Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Where can I find HQ pics of the LA coast with the oil rigs? I love the industrial aesthetic of the video and want to add the northern lights for a desktop background.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Where is the merch available at?? Her merch store says it’s currently unavailable

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Where can I find HQ pics of the LA coast with the oil rigs? I love the industrial aesthetic of the video and want to add the northern lights for a desktop background.

Try searching Long Beach Terminal

Where is the merch available at?? Her merch store says it’s currently unavailable

The same shop they used for the pre-order

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Okay but wtf are those Billboard photos? She seriously looks like Dolores Umbridge's American cousin in the first one. And then the one where she's imitating the painting like a fucking tourist at the Louvre except even most tourists would draw the line at wearing a lacy dress with sneakers. 

I can't. It's traumatic. 

I'll bitch about the actual interview later. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

BEST NEW TRACK

“The Greatest”

The stakes have never been higher. In Lana Del Rey’s latest song “The Greatest,” an entire generation is burned out. The world is getting hotter. Hope is a dwindling resource. We don’t have much time left. Worst of all, the old highs aren’t hitting quite the same. “I want shit to feel just like it used to,” she sings with a quiver as a sad piano motif descends behind her. Lana’s songs have always sounded like lonely missives from the end of the world with a beachside view; the difference is now we’re watching the clock tick down alongside her. “If this is it,” she sings, “I had a ball.”

Like everything we’ve heard from upcoming album Norman Fucking Rockwell!, “The Greatest” is a kaleidoscope of classic-rock radio transmitted through Lana’s hushed, psychedelic lens. The drums roll in slow motion, the guitar solos are fuzzy, the piano is recorded so that you can feel the shag carpet beneath it. Instead of luxuriating in vintage textures, Lana is restless, eulogizing her listless youth while repeatedly incorporating the words “the culture is lit,” as if attempting to dance through the tears. Her new video pairs the ballad with “Fuck It I Love You,” an ode to California and self-destruction. The juxtaposition of the songs seems inevitable; her dreams of escape always lead to the same place.

Like a long, dramatic shot of a drifter leaving the scene, “The Greatest” fades with a list of rhyming epitaphs that build to a stunner of a coda: “L.A.’s in flames, it’s getting hot/Kanye West is blonde and gone/‘Life on Mars’ ain’t just a song,” she sings before snapping back to the current moment: “Oh, the live stream’s almost on.” It’s a playful, graceful way to voice a common feeling of helplessness and overstimulation. And if she sounds more at peace than the rest of us, it’s because she’s been here a while, waiting for us to catch up before it’s too late.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/the-greatest/

The acclaim is starting to pour in. And this is just the beginning,

tenor.gif

BEST NEW TRACK

“The Greatest”

The stakes have never been higher. In [/size]Lana Del Rey’s latest song “The Greatest,” an entire generation is burned out. The world is getting hotter. Hope is a dwindling resource. We don’t have much time left. Worst of all, the old highs aren’t hitting quite the same. “I want shit to feel just like it used to,” she sings with a quiver as a sad piano motif descends behind her. Lana’s songs have always sounded like lonely missives from the end of the world with a beachside view; the difference is now we’re watching the clock tick down alongside her. “If this is it,” she sings, “I had a ball.”[/size]

Like everything we’ve heard from upcoming album [/size]Norman Fucking Rockwell!, “The Greatest” is a kaleidoscope of classic-rock radio transmitted through Lana’s hushed, psychedelic lens. The drums roll in slow motion, the guitar solos are fuzzy, the piano is recorded so that you can feel the shag carpet beneath it. Instead of luxuriating in vintage textures, Lana is restless, eulogizing her listless youth while repeatedly incorporating the words “the culture is lit,” as if [/size]attempting to dance through the tears. Her new video pairs the ballad with “Fuck It I Love You,” an ode to California and self-destruction. The juxtaposition of the songs seems inevitable; her dreams of escape always lead to the same place.[/size]

Like a long, dramatic shot of a drifter leaving the scene, “The Greatest” fades with a list of rhyming epitaphs that build to a stunner of a coda: “L.A.’s in flames, it’s getting hot/Kanye West is blonde and gone/‘Life on Mars’ ain’t just a song,” she sings before snapping back to the current moment: “Oh, the live stream’s almost on.” It’s a playful, graceful way to voice a common feeling of helplessness and overstimulation. And if she sounds more at peace than the rest of us, it’s because she’s been here a while, waiting for us to catch up before it’s too late.[/size]

tenor.gif

Holy shit they’re right. They’re gonna finally love her all over the media and we’re gonna see our queen actually get recognized for her work. It’s about time

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

BEST NEW TRACK

“The Greatest”

The stakes have never been higher. In Lana Del Rey’s latest song “The Greatest,” an entire generation is burned out. The world is getting hotter. Hope is a dwindling resource. We don’t have much time left. Worst of all, the old highs aren’t hitting quite the same. “I want shit to feel just like it used to,” she sings with a quiver as a sad piano motif descends behind her. Lana’s songs have always sounded like lonely missives from the end of the world with a beachside view; the difference is now we’re watching the clock tick down alongside her. “If this is it,” she sings, “I had a ball.”

Like everything we’ve heard from upcoming album Norman Fucking Rockwell!, “The Greatest” is a kaleidoscope of classic-rock radio transmitted through Lana’s hushed, psychedelic lens. The drums roll in slow motion, the guitar solos are fuzzy, the piano is recorded so that you can feel the shag carpet beneath it. Instead of luxuriating in vintage textures, Lana is restless, eulogizing her listless youth while repeatedly incorporating the words “the culture is lit,” as if attempting to dance through the tears. Her new video pairs the ballad with “Fuck It I Love You,” an ode to California and self-destruction. The juxtaposition of the songs seems inevitable; her dreams of escape always lead to the same place.

Like a long, dramatic shot of a drifter leaving the scene, “The Greatest” fades with a list of rhyming epitaphs that build to a stunner of a coda: “L.A.’s in flames, it’s getting hot/Kanye West is blonde and gone/‘Life on Mars’ ain’t just a song,” she sings before snapping back to the current moment: “Oh, the live stream’s almost on.” It’s a playful, graceful way to voice a common feeling of helplessness and overstimulation. And if she sounds more at peace than the rest of us, it’s because she’s been here a while, waiting for us to catch up before it’s too late.

tenor.gif

It’s what she deserves tbh. 90 on Metacritic is coming.

giphy.gif

Let's fucking manifest it guys

Grammy fucking winner

Grammy fucking winner 

Grammy fucking winner

Grammy fucking winner

90 on metacritic

90 on metacritic

90 on metacritic 

a5ec05e1edee09551ac34234118ad261.gif

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Okay but wtf are those Billboard photos? She seriously looks like Dolores Umbridge's American cousin in the first one. And then the one where she's imitating the painting like a fucking tourist at the Louvre except even most tourists would draw the line at wearing a lacy dress with sneakers. 

I can't. It's traumatic. 

I'll bitch about the actual interview later. 

she is so heavenly in those pictures what

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

So I am in love with the new music video(s), I don't know if it's been mentioned but is The Greatest video a homage to Video Games? Like she's singing in an old bar, playing pool and wild darts? Also whilst she's playing pool they focus on the lucky 8 ball, it's been 8 years since she debuted with Video Games.

Also, since the new merch has been released does this confirm that poppies are the flower for this era? The majority of the merch has the red flower pattern and the headscarf refers to it as "poppies"?

So I am in love with the new music video(s), I don't know if it's been mentioned but is The Greatest video a homage to Video Games? Like she's singing in an old bar, playing pool and wild darts? Also whilst she's playing pool they focus on the lucky 8 ball, it's been 8 years since she debuted with Video Games.

Also, since the new merch has been released does this confirm that poppies are the flower for this era? The majority of the merch has the red flower pattern and the headscarf refers to it as "poppies"?

Honestly yeah. The most carefree flower there is to represent this era..perfect

Also, side note: why the fuck is her youtube channel still on that Doin' time branding lmao, change it with the album cover sis

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Also, side note: why the fuck is her youtube channel still on that Doin' time branding lmao, change it with the album cover sis

Which makes sense if she’s singing about heroin

giphy.gif

i love this woman so much and i'm so proud of her, she deserves all the recognition in the world, she worked so hard for this and even though sometimes i'd make fun of her for clowning us i've never been happier for her for finally releasing the music she always wanted to  :heart:

Wait, what's up with the poppies? Her merch is not flower themed at all or am I wrong? I'm a little behind

Stripped of my own life