Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay so I've had some time to think about the overall aesthetic for this album based on what we have involving the new pics Lana posted PLUS the logo, here's my take:

It's possible it could be a 50's retro theme involving bright colours like pink, blue, lime green, grey-black etc. 

Here we see some similarities between a retro pic of a beach body competition from the 1950's, to the pic with Lana that she seems to be re-creating for a music video:

tE194ut.jpg

And then we have the logo which seems to share similarities with old school comic books (which were popular also in the 1950's)

miTk7M5.jpg

Her music videos seem to have a clear indication on the aesthetic of the album as a whole. And yeah I know MAC and VB don't share the whole 50's vibe but clearly those videos were made on a whim with no extra thought or clear detail. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now remembering how the Lust for Life booklet is a gas station brochure plus the same photo of daisies used twice

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

how much songs did she say the album has the last time ? I feel like we probably have almost all the titles at this point!

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Oh look here's the new tracklist:

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Mariner's Motherfucking Apartment Complex

Happiness is a Butterfly, you miserable fucks

Roses Bloom For You, Bitch

In your fucking car I'm a fucking star and I'm fucking burning the fuck through you

Fuck it, I love you

You don’t ever fucking have to fucking be fucking stronger than you fucking are, motherfucker

The Greatest (Motherfucker)

Cinnamon FFS

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it, so go fuck yourself

How the fuck to disappear

Venice Bitch

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

how much songs did she say the album has the last time ? I feel like we probably have almost all the titles at this point!

Thirteen

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

If the album cover hasn’t been shot yet we ain’t getting this album in August

That's great! Since this thread is an annual pre-release discussion, if she releases after the 12th of September we have an excuse to create a Part 2! A truly iconic era

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

when i first saw the logo especially considering it’s for her merch shop i thot it looked like a fun surf shop logo, like remember that yellow sailing shirt she had on her shop for ages?? i’m envisioning that kind of stuff, i’m not really a fan of comics so i prefer my idea but the strong guy did tag marvel & dc comics in his lana post

UbsOye5.png

If the album cover hasn’t been shot yet we ain’t getting this album in August. & this will be the era with the most videos since BTD/P we’re gonna have MAC, VB, FIILY, TGMBB, & possibly HIAB!

Imagine it comes out only on digital for like 2 months and then she announces a physical release :deadbanana:

8nl2OpX.png

Oh look here's the new tracklist:

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Mariner's Motherfucking Apartment Complex

Happiness is a Butterfly, you miserable fucks

Roses Bloom For You, Bitch

In your fucking car I'm a fucking star and I'm fucking burning the fuck through you

Fuck it, I love you

You don’t ever fucking have to fucking be fucking stronger than you fucking are, motherfucker

The Greatest (Motherfucker)

Cinnamon FFS

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it, so go fuck yourself

How the fuck to disappear

Venice Bitch

if she doesn't give us co-writing credits we need to sue

it's just the way i feel

i love this and im happy we are getting this...but if she really is gonna do a 50s theme with surfers and muscle beach and bright colors and cartoon whatever the fuck. thats very un-cohesive from what we got with mac and vb. this album is gonna feel weird as there rly is no set theme or direction. at first i really just felt like this album was serving a very laid back be one with nature anti-vaxx mom and their bottled air from mount everest teas. now we are getting this dolled up high produced concept? confusing but its better than nothing!