Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

Won't the release of the book be pretty underwhelming once we've already heard the poems in audio quality with lush instrumentals 2 months prior

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Wait so… the book will contain 112 pages, assuming it’ll be illustrated there’s still like 50 pages left. Even her longest poems are max one page long right? So the audiobook will contain around 50 tracks?

i doubt fifty tracks. i have a feeling it will be a mix of very small and very long poems, knowing that lana is a massive fan of whitman and american epics (classic american poems that are almost as long as books/novellas)

But the most important question is yet to be answered: is there a vynil of the audiobook and what's the vynil colour:oprah3:

Green, orange or yellow to match the cover art? :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i have a feeling the audio book wont have every single poem in the hard cover?

idk

can 112 pages be translated into only 30 minutes?

consider some of her poems she’s already released are only like half a page long, some were like four sentences if i remmeber? like the one where said said my love making is my legacy.

EDIT - example http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/11501-a-haiku/

Here's the description for the audiobook, but it has good insights as to what the physical book will contain as well:

“'Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass' is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.” (Lana Del Rey) 

Lana Del Rey brings her breathtaking poetry to life in an unprecedented audiobook. In this stunning spoken word performance, Lana Del Rey reads 14 poems from her debut book Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass accompanied by music from Grammy Award-winning musician Jack Antonoff. Lana’s debut book solidifies her further as “the essential writer of her times” (The Atlantic). This audiobook features Lana reading select poems from the book, including "LA Who Am I to Love You?", "The Land of 1,000 Fires", "Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving", "Never to Heaven", "Tessa DiPietro", "Happy", and several others. The result is an extraordinary poetic landscape that reflects the unguarded spirit of its creator. 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Here's the description for the audiobook, but it has good insights as to what the physical book will contain as well:

“'Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass' is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.” (Lana Del Rey)

Lana Del Rey brings her breathtaking poetry to life in an unprecedented audiobook. In this stunning spoken word performance, Lana Del Rey reads 14 poems from her debut book Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass accompanied by music from Grammy Award-winning musician Jack Antonoff. Lana’s debut book solidifies her further as “the essential writer of her times” (The Atlantic). This audiobook features Lana reading select poems from the book, including "LA Who Am I to Love You?", "The Land of 1,000 Fires", "Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving", "Never to Heaven", "Tessa DiPietro", "Happy", and several others. The result is an extraordinary poetic landscape that reflects the unguarded spirit of its creator.

Be still my heart. I’m not ready.

European pals, any feedback from BookDepository and Amazon UK/ES on releases? I don't want to order from my country because last time (pre-COVID) I had to wait over a month for a pre-order and it sucked.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

European pals, any feedback from BookDepository and Amazon UK/ES on releases? I don't want to order from my country because last time (pre-COVID) I had to wait over a month for a pre-order and it sucked.

Me too! I don't want to order anything from Lana's official store. I went through hell to get my shirts. Not again. Amazon, Barnes and Noble or nothing.

just pre-ordered the book (the full thing w 100+ pages) from itunes! good to know that the entirety of it will be available digitally, in addition to the digital audiobook and physical book. we're getting fed

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF