Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

are we naming random songs we want Lana to cover?

Cuz I want Lana to cover "Like an Eagle". Lana and disco would be divine.

giphy.gif

i don’t think presale codes have gone out yet

"You will receive your unique pre-sale code by 8pm BST Tuesday 6th August so keep an eye on your inbox & spam folders."

8pm BST // 9pm CET

i76mrxw.png 

I miss Lana working with Emile and Rick, just imagine a new song that sounds like Wait For Life or Religion/Salvatore/The Blackest Day  :creepna2:

original.gif

lana's appearance has to be "approved"? I have to laugh, I have to laugh. no one is saying you have to "like" her appearance either, but why comment is if its something negative? picking apart a woman's face/hair/outfit/body when she doesn't live up to your expectations is weird, why does it bother you so much? we all know a comment on a man's appearance is very different and less vicious than a comment on a woman - don't be naive, acknowledge the double standard, don't dismiss it because it makes you uncomfortable. you are further proving my point that a woman has to look a certain way in order to be respected. JB has nothing to do with this discussion. we are talking about fans of LDR chastising her because of her appearance.

also... um, I find it odd that you can't distinguish the difference between criticizing someone's looks and criticizing someone's art - there is literally no correlation. I don't love everything Lana does, and I don't love all of her music, but I don't care how she decides to present herself because that doesn't affect her music, and I don't have a weird obsession with her looks. 

It’s not misogyny when the same objective standard applies to all who stand in the public spotlight, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity or nationality. It doesn’t matter if it’s Nick Jonah, ASAP Rocky, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, or Justin Bieber. Geez, people trash Bieber and his appearance all day long, night and day, and do we hear anyone being accused of ‘man-shaming’ him?

I thought LDR looked okay in that photo. I was defending another’s right to speak her or his mind about someone who was placed themselves in the public spotlight for almost a decade now. The real world isn’t Facebook where only your friends are involved and so everything is always pleasant and cozy.

People saying everyone must like or approve LDR’s appearance at all times are the same ones saying we all must love all her songs or there’s something seriously wrong with us, something ‘homophobic,’ ‘racist,’ or ‘misogynist.’

Lana cover Foolish Games (album version) by Jewel

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

People are complaining about Lana's appearance? REALLY?

Jeeeez, you guys DON'T HAVE to like anything. If she's happy with herself that's all that matters, her happiness. For me she can be thin, fat, have her hair colour brown, blonde, red or just be bald, if she's happy it's all that matters.

We have ''expectations'' or like to see her looking like this or like that? Maybe, but we can't say that she HAS to be the way we like, bc she doesn't have to.

If she's doing plastic surgery or anything, let her do, all that matters is her happiness. She already makes me happy with her art, with her music, what she looks like must matter to her and only her.

original.gif

Unless its for medical reasons then it can be considered a mental illness to want cosmetic surgery, same as like eating disorders.

the power that that lacks, the intelligence that that lacks, the clearance that that lacks, the access that that lacks, the influence that that lacks, the profile that that lacks, the international implications that that lacks

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

People are complaining about Lana's appearance? REALLY?

Jeeeez, you guys DON'T HAVE to like anything. If she's happy with herself that's all that matters, her happiness. For me she can be thin, fat, have her hair colour brown, blonde, red or just be bald, if she's happy it's all that matters.

We have ''expectations'' or like to see her looking like this or like that? Maybe, but we can't say that she HAS to be the way we like, bc she doesn't have to.

If she's doing plastic surgery or anything, let her do, all that matters is her happiness. She already makes me happy with her art, with her music, what she looks like must matter to her and only her.

bold of you to assume Lana's happiness matters :crossed:

Since everyone's talking bout their cover fantasies in an NFR thread, I'm just going to say what we're all thinking: Lana needs to cover She Wolf by Shakira. Do that challenge!

Omg i have literally thought this for so long and I did not think anyone else would share the same opinion cus its so random asfghjkl

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif