Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana stop putting piano into every song challenge 

It seems that all songs from NFR were first composed via piano or guitar... Then they added the rest of the production. So, the base of the melody is either piano or guitar and I think we will hear them on all the songs...

Bitch, don’t even comment on the production/mix when all we’ve gotten are clips recorded through her phone. You literally cannot judge any kind of mixing like that, so don’t be ignorant now.

I'm talking about the notes that don't match up, that are overlapping eachother..... it has nothing to do with a phone. If you've listened to like, any music in your life properly, you would know.  :flutter:  :teehee:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

one thing that i think is really important for this era, regardless of whether or not you guys agree nfr is gonna be her best album, or even what album you guys think is her best, this is definitely shaping up to be her most acclaimed album and in all honesty? it's what she's deserves her entire career. she's finally getting the acclaim she truly deserves for her song writing and vocals. i think she's finally gotten to the point where she's balanced her true, authentic self and vulnerable with quality at the forefront.

i'm sure the album in it's entirety is going to great and i'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of universal acclaim. and i'm so happy for her.

And therefore will flop. These songs are okay but don't have a very well structured melody. In the end they all kind of end up sounding the same.

who cares? the art is more important.

I don't understand why is she so chaotic with the album release of her last 2 records (LFL and NFR).

I really think that she did best with the album promotion of Honeymoon. She dropped the first single on August 12 and released the whole album on Sep 16, with two promotional singles between the dates.

LFL was dragging 5 months, with instagram-snippets-turned-into-singles-in-front-of-us (Coahcella), the album sounded all over the place. I missed the frame in which Honeymoon was promoted and released.

NFR was announced in September and will probably come out in march/april. Which makes 6 months between what we heard first from the album and the actual album. 

What awaits us next? 12 months gap between the first single and the album release?

Don't jinx LDR7

This whole thing is just so messy, it does not help that she literally tells us nothing about what's going on or when she plans to release anything

Messy can be fun

I think she low-key knows our complaints about LFL: too many collabs, scrapping stuff and adding other stuff; and so I think she knows not to make these mistakes again, maybe that's why she posts multiple snippets of the same songs, to reassure us that she's not throwing anything away

Or maybe not lol 

agreed

giphy.gif

the dramatics in here  :lmao: MAC and VB are amazing and Hope is really solid too. ALL ARE ON THE ALBUM... how do yall even press the post button saying "why is everything piano ballads" when literally ONE song is. HTD final version most likely has beats, HIAB is not a ballad even tho it has piano and the rest of the snippets are simply not "piano ballads". MAC and VB (2/3 of the songs we've gotten) perfectly fit the psychadelic surf wavey vibe she described and from the sound it, Cinnamon has some psychedelic influences too. As Jack stated on twitter, Hope was recorded the first day they went to the studio together, before they developed that pyschedelic surf sound. Lana only put out MAC and VB when she did bc she felt fans would love to utilize them as end-of-summer tracks to drive around and vibe out to. It's really not that complicated.

With its too long title and lo-res selfie cover art, Lana Del Rey’s newest track, ‘hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but i have it’ is a world away from the glossy pop of her early years. The third single from her upcoming Jack Antonoff-produced sixth album ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’, it serves up poetic lyricism over a sparse, slow piano, following on sonically from previously released album tracks ‘Venice Bitch’ and ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ in its dream-like production and sparse instrumental.

Lyrically though, there’s still plenty of the melodrama and name-dropping of culture icons that Lana’s become known for. “I’ve been tearing around in my fucking nightgown / 24/7 Sylvia Plath, writing in blood on the walls,” she sings on the songs chorus, which might just be the most Lana Del Rey lyric Lana Del Rey has ever written. It’s also the strongest release we’ve heard from the new album yet.

http://diymag.com/2019/01/11/tracks-radiohead-lana-del-rey-stella-donnelly-more

I wouldn't go that far but get that acclaim I guess  :awkney: