Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Do u think when the record finally comes out, that it'll b like a Tay Swift comeback or a Hilary Duff comeback? giphy-20.gif

what does that mean? What do Hillary duff and Taylor Swift have in common?

I'm just listening to that live stream when she's in the studio with Jack..... I really really want the studio version of how to disappear.. and a studio piano version. Its so beautiful <3 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

what does that mean? What do Hillary duff and Taylor Swift have in common?

they are trying to say "what kind of impact do you think this comeback will have? an impact like taylor? or an impact like hilary"

when hilary came back nobody cared literally nobody cared at all like absolutely nobody cared

meanwhile when taylor came back with reputation everyone ate it up and it broke the internet and the stan world

kiss kiss hoebag

Cute that we're celebrating 2000 pages of tragedy when the charli thread is 3435 pages and this ain't even charliboards. Step it up ladies :creep: :creep:

And the fact that Charli is going to actually release her album makes it sadder

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

they are trying to say "what kind of impact do you think this comeback will have? an impact like taylor? or an impact like hilary"

when hilary came back nobody cared literally nobody cared at all like absolutely nobody cared

meanwhile when taylor came back with reputation everyone ate it up and it broke the internet and the stan world

definitely a hillary comeback 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Whether MAC or VB were lead singles or not means nothing and wouldn't fix the messiness of this era. Hashtag top of the year, hashtag album's done but who knows when it'll be released lil b. No point in trying to save the NFR era. She's dead.

locals only

okay I need help so apparently this is the last active thread even REMOTELY related to Lana anymore skskskfnsdi but apparently a bunch of demos/songs have been ghost leaking and I don't know how or where...

anybody know anything about the 2 playing dangerous outtakes

the Daytona meth instrumental

or the wild one instrumental???

It's best to post this in the 'request' thread? You'll get a warning point otherwise.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

wasnt 'Norman Fucking Rockwell' announced as an album when Venice Bitch came out?  and she said it was done months ago, right?  i can't be the only one remembering this.  no one would have any reason to even expect another album coming out if it hadn't been for Lana herself explicitly saying it.  Now i'm mostly just trying to laugh (and cry) about it while waiting for leaks .   is it that deep?

wasnt 'Norman Fucking Rockwell' announced as an album when Venice Bitch came out? and she said it was done months ago, right? i can't be the only one remembering this. no one would have any reason to even expect another album coming out if it hadn't been for Lana herself explicitly saying it. Now i'm mostly just trying to laugh (and cry) about it while waiting for leaks . is it that deep?

You're totally right. She announced NFR last September and said it was done this year. But just because it's done doesn't mean she has to release it straight away

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

You're totally right. She announced NFR last September and said it was done this year. But just because it's done doesn't mean she has to release it straight away

But no one writes, produces, announces and completes a specific album, with a specific concept, and then just sits on it.

If it were not repeatedly announced, over a period of 6 or more months, it would be different. It would be her private project that she can do with whatever she pleases.

That’s like an adult making a grand evening supper for his or her family, making sure everyone knows to be home, having it ready to enjoy by 7:00 p.m., but then inexplicably letting it get cold and sit on the table overnight, and then offering it without explanation to your hungry, confused family at 3:00 p.m. the next day.

But no one writes, produces, announces and completes a specific album, with a specific concept, and then just sits on it.

If it were not repeatedly announced, over a period of 6 or more months, it would be different. It would be her private project that she can do with whatever she pleases.

Melanie Martinez finished her second album in 2017 and it's only gonna come in September this year. She first announced it for the fall of 2017, then delayed to the beginning of 2018, then the end of 2018, and finally end of the summer of 2019 (which is right this time). The reason why? She was making a movie for the album. She could've just released the album and then the movie, but no, she wanted everything together.

Now apply this to Lana; what can be her reasons for delaying the album? The most evident reason is the poetry book. She wants to put it out before the album and it might be taking more time than she thought it would. Now another reason, a personal reason. We all know she suffered from depression for many years and she says in Hope that having distractions is the only way she found to forget about her sadness. We also know that NFR is sad and tells about her everyday life, but probably the deep aspects of it. When she said she would maybe release a song last October, I'm nearly sure it was Hope, but she delayed it because it was too personal and she wasn't ready yet. I think she wants to enjoy her life, which she might not be able to do when she releases the album. And honestly, knowing sadness and depression are coming again if you stop having fun is terrifying.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Now apply this to Lana; what can be her reasons for delaying the album? The most evident reason is the poetry book. She wants to put it out before the album and it might be taking more time than she thought it would. Now another reason, a personal reason. We all know she suffered from depression for many years and she says in Hope that having distractions is the only way she found to forget about her sadness. We also know that NFR is sad and tells about her everyday life, but probably the deep aspects of it. When she said she would maybe release a song last October, I'm nearly sure it was Hope, but she delayed it because it was too personal and she wasn't ready yet. I think she wants to enjoy her life, which she might not be able to do when she releases the album. And honestly, knowing sadness and depression are coming again if you stop having fun is terrifying.

Okay. But that brings us back to the “how unprofessional can you get?” aspect of this highly-flawed rollout. It’s self-destructive and self-defeating to tease your fans, to dangle something in front of them and then yank it back or otherwise make it unavailable.

It makes her look arrogant, indifferent, clueless and stupid (take your pick); it makes a great number of people lose respect for her. No one likes to be teased, fooled, toyed with or manipulated.

I am not willing to make excuses for her poor business acumen based on speculation about her emotional and mental health, though it’s clear she does have troubles of these kinds; ‘Hope’ as much as declared it to be so.

If the album is finished and she’s unable to make business decisions of any kind due to her inner troubles, then Ben and Interscope should make them after conferring with her.

That’s like an adult making a grand evening supper for his or her family, making sure everyone knows to be home, having it ready to enjoy by 7:00 p.m., but then inexplicably letting it get cold and sit on the table overnight, and then offering it without explanation to your hungry, confused family at 3:00 p.m. the next day.

The album was done in December / January. and we are in June. It hasn't been that long, honestly. There's no written rule that an artist needs to put out an album the minute it's done. This happens all the time with books: when they are officially done, there's usually a "waiting period" before it's out, the editor waiting for the season that is most likely to have the book noticed. 

NFR and the poetry book have a similar tone and they will probably be released close to each other.

And I've said that 10 times already: is NFR a summer album? I don't think so. End of summer or fall, but certaintly not June or July release. It's too introspective (Doin' Time has exactly the summer feeling that is needed to do well in summer, and it seems to work). So, even if the poetry book is taking too long and she finally decides to have NFR out before it, she has to deal with Interscope wanting a strategic date to have the album perform well when it's released. 

The album was done in December / January. and we are in June. It hasn't been that long, honestly. There's no written rule that an artist needs to put out an album the minute it's done. This happens all the time with books: when they are officially done, there's usually a "waiting period" before it's out, the editor waiting for the season that is most likely to have the book noticed.

NFR and the poetry book have a similar tone and they will probably be released close to each other.

And I've said that 10 times already: is NFR a summer album? I don't think so. End of summer or fall, but certaintly not June or July release. It's too introspective (Doin' Time has exactly the summer feeling that is needed to do well in summer, and it seems to work). So, even if the poetry book is taking too long and she finally decides to have NFR out before it, she has to deal with Interscope wanting a strategic date to have the album perform well when it's released.

THEN when she spoke about it, she should have just said, “I have finished a new album called “________,” and will share with all of you that it will be out a year from now, in the early Fall of 2019. You won’t hear much from me until then. Cheers.”

Hey there.

Been reading this thread for some months, and given the level of nonsense over all this thing just decided to create an account and send a message.

I find beautiful the way all of us fans are so concerned about Lana's new work -in my case, her new album; her poetry seems like garbage to me-. Perhaps, i think that the level of misbehaviour she's keeping to her fans nearly touches a way of psychological abuse. It's fucking absurd we're all having to check if she likes or not a comment made on Instagram by her manager, it's absurd we have to wait months and months just to receive a fucking glimpse of something that never ends up being real information (weird tweets, horrible poems, weird church pics and stuff).

As much as I love Lana's work and how hard I artistically relate to her, I think fans should put limits to their patience and remind her that it itsn't true what many here are saying ("she doesn't owes us anything"), as she basically owes EVERYTHING to her fans about the life she is able to have and the mere possibility of behaving as she is right now is due to the fans who have supported her both financially and in all imaginable ways from 2011 to now.

She has many incredible albums done which -at least for me- dont seem to get old nor boring, as they're amazing, and there are tons of amazing artists out there who really need support and affection right now to grow and develop their visions, thing that doesn't seem to appeal Lana for the moment.

Just vindicating the respect and the selfworth we as fans deserve, given the fact that Lana seems to have forgotten about it.