Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

now people are complaining that these songs either sound all the same or don’t sound the same at all. Pls listen to these lyrics and the piano driven instrumentals on each of these songs. it’s so cohesive in lyrics and instrumentals. it’s soft in a sense with a tone of humbility. if you want an album that’s different for each song go stream LFL. this album is very cohesive so far. and ALSO, So what if it’s simple with isntrumentals? last album she experimented A LOT.

This. Even if the singles so far don't even end up on NFR, all of the songs are [Lana voice] sonically very cohesive. Her partnership with Jack has resulted in some of her best work so far, IMO. Lyrics and melody of HIAB are next fucking level. 

Some people are saying no but actually, yes.

jk we don't know but it doesn't matter

It does matter because if that’s the case, then we know less than we think. That opens up another nameless track we know nothing about (not even the name for the 11-13 tracklist)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This. Even if the singles so far don't even end up on NFR, all of the songs are [Lana voice] sonically very cohesive. Her partnership with Jack has resulted in some of her best work so far, IMO. Lyrics and melody of HIAB are next fucking level. 

now sis

It does matter because if that’s the case, then we know less than we think. That opens up another nameless track we know nothing about (not even the name for the 11-13 tracklist)

if HIAB is NFR then that means we only know NFR, MAC, VB, IYC, HTD, HIATD and Cinnamon leaving 5 unknown tracks.

giphy.gif

I'm so confused. There are two things it could be:

1) HIAB is now renamed Norman Fucking Rockwell - which I don't believe.

2) HIAB is the lead single from Norman Fucking Rockwell - which I also don't believe (b/c she put out a snippet almost a year ago - why make that the lead single)

Although HIAB feels older to this small community - but to the general public, no one has ever heard it. So, actually HIAB could very well be the lead single. 

And yet...Cinnamon and this In Your Car song are far superior. But LDR has a history of not choosing the best songs as singles. I think artists are too close to their work and need someone to say "No, this is it"

... Am I the only one that thinks that the mixing of her voice in all of these songs is terrible, even worse than in LFL? I'm not expecting a robotic speech drowned in autotune,  but her vocals just sound so... disastrous  :noparty:

After watching the HIAB teaser I'm almost sure that MAC and VB won't be on the album lmao the meltdown will be real  :runs:

What does it matter if they are on the album or not? Why are people freaking out about that? They are avail to download, they've been released, they've gotten press.

It's not like Serial Killer where we have to play it on Youtube :/

EDIT: bolded the words I added because I wasn't specific

We know Cinnamon has a banger production. We know HTD only sounded like a piano ballad performed at the Apple event, but has a more extensive production as heard in her Insta story. MAC and VB on the album with their rock-tinged vibes. Cinnamon + HTD with some hip-hop/bop elements. HIADT and HIAB with their low-key ballads. That's only half of an album heard, sweeties. It's possible that this can all fall into place as something with a very dynamic soundscape across the record, with a cohesiveness found in Lana's lyricism and vocal emoting. 

I don't know why everybody thinks this is going to be an album full of piano ballads.

giphy.gif

We know Cinnamon has a banger production. We know HTD only sounded like a ballad performed at the Apple event, but has a more extensive production as heard in her Insta story. MAC and VB on the album with their rock-tinged vibes. Cinnamon + HTD with some hip-hop/bop elements. HIADT and HIAB with their low-key ballads. That's only half of an album heard, sweeties. It's possible that this can all fall into place as something with a very dynamic soundscape across the record, with a cohesiveness found in Lana's lyricism and vocal emoting. 

I don't know why everybody thinks this is going to be an album full of ballads.

giphy.gif

relistening to MELODRAMA right now and Green light is HEAVY with piano and i remember the first snippet and it sounded unpleasant but overall it turned out to be a fucking BOP.

giphy.gif

... Am I the only one that thinks that the mixing of her voice in all of these songs is terrible, even worse than in LFL? I'm not expecting a robotic speech drowned in autotune, but her vocals just sound so... disastrous :noparty:

I have to laugh. That's how her vocals sound like. Her raw vocals, without modifications. Jack said she sounded exactly like the studio version when they recorded HIADT.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm getting worried for this album I think I've heard all the piano ballads I can take from her, I can't stand anymore it's getting really stagnant.  I'm just praying that the red hot chili pepper and surf rock laurel canyon vibes won't be lost on this record and are actually a thing. VB was such a gift   :defeated:

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7