Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

First of all, Complex explicitly stated that the press release from Lana’s team said all three songs we have are from the album...just not official singles.

Secondly, the snippet shows up on Shazam as “Happiness is a Butterfly” so its a different track from NFR.

Thirdly, I was also expecting more psych rock influence after those early interviews, but we don’t know what the other songs will sound like and those we have snippets for may change like VB. Jack is known for switching up production mid-song.

Also, what is the pic that shows up on Shazam? I haven’t seen it

Some thoughts about Norman Fucking Rockwell...

I don't think the era has been messy at all - Lana stated from the first release that the album wouldn't come til 2019. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing... seems to mark the beginning of the campaign with another single coming soon, I imagine.

Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch will be on the record (the critical acclaim). They reference each other as well as the album title, Venice Bitch was also supposed to be the lead single.

I think that Happiness Is A Butterfly is going to be released as the next single (potentially marketed as the lead single?) and that's why it's been teased the most and was captioned as Norman Fucking Rockwell; almost like an introduction to the campaign - plus she has a music video to release for it. I don't believe it's been retitled or is the title track.

I believe the album will be released March 29th, Lana confirmed it was coming in early 2019 and she liked the tweet that confirmed March 29th.

I really like the cohesion of the record thus far; we'll have 11 songs minimum, however she was still recording in December (as well as scrapping the country songs) so I'm expecting more - meaning there'll likely be more experimentation and varied production. It's wrong to assume the album will all be piano ballads; I predict 3 at most.

I don't think the era has been messy at all - Lana stated from the first release that the album wouldn't come til 2019. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing... seems to mark the beginning of the campaign with another single coming soon, I imagine.

Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch will be on the record (the critical acclaim). They reference each other as well as the album title, Venice Bitch was also supposed to be the lead single.

I think that Happiness Is A Butterfly is going to be released as the next single (potentially marketed as the lead single?) and that's why it's been teased the most and was captioned as Norman Fucking Rockwell; almost like an introduction to the campaign - plus she has a music video to release for it. I don't believe it's been retitled or is the title track.

I believe the album will be released March 29th, Lana confirmed it was coming in early 2019 and she liked the tweet that confirmed March 29th.

I really like the cohesion of the record thus far; we'll have 11 songs minimum, however she was still recording in December (as well as scrapping the country songs) so I'm expecting more - meaning there'll likely be more experimentation and varied production. It's wrong to assume the album will all be piano ballads; I predict 3 at most.

I don't think that it every song gonna be a piano ballad tbh, but I do think that we're going to hear the piano on the whole album

NarrowPessimisticBaiji-small.gif

The voice of reason, as always!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I swear to god, if I hear one more piano centered track other than what we have so far.....

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I’m just gonna say what we’re all truly feeling, which is we are damn well glad the “black” thing didn’t make mainstream media, didn’t reach kanye or azealia and lana got her 2 cents in without it blowing up whilst backhanding the dickhead stans.

Wig, truly an era of change. If this were five years ago she’d be murdered by the media.

Honeymoon was initially considered as an idea being titled Music to Watch Boys To in June 2014 and announced in January as Honeymoon with the first snippet happening 5 months later and full lyrics randomly appearing in the tour lyric book and then the song being posted to youtube randomly one day in July. Even before then, the first single (MTWBT) was being teased by its actors saying it was coming soon and then for sure coming in June yet we didn’t get it until September 30th when the single was released in the beginning of September. Then we get a Freak premiere that was entirely rehashed footage she never got to release. But I do think in terms of music release, it was solid. Had an amazing Urban Outfitters listening and was just fun overall.

Are there any articles/ posts/ radio interviews or whatever about Honeymoon being originally called Music To Watch Boys To? I wasn’t here at the time so I didn’t know it was gonna be called that way. Honeymoon is my favorite record so I would love to document myself about it’s original announcement.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I’m just gonna say what we’re all truly feeling, which is we are damn well glad the “black” thing didn’t make mainstream media, didn’t reach kanye or azealia and lana got her 2 cents in without it blowing up whilst backhanding the dickhead stans.

Wig, truly an era of change. If this were five years ago she’d be murdered by the media.

Right? I saw paper magazine had a shady title about her being racist but the article was actually in favor of Lana.

girl don't say that. HIAB sounds amazing

I don't know, I love the melody, the lyrics are cute but, there's something about those vocals girl... Idk if it's an effect, if it's because the vocals aren't lined up properly, but there's just something messy about it's production/mix. Once that gets fixed I'll be more inclined to like it

tenor.gif?itemid=10189664

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I don't know, I love the melody, the lyrics are cute but, there's something about those vocals girl... Idk if it's an effect, if it's because the vocals aren't lined up properly, but there's just something messy about it's production/mix. Once that gets fixed I'll be more inclined to like it

tenor.gif?itemid=10189664

Bitch, don’t even comment on the production/mix when all we’ve gotten are clips recorded through her phone. You literally cannot judge any kind of mixing like that, so don’t be ignorant now.

Right? I saw paper magazine had a shady title about her being racist but the article was actually in favor of Lana.

i saw like one vice article about it and though "vice means one of two things - they're on the shitstorm early cause they're very sjw OR no one but vice is gonna pick up on it because vice talks shit".

glad we, as a standom, came out unscathed