was so worried it would fade into obscurity now I can finally share it's brilliance (hopefully it's melodically still intact). I'm probably going to listen to that first.

ETA: I just read people are complaining about it being on there - What?? The song is about narcissism in artistry. It fits even more than it would have on LFL.

Not feeling the song titles, most notably IYC being called 'Love Song' but whatever!

3lfQEhw.png

i was shitposting when i first brought up a neon green vinyl but honestly now i legit want it

Given that fucking jacket on the cover, I suddenly feel like it's the most realistic of all the colours we proposed LMAO

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I hope BAR will be produced in the Venice Bitch vibe, there's background noises on the demo that reminds me of it. I hope it will be more raw than the version we have

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg