Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay. But that brings us back to the “how unprofessional can you get?” aspect of this highly-flawed rollout. It’s self-destructive and self-defeating to tease your fans, to dangle something in front of them and then yank it back or otherwise make it unavailable.

It makes her look arrogant, clueless and stupid (take your pick); it makes a great number of people lose respect for her. No one likes to be teased, fooled, toyed with or manipulated.

I am not willing to make excuses for her poor business acumen based on speculation about her emotional and mental health, though it’s clear she does have troubles of these kinds; ‘Hope’ as much as declared it to be so.

If the album is finished and she’s unable to make business decisions of any kind due to her inner troubles, then Ben and Interscope should make them after conferring with her.

I agree with you that this "era" was not done right. She stretched for too fucking long. Like many here, I prefer complete silence between albums but when the pre-era starts, the album has to come out 4 or 5 months max after the first song (which is what most artists do if everything goes as planned). Tease snippets in the meantime all you want, but don't do it while making the record if you have no idea when you will put it out. 

If it's any consolation, Interscope must know we are impatient and for the next album, they will probably sit down with Miss Del Rey and help her plan her release strategy. They gave her all the liberties she wanted because of the LFL success. 

Daily reminder to stream Doin Time girlies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UazdAlqhs

giphy.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

THEN when she spoke about it, she should have just said, “I have finished a new album called “________,” and will share with all of you that it will be out a year from now, in the early Fall of 2019. You won’t hear much from me until then. Cheers.”

It's another one of her problems: she is shit at estimating how long things take to be done. When she said top of the year, she probably meant it. But it took longer to finish.

Like you said, she should have clarified at some point. I guess she thought her tweet on her MissDaytona Twitter account was anough. 

Hey there.

Been reading this thread for some months, and given the level of nonsense over all this thing just decided to create an account and send a message.

I find beautiful the way all of us fans are so concerned about Lana's new work -in my case, her new album; her poetry seems like garbage to me-. Perhaps, i think that the level of misbehaviour she's keeping to her fans nearly touches a way of psychological abuse. It's fucking absurd we're all having to check if she likes or not a comment made on Instagram by her manager, it's absurd we have to wait months and months just to receive a fucking glimpse of something that never ends up being real information (weird tweets, horrible poems, weird church pics and stuff).

As much as I love Lana's work and how hard I artistically relate to her, I think fans should put limits to their patience and remind her that it itsn't true what many here are saying ("she doesn't owes us anything"), as she basically owes EVERYTHING to her fans about the life she is able to have and the mere possibility of behaving as she is right now is due to the fans who have supported her both financially and in all imaginable ways from 2011 to now.

She has many incredible albums done which -at least for me- dont seem to get old nor boring, as they're amazing, and there are tons of amazing artists out there who really need support and affection right now to grow and develop their visions, thing that doesn't seem to appeal Lana for the moment.

Just vindicating the respect and the selfworth we as fans deserve, given the fact that Lana seems to have forgotten about it.

Hello and welcome. The main thing is, don’t tease your fans beyond the very small amount of teasing that goes into building suspense for a new project. Treat them with respect, as intelligent individuals who also support you financially. Don’t offer them something they can’t purchase. Don’t jerk them around, don’t confuse them and treat your own public statements are inconsequential. Treat yourself and them with respect.

We have to be getting an update from Lana today as its UV's birthday, maybe she'll mention something about NFR  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  while shes active online i hope ppl comment loads about nfr and she ends up responding, even if its a lil ig comment....

Okay. But that brings us back to the “how unprofessional can you get?” aspect of this highly-flawed rollout. It’s self-destructive and self-defeating to tease your fans, to dangle something in front of them and then yank it back or otherwise make it unavailable.

It makes her look arrogant, clueless and stupid (take your pick); it makes a great number of people lose respect for her. No one likes to be teased, fooled, toyed with or manipulated.

I am not willing to make excuses for her poor business acumen based on speculation about her emotional and mental health, though it’s clear she does have troubles of these kinds; ‘Hope’ as much as declared it to be so.

If the album is finished and she’s unable to make business decisions of any kind due to her inner troubles, then Ben and Interscope should make them after conferring with her.

She messed up, we know it, but now move on. Like Gemini said, she's bad at giving estimations. I agree she could say something. Silence can be disrespectful for some people, but not everybody feels the same. I guess the album isn't too far from now. All we have to do is being patient and stop saying trash about her every single day. It doesn't help with anything. The more you talk bad about her, the more you really hate her, and you won't even be able to enjoy the album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

If Lana keeps on singing half of the songs in her upcoming concerts I will get so mad

I'd be surprised if she even acknowledged it, given most of them are festivals (I think, feel free to correct me lmao) and most people there will be there to hear summertime sadness

locals only

We have to be getting an update from Lana today as its UV's birthday, maybe she'll mention something about NFR :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: while shes active online i hope ppl comment loads about nfr and she ends up responding, even if its a lil ig comment....

I wish I still had this level of hope (aka delusion, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be harsh sounding). I remember when it was Norman Rockwell’s birthday I felt so sure she had to mention something considering the album is named after him.

Honestly, since MAC and the initial mention of NFR, this whole wait has felt like it’s own lifetime separate from my actual life. At first with those September songs, it was spring. The promise of new music AKA the promise of life and beauty and fun and peace, even if it was peace that lasted just as long as the record was spinning. Then January came and with it, hope. The proverbial summer of our NFR wait. We had bountiful snippets and live-streams of her and jack in the studio. Everything was going beautifully. Then all of a sudden it trailed off, and autumn came. The bounties of summer withered and with it, our hope of paradise. We are now clearly in the dead of winter. There is a stillness but we are not at rest. A bitter cold wind runs through these forums.

But no one writes, produces, announces and completes a specific album, with a specific concept, and then just sits on it.

If it were not repeatedly announced, over a period of 6 or more months, it would be different. It would be her private project that she can do with whatever she pleases.

That’s like an adult making a grand evening supper for his or her family, making sure everyone knows to be home, having it ready to enjoy by 7:00 p.m., but then inexplicably letting it get cold and sit on the table overnight, and then offering it without explanation to your hungry, confused family at 3:00 p.m. the next day.

Lady Gaga made an entire Artpop 2 just to give it to her friends and keep it for herself so I mean, if anyone else would do it, it doesn’t shock me if Lana did. With all the teasing Gaga did too, she was pretty set on releasing it and then just... never did

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

im so jealous of charli stans. they are being fed and charli knows how to work an era good (from what ive been seeing idk if other stuff has happened)

Let's decide which drugs the albums are. NFR is adderall because I needed it to get through exams, but it was nowhere to be found :hooker:

It was already done many times. Promote drugs somewhere else please

~?~

Can’t believe Charli fed her stans w album art, release date, AND tracklist all in one morning

Lol babe it happened ONE time. Relax & take a chill pill

One is already too much. I prefer matcha tea to relax :)

~?~

You're canceling Lana every two days, yet y'all still here begging for the album

I can relate tho

we want to but we can’t, it’s physically and emotionally impossible :defeated:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass