Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I have to laugh. That's how her vocals sound like. Her raw vocals, without modifications. Jack said she sounded exactly like the studio version when they recorded HIADT.

I've also been kind of weirded out by the criticism of her vocals. This is the purest she's been on a studio record to this extent. 

It’s literally confirmed Cinnamon features Future , so why do u guys keep saying it doesn’t have collabs

as in...vocals or production?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I have to laugh. That's how her vocals sound like. Her raw vocals, without modifications. Jack said she sounded exactly like the studio version when they recorded HIADT.

but raw vocals ain’t what i want on a studio produced track....

stop acting like proper mastering is some new mysterious kind of thing.

i76mrxw.png 

... Am I the only one that thinks that the mixing of her voice in all of these songs is terrible, even worse than in LFL? I'm not expecting a robotic speech drowned in autotune,  but her vocals just sound so... disastrous  :noparty:

The snippets she shares sound awful because the songs are playing on a different device. That’s really why. The actual released songs themself sound a million times better

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Not every singer need to have their vocals processed to sound good. If that's what you like, listen to Selena Gomez, not Lana Del Rey. I don't see why they would touch her vocals if she sounds perfect.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It’s literally confirmed Cinnamon features Future , so why do u guys keep saying it doesn’t have collabs

Uhhh wait. Receipts?!?!?! This is news to me I mean I never heard of this or even that they were friends.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The snippets she shares sound awful because the songs are playing on a different device. That’s really why. The actual released songs themself sound a million times better

This. 

HIADT sounded much more vibrant when it was released for streaming compared to what we'd heard.

(Also, that makes me stoked for Cinnamon because jesus, that sounded lovely in lower quality.)

mte

the "yeah ive cried" line makes my ears bleed

and the piano randomly gets louder on the right track in the last chorus and some other instances which makes the song unlistenable to me

image.png

Seriously I invested in some really high quality headphones recently and I think some of you could use some too.

giphy.gif

this. Does it sound good only when the vocals are totally raw? No. They work for months on a single song and can't produce the vocals... it only sounds like laziness to me.

Seriously I invested in some really high quality headphones recently and I think some of you could use some too.

are u pretending a 320 kbps mp3 file sounds better on ur headphones nsnsnsnsns

image.png

i bet the album cover was taken at the same time as the HIAB video. she's wearing white and theres cars all around her, i dont doubt it

She did say she wants to reshoot the cover so I guess we’ll see lol it could be or it could be something completely different

giphy.gif