Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Only snippets. But if they're already there 24 days in advance of the album release, sure the album won't take long to leak. Poor Lana

Well I'm not sure about it, I think it's because some site will have them as preview.

With lfl the pre order was available 9 days before the release that's why the snippets leaked one week before

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

okay im just gonna make some comparisons. It feels like Lana might go through cycles with album releases

Stage One: BTD / LFL

-singles that did well

-lots of promo (photoshoots, interviews, etc)

-commercial appeal

-entering LDR into the public eye / re-entering her into it

-world tour

Stage Two: UV / NFR

-extremely personal and raw subject matter

-working (almost) exclusively with a new producer

-fan favorites

-released after multiple delays

-exploring a new sound

-smaller, U.S. based tours

Stage Three: HM / LDR6

-more to come...

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

The snippets all sound so promising. HTD is the one that I don't like that much, but it's only a 30-second snippet after all. TNBAR seems to be different in tone, in the beginning. She better have kept «My baby used to dance underneath my architecture»: it's the most iconic vagina reference ever (after Heart-Shaped box). Love the piano melody on Bartender. California is sublime. Cinnamon Girl: fuck me now. 

is California song Yosemite as what rumors said before?

I forts thought so, considering it was the sister track of BAR. And Yosemite- California is a quick link I made. But having heard the snippet, the tone is different from Yosemite. So, I don't think so anymore. 

Love Song, Bartender and Cinnamon slay.

I feel like California could go either way.

Not super impressed with FIILY; it's like she's slurring and it sounds like "Fuh ih I lie youuu".

I'm traumatised by HTD.

That is all.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

California is coming for blood

HTD has the potential to be a cute jazzy song

TNBAR lyrics make no sense, msybe when we get the full version

The Greatest also sounds sooo good

i cant wait for this album :icant: id rate the snippets like this as of now:

1) California

2) The Greatest

3) Norman Fucking Rockwell

4) Cinnamon

5) Happiness

6) Love song

7) BAR

8) Bartender

9) How To Disappear

10) Fuck It I Love You

image.png

uh literally where did i say anything about the live performance being a confirmed demo? i've hated that livestream production with a vengeance ever since i first heard it, and the live performance just happens to be a perfect example of what it could have been. not sure why you're quoting me to say this shit but...go off i guess?

and for the record i don't want rick or emile anywhere near that song either

not sure why ur quoting me when u apparently dont feel addressed by my post but go off i guess?

giphy.gif

i76mrxw.png 

The "oh" she sings in Love Song reminds me of Starry Eyed so much  :ohno:

I'm most worried about How To Disappear's production. It sounds fanmade... but I think we will just have to put our trust into Jackoff and wait for the full thing

Third time listening to snippets. This is her most down to earth, and at the same time, her most risky project ever. Sounds like honesty. Straight to the chest. No way I'm not crying when I listen to the full album, as I'm almost doing with just snippets. Bartender... Even HIAD sound perfectly contextualized. This girl...

-Edit: 3492892840824th time listening to snippets. The 24 days left until the album release will be thougher than the hell she made us gone through since last september. Fuck.