Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

And regarding her “recycling” of certain Lana-isms (party dress, referencing the color blue, etc) I feel like part of her charm is seeing how these staples in the existence of Lana Del Rey change context as she grows as a person. The party dress of Cruel World is definitely not the same party dress that’s in Love Song and I think that means something.

Yeah I don't really identify with the recycling/repeating critiques I see. I feel like these are all just part of her aesthetic as an artist, almost like the way movie directors or authors have recurring motifs in their work as well, for me it doesn't cheapen the work, it just speaks to the artist's sensibilities.

Yeah I don't really identify with the recycling/repeating critiques I see. I feel like these are all just part of her aesthetic as an artist, almost like the way movie directors or authors have recurring motifs in their work as well, for me it doesn't cheapen the work, it just speaks to the artist's sensibilities.

This exactly

Sooo excited to listen to the album for the first time Friday ! Ugh yes . Been trying to avoid the fuckin spoilers too

gurl me too i didn't even listen to the snippets i feel like something huge is waiting for me, i deserve to be rewarded

i deserve a boxset :creep:

:smile3:

Anyway I just wanted to say that NFR rivals LFL for worst title track and that’s the tee

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Am I the only person on this god forsaken thread who has not heard snippets or leaks or the full entire album yet? I can't possibly be the only one with self control on here. 

giphy.gif

Anyway I just wanted to say that NFR rivals LFL for worst title track and that’s the tee

3% diluted peroxide is safe to put in the ears if they’re feeling clogged or like there’s pressure in your head!! :)

I found HtD's production kind of hideous, at least until the guitar comes in towards the end, but I think at least half of that is because of how loud it is versus how quiet her voice is.

Haven't listened to the album yet and you all seem so divided on which version of FIILY is better.

Which one fits better with the rest of the album? I don't know what to do, I want my first listen to be magical. :ohno:

I think if you want to have a magical first listen, then you're going to want to have the most "pure" experience by listening to the version that is in the official release of the full album. Even if you listen to the single version ahead of time, you'll want to keep the album version in there for your first listen through. But imo, both are good. The single version is perhaps more of a bop.

Why do something fun tomorrow when you could do it today?

Like we could all be dead tomorrow and then those of you who haven't listened will have died never having heard Cinnamon or California. :agree:  :rip:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Wow. I thought you were cool, Bitches. :judgingu:

None of her title tracks are truly bad, though. I'm just sick of Born to Die.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i understand either way. personally i want to respect lanas wishes because this is her art, and i want to be a part of the collective experience of lana sharing an album with us that we havent (ideally) heard yet. im probably going to play through the album repeatedly until i hate it once i hear it. might as well help her stream count rather than doing it on my computer. i just think it adds to the hype for me as well, since ill be listening thursday night with my friends, and i have enough self control to wait. so no hate HOWEVER some of you need to learn how to use that mf spoiler tab

Seriously hoping the version of HTD we get on Friday will be different

they wouldnt release something different than whats already on the cd

Why do something fun tomorrow when you could do it today?

Like we could all be dead tomorrow and then those of you who haven't listened will have died never having heard Cinnamon or California. :agree:  :rip:

I love this lol.