Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

unless ur a fuckin gemini

yo literally there's a lot of astrological explanations in lana's birth chart for why she is...Like That™️ (besides the fact that she is indeed very much a fuckin gemini)

like for example, she has saturn in the 7th house, which is the house of friendships/romantic relationships/interpersonal shit in general, and saturn has to do with struggles/obstacles/limitations

also pluto and saturn are transiting her 9th house right now, which tbh i think has something to do with the hillsong fuckery

i'll shut up but lmk if anyone actually wants to hear my deep dive into our favorite insta baddie's birth chart at some point, that would be one hell of a thread

it's just the way i feel

does she think retweeting her tweet ab HIADT that came out a month ago has any affect on us

Lana to Ben: my girlfriends are my new promo team

Ben: ....What

Lana: you heard me! Brittany, Jenny, Rebecca, Heather and Tiffany are my new promo team. They've got some genius ideas. I'm posting random photos on my Instagram as a theme and retweeting old tweets.

Ben: Lana, what kind of theme is that mes-

Lana: are we going to have a problem, buddy?

Ben: oh no! No no no, uhhh... Yeah you do you.

Lana: thought so! :bye2:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

This is my worst fear for this era. I was literally talking to my husband about her possibly pulling a Sky Ferreira on us lol

I don't stan sky but what's the ref?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Also, there was somewhere a discussion about her fillers (I mean it’s here like twice a week but whatever) and I want to ask a question/share an unpopular opinion with you guys: Did you ever consider that maybe she’s not doing cheek fillers but maybe her face is more round because of her not doing that much fillers anymore (maybe not exactly fillers but some other treatments)? Of course apart from aging and gaining weight, that’s kinda obvious at this point. Like, maybe back in 2012 her face was that slim because she was just “investing” in it so much and actually from as far as I know, sometimes her face used to be that round in her Lizzy days as well!

So… what if it’s not her fucking with her face too much but actually… not enough?  :hooker:

omg you guys complain about everything LOL seriously MAC and VB are amazing how can you possibly wanna live in a world where you haven't heard them. She's messy with her releases and WBK but have some faith. every lana album is immaculate.

quoting a thread from atrl called "timeline of Masochism"

October 29th - Sky Ferreira releases her long-awaited debut album Night Time, My Time.

November 21st - In an interview with Billboard, Sky announces that she is already working on her sophomore album and describes its sound as "heavier"and "a blend of everything". The same night, she debuts Guardian at a concert in LA.

November 30th - Sky shares a snippet of the Guardian demo on Instagram and announces that she will release it "next year" alongside a video directed by Grant Singer. (This never happens)

December 22nd - Sky posts on Instagram that she is "anxious/ready" to start making her second album.

February 10th - via Twitter, Sky announces that the name of her sophomore album begins with an M.

April 6th - Sky updates her Instagram bio to include 'Masochism' alongside 'Night Time, My Time', fuelling speculation that it is the name of her upcoming sophomore album. She later confirms this on Twitter.

May 11th - Sky tweets that a new song/film directed by Grant Singer will come out in the summer. (This never happens)

June 3rd - Via Instagram, Sky announces that Guardian is coming out in the summer and shares another snippet. (This never happens)

July 2nd - Sky posts a drawing by Lucas David on Instagram and captions it "Masochism #2016, Guardian coming this summer". (This never happens)

October 6th - Sky makes an Instagram post confirming that she is still working on Masochism and to have patience.

December 15th - Sky makes an Instagram post stating the first song from Masochism will be released in early 2016. (This never happens)

January 1st - In a New Year's post on Instagram, Sky states that we will hear "this year". (this never happens)

February 16th - In an interview with Dazed Magazine, Sky announces that she is still recording Masochism but that it is due for release in the summer. (This never happens)

September 22nd - Sky posts her Playboy Magazine covers on Instagram and calls them a "visual introduction" to Masochism.

October 22nd - In an Instagram post, Sky says she is making music in her hotel room.

November 25th - Sky tweets that she "can't wait" to put out music.

December 9th - Sky tweets that she can't wait to "put out/make music without having to spit blood", suggesting label drama.

January 31st - Sky posts an image of the Capitol Records building on Instagram, captioning it "glue yr wigs", suggesting an imminent release.

March 21st - Sky tweets that her album is "starting to shape up nicely" in her head.

July 17th - In an Instagram post, Sky states that she is working on new music quietly and that people above her are responsible for the lack of new music but that these problems are being solved and she is planning on making and putting something out "soon".

September 13th - In another Instagram post, Sky announces that she is putting out new music "very soon", although it is not Masochism.

October 20th - Sky mentions that she is in a mixing session in an Instagram post.

November 4th - Via her Instagram Story, Sky says that she is not currently well enough to release Masochism but that new music and a video are coming "extremely soon".

November 20th - Sky tweets that she is ill and can't put out a tonne of music all at once because she doesn't feel well enough to promote and tour it.

December 11th - Sky posts on Instagram that new music is coming within 60 days. (This never happens)

December 19th - Via her Instagram story, Sky once again affirms that new music (a series of songs, not Masochism) is coming out "really really" soon in early 2018. (This never happens)

December 21st - Track Records posts an open letter to Sky asking her to release new music, to which she replies that new music is coming "this winter". (This never happens)

December 22nd - In an interview with The FADER, Sky announces that she still does not feel well enough to release a full album and that she is instead putting out a "heavily visual" EP that will begin to be released in February or March "for sure". (This never happens)

December 23rd - In a reply to a fan demanding music on Twitter, Sky states that she is releasing new music "very soon".

January 10th - Sky posts an image on Instagram and announces that it is the first official photo from her upcoming music release.

April 10th - Sky announces that she is finally mixing Guardian (4 years after first performing it live) via her Instagram story.

June 6th - In a long post on Instagram, Sky announces that new music is "finally happening" and that she is waiting for the official release date (presumably from her label) before announcing her single(s), suggesting a double release.

July 6th - Via Instagram, Sky states that she is putting the finishing touches to her first two singles and writes "Masochism, finally", suggesting that the EP has been cancelled.

July 30th - In a reply to a fan asking about Masochism on Twitter, Sky says that the first single involves "a fire baptism".

September 26th - On her Instagram story, Sky shares an image of files and states that she is listening to each singular track in order and making notes on them before properly arranging and finishing them.

September 30th - Sky confirms via Instagram that Guardian will have a separate release after she puts out brand new music, although she is still writing songs and is not sure of Masochism's final tracklist yet.

October 10th - On her Instagram story, Sky writes "it's being made" and puts the location as Capitol Records, suggesting Masochism is finally on its way.

November 5th - On her Instagram story, Sky announces that she has finally finished her first single in almost five years.

November 14th - Sky posts on Instagram "this winter... it is official!"

November 17th - In a reply to a fan asking about Masochism on Twitter, Sky tells them that her first single comes out "this winter" although she is still waiting for the official release date due to label technicalities.

November 18th - Sky replies to another fan on Twitter and tells them that new music will be released before March.

As of 30th January 2019, Masochism remains unreleased and there is no official release date for any singles or the album itself 

image.png

Basically Sky teases things and says her album is coming, then 3 - 6 months later she says circumstances didn’t allow her to release any music. There was a time she legit posted a date not saying what it was for, the day came and it turned out to be a photo shoot or something other than music and her fans got upset. Then she got upset at them even though music is exactly what people have been expecting from her for 5-6 years. It’s messy. There was also this funny incident where I think she posted that she finally finished recorded a song that (I think?) she said took her a year to finish. Not saying Lana works that slow, but the 6 month wait since MAC and VB and her whatever attitude toward NFR makes me feel like something is up w her and puts me off a bit.

Also, there was somewhere a discussion about her fillers (I mean it’s here like twice a week but whatever) and I want to ask a question/share an unpopular opinion with you guys: Did you ever consider that maybe she’s not doing cheek fillers but maybe her face is more round because of her not doing that much fillers anymore (maybe not exactly fillers but some other treatments)? Of course apart from aging and gaining weight, that’s kinda obvious at this point. Like, maybe back in 2012 her face was that slim because she was just “investing” in it so much and actually from as far as I know, sometimes her face used to be that round in her Lizzy days as well!

So… what if it’s not her fucking with her face too much but actually… not enough?  :hooker:

she seems to be about a more healthier "blogger" lifestyle now, yk spin classes and wheat grass smoothies  :eartha:  

so id assume her face would start to slim naturally instead of getting rounder? 

she seems to be about a more healthier "blogger" lifestyle now, yk spin classes and wheat grass smoothies  :eartha:  

so id assume her face would start to slim naturally instead of getting rounder? 

Yeah I think her face is more slim now than it used to be a few months ago

but of course it’s nowhere to be as slim as it was in 2012

quoting a thread from atrl called "timeline of Masochism"

October 29th - Sky Ferreira releases her long-awaited debut album Night Time, My Time.

November 21st - In an interview with Billboard, Sky announces that she is already working on her sophomore album and describes its sound as "heavier"and "a blend of everything". The same night, she debuts Guardian at a concert in LA.

November 30th - Sky shares a snippet of the Guardian demo on Instagram and announces that she will release it "next year" alongside a video directed by Grant Singer. (This never happens)

December 22nd - Sky posts on Instagram that she is "anxious/ready" to start making her second album.

February 10th - via Twitter, Sky announces that the name of her sophomore album begins with an M.

April 6th - Sky updates her Instagram bio to include 'Masochism' alongside 'Night Time, My Time', fuelling speculation that it is the name of her upcoming sophomore album. She later confirms this on Twitter.

May 11th - Sky tweets that a new song/film directed by Grant Singer will come out in the summer. (This never happens)

June 3rd - Via Instagram, Sky announces that Guardian is coming out in the summer and shares another snippet. (This never happens)

July 2nd - Sky posts a drawing by Lucas David on Instagram and captions it "Masochism #2016, Guardian coming this summer". (This never happens)

October 6th - Sky makes an Instagram post confirming that she is still working on Masochism and to have patience.

December 15th - Sky makes an Instagram post stating the first song from Masochism will be released in early 2016. (This never happens)

January 1st - In a New Year's post on Instagram, Sky states that we will hear "this year". (this never happens)

February 16th - In an interview with Dazed Magazine, Sky announces that she is still recording Masochism but that it is due for release in the summer. (This never happens)

September 22nd - Sky posts her Playboy Magazine covers on Instagram and calls them a "visual introduction" to Masochism.

October 22nd - In an Instagram post, Sky says she is making music in her hotel room.

November 25th - Sky tweets that she "can't wait" to put out music.

December 9th - Sky tweets that she can't wait to "put out/make music without having to spit blood", suggesting label drama.

January 31st - Sky posts an image of the Capitol Records building on Instagram, captioning it "glue yr wigs", suggesting an imminent release.

March 21st - Sky tweets that her album is "starting to shape up nicely" in her head.

July 17th - In an Instagram post, Sky states that she is working on new music quietly and that people above her are responsible for the lack of new music but that these problems are being solved and she is planning on making and putting something out "soon".

September 13th - In another Instagram post, Sky announces that she is putting out new music "very soon", although it is not Masochism.

October 20th - Sky mentions that she is in a mixing session in an Instagram post.

November 4th - Via her Instagram Story, Sky says that she is not currently well enough to release Masochism but that new music and a video are coming "extremely soon".

November 20th - Sky tweets that she is ill and can't put out a tonne of music all at once because she doesn't feel well enough to promote and tour it.

December 11th - Sky posts on Instagram that new music is coming within 60 days. (This never happens)

December 19th - Via her Instagram story, Sky once again affirms that new music (a series of songs, not Masochism) is coming out "really really" soon in early 2018. (This never happens)

December 21st - Track Records posts an open letter to Sky asking her to release new music, to which she replies that new music is coming "this winter". (This never happens)

December 22nd - In an interview with The FADER, Sky announces that she still does not feel well enough to release a full album and that she is instead putting out a "heavily visual" EP that will begin to be released in February or March "for sure". (This never happens)

December 23rd - In a reply to a fan demanding music on Twitter, Sky states that she is releasing new music "very soon".

January 10th - Sky posts an image on Instagram and announces that it is the first official photo from her upcoming music release.

April 10th - Sky announces that she is finally mixing Guardian (4 years after first performing it live) via her Instagram story.

June 6th - In a long post on Instagram, Sky announces that new music is "finally happening" and that she is waiting for the official release date (presumably from her label) before announcing her single(s), suggesting a double release.

July 6th - Via Instagram, Sky states that she is putting the finishing touches to her first two singles and writes "Masochism, finally", suggesting that the EP has been cancelled.

July 30th - In a reply to a fan asking about Masochism on Twitter, Sky says that the first single involves "a fire baptism".

September 26th - On her Instagram story, Sky shares an image of files and states that she is listening to each singular track in order and making notes on them before properly arranging and finishing them.

September 30th - Sky confirms via Instagram that Guardian will have a separate release after she puts out brand new music, although she is still writing songs and is not sure of Masochism's final tracklist yet.

October 10th - On her Instagram story, Sky writes "it's being made" and puts the location as Capitol Records, suggesting Masochism is finally on its way.

November 5th - On her Instagram story, Sky announces that she has finally finished her first single in almost five years.

November 14th - Sky posts on Instagram "this winter... it is official!"

November 17th - In a reply to a fan asking about Masochism on Twitter, Sky tells them that her first single comes out "this winter" although she is still waiting for the official release date due to label technicalities.

November 18th - Sky replies to another fan on Twitter and tells them that new music will be released before March.

As of 30th January 2019, Masochism remains unreleased and there is no official release date for any singles or the album itself 

Basically Sky teases things and says her album is coming, then 3 - 6 months later she says circumstances didn’t allow her to release any music. There was a time she legit posted a date not saying what it was for, the day came and it turned out to be a photo shoot or something other than music and her fans got upset. Then she got upset at them even though music is exactly what people have been expecting from her for 5-6 years. It’s messy. There was also this funny incident where I think she posted that she finally finished recorded a song that (I think?) she said took her a year to finish. Not saying Lana works that slow, but the 6 month wait since MAC and VB and her whatever attitude toward NFR makes me feel like something is up w her and puts me off a bit.

lmao poor stans. ty for explanations! 

Lana is gonna do this  :toofunny: see y'all in 2022

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm sorry but does she actually think we care about what she's posting? Like I love when she does this in between eras to show aspects of her life but she knows we're waiting for literally ANY news about the album.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF