Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

cinnamon overrated and y'all only like it cause it's the most pop-sounding track we've heard off NFR and without a pop track you'd die

Um no sweetie, it's not even that pop-ish. It's vibrant, classy, sexy and very atmospherical. It's a song you can slowly strip to, not twerk to. A million times better than any of her folk stuff. It reminds me of Trash Magic.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Honestly these two new songs are more folk than country...

Also Cinnamon is a sensual, fiery, melancholic masterpiece. Feels like a natural continuation and maturation of Honeymoon-era songs, mixed with a lil bit of the rock // RHCP vibe we heard in Venice Bitch. NO slander will be allowed.

Honestly these two new songs are more folk than country...

? I think of them as more country than folk, but could you explain why you think the opposite? I'm just curious.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The fact that I had to read through almost two pages of slandering someone y'all don't even know only proves to me that some of y'all really should go outside more. Some of y'all are just plain jealous lmao (I am too, though, but still). 

But sure, have your assumption-based opinions and stay pressed. If he's really that mean towards other fans, is he really worth it to talk about so much?

ANYWAY. Today's a good day. The temperature is 12ºC, cloudy, but dry. 

The fact that I had to read through almost two pages of slandering someone y'all don't even know only proves to me that some of y'all really should go outside more. Some of y'all are just plain jealous lmao (I am too, though, but still). 

But sure, have your assumption-based opinions and stay pressed. If he's really that mean towards other fans, is he really worth it to talk about so much?

ANYWAY. Today's a good day. The temperature is 12ºC, cloudy, but dry. 

I'm glad you've said this, because I can still now feel myself getting irrationally jealous and I do need to calm down.

I have only had the opportunity to see Lana once in the 5-6 years I have been stanning, and I wasn't able to get to the barricade for other reasons. It's not anyone's fault, but it was really bittersweet for me seeing Lana by the barricade talking to other fans. I was really happy for the people there meeting her for the first time, but so devastated I couldn't be there too. I can only imagine what it must be like to have put so much into stanning her, making all that effort getting to the barricade in an effort to meet Lana, and then her ignore you and meet someone she has met 20 times before. 

I'm not blaming anyone - I can understand Lana probably feels she should see the same people again because they go to a lot of shows, and might feel awkward not seeing them. And as someone else said, it is probably quite calming for her to see familiar faces when she is performing. And if I could, I would fly and attend multiple shows, but I don't have the money, time, or confidence to fly. Of course, that does not excuse his behaviour towards other stans.

I am kind of annoyed at myself for getting worked up over something which is understandable from both sides. But I can still understand why I am annoyed to, just because I haven't yet had the opportunity myself!

Anyway, thank you @ivy, you have put it into perspective!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

The only hip-hop artists Lana may collab with are Cocorosie, Eminem & Nicki Minaj (if she's experimental).

cinnamon overrated and y'all only like it cause it's the most pop-sounding track we've heard off NFR and without a pop track you'd die

Actually it's the other way around for me. I loved it when I heard the ballad-ey verses but after hearing that pop synth in the chorus, I don't like it all that much.

i dont think ill like HTD, but since shes been serving several bops so ill give it a chance

I bet after Jack adds some beats to it, you'll live it. :hooker:

Lana: here‘s my country album i recorded with Dolly Parton

Lana: here‘s my next hip hop inspired album i recorded it with mike will made it and it features 6 songs i did with rocky

Lana: my follow up album to that is me covering songs by edith piaf, it‘s produced by mark ronson

some of y‘all: guys i really think lana‘s last three albums have been in the vein of folk :/

i76mrxw.png 

Wow, it really was a whole journey to read through only 2 pages lol. Had a lot of good laughs too, y'all are funny so thanks for that LB

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

? I think of them as more country than folk, but could you explain why you think the opposite? I'm just curious.

I haven't listened to them yet but the title of that one song made me think right away of the Patsy Cline song Crazy, "Crazy For Feeling So Lonely", Patsy Cline is also classed as country I think yet nowadays she probably wouldn't be as it's a more old and simple sound compared to what people think of Country now.

So... she teased HIaB on March 29 this year and we are supposedly getting NFR on March 29 next year... Talk about being concept. 

she ain't got no fuckin concept she just gets lucky

I'm proud to announce that I haven't listened to the Cinnamon snippets in over a month. I don't want to get bored of them because it's my favorite. :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Actually it's the other way around for me. I loved it when I heard the ballad-ey verses but after hearing that pop synth in the chorus, I don't like it all that much.

The use of synths (and the way Lana uses them) are much older than the current definition of pop musiqué

You have synthesizers...

And synthesizers…

(Both amazing songs)

@@PARADIXO I love S&M by Rihanna!

The synths right after the post-chorus (Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah // Hold me, love me, touch me, honey // Be the first who ever did // Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah) in Cinnamon remind me soooo terribly of some another song I just can't put a finger on it... Like exactly the same!