Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

Also September 29th is the day Lili Reinhart’s poetry book comes out. My deliveries are going to be heavy that day. So exciting!

Halsey is releasing her poetry book in Sept too. Amazon has the preorders already.

apparently mariah carey's book comes out that day too

These girls are killing it in the book world.

Simon and Schuster better make a good roll out for this book. They are already promoting Halsey's poetry book with the book's own website. It's the same company publishing Lana's book.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/I-Would-Leave-Me-If-I-Could/Halsey/9781982135607

Here's the iTunes pre-order for the virtual e-Book copy of the poetry book.

Also, here's the description for the e-Book that reveals a few more poem titles:

THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT BOOK OF POETRY FROM LANA DEL REY, VIOLET BENT BACKWARDS OVER THE GRASS

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.” —Lana Del Rey

Lana’s breathtaking first book solidifies her further as “the essential writer of her times” (The Atlantic). The collection features more than thirty poems, many exclusive to the book: Never to Heaven, The Land of 1,000 Fires, Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving, LA Who Am I to Love You?, Tessa DiPietro, Happy, Paradise Is Very Fragile, Bare Feet on Linoleum, and many more. This beautiful hardcover edition showcases Lana’s typewritten manuscript pages alongside her original photography. The result is an extraordinary poetic landscape that reflects the unguarded spirit of its creator.

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass is also brought to life in an unprecedented spoken word audiobook which features Lana Del Rey reading fourteen select poems from the book accompanied by music from Grammy Award–winning musician Jack Antonoff.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

wait so will there be a physical copy around too or no...?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

wait so will there be a physical copy around too or no...?

Yes! I just posted this in the digital thread so here it is again incase it gets missed . . 

--

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass is a book, which is going to have two releases. The accompanying record is going to be spoken extracts from the book - the important distinction is you should consider this an audio book and not a spoken word album.

The first release is an abridged audio-book version, which contains 14 selected poems read by Lana, with music accompanied by Jack. It's coming out digitally on 28 July 2020, and will run at 33 minutes long. Vinyl and CD has just been announced and will be released 2 October 2020.

Pre-order the audio book here.

Pre-order the physical CD/vinyl here.

The second release is a physical, hardcopy version of the book. It contains 30 poems, many of which are "exclusive to the book". It's coming out 29 September 2020, and is 112 pages long. In addition as per the publisher note:

"This beautiful hardcover edition showcases Lana’s typewritten manuscript pages alongside her original photography. The result is an extraordinary poetic landscape that reflects the unguarded spirit of its creator."

Pre-order the digital/Kindle edition.

Pre-order the physical edition.

3lfQEhw.png

Never to Heaven, The Land of 1,000 Fires, Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving, LA Who Am I to Love You?, Tessa DiPietro, Happy, Paradise Is Very Fragile, Bare Feet on Linoleum, and many more.

What if Never to Heaven is a reworked Yes to Heaven

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I just preordered from book depository cuz its the cheapest site i found and shipping is free, hope its not a scam site

oh ive ordered from them numerous times! i think theyre owned by amazon, no need to worry

image.png

It was a joke

I know, I was joking too.
I really wonder how it’d look under a paper wrap cover, it would be so pretty covered in a olive green fabric with golden letters. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png