Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Can’t believe it’s been 3 years since I bought cinnamon sticks to shove into my car’s grille…

72235918-73-F5-411-D-9670-21-DDE26-DAD2-

Spoiler

Yes I realize how insane that is, But being that obsessed with cinnamon & trying to make damn sure it made the track list for an album that seemed like it would never come.

So tried using my car’s “clout” on the internet to convince Lana to #RELEASECINNAMON

:ohmy:

EDIT:

Found the picture of her taillights…

372512-EA-62-DE-43-D5-A5-B6-166-C78-B650

IMG-3521.jpg

Happy 3rd birthday to my forever favorite Lana album <3 <3 This album is so special to me on a personal level, but also just on a music level. The whole summer of this era was absolutely iconic, and the songs are just next level :heart:

imageproxy.jpg

43 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

A beautiful summer roadtrip album. Even if you hate it, you have to love that it finally earned Lana the critical respect she'd been looking for ever since B2D.

im sorry but hating the best album of all time? sounds like worms for brains to me... 

10 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

happy birthday norman!!! thank you for blessing us with the absolute masterpiece that is venice bitch! took me a time to fully appreciate you entirely but here we are 3 years later

such an easy listen, cool and flowy as a breeze

shoutout to my favs venice bitch, mac, bartender, fiily, the greatest, hope, doin' time :heart:

nfr is when i started to fall back into lana and become a hardcore fan. forever greatful for this era !!

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

i will be forever in love with this album!! her only album accurately praised by the public <3 :trisha: and like a few others here, i'm also so thankful to nfr for bringing me back into the fold after i completely ignored lust for life's existence, my bad :trisha: 

mUENGN9.png

10 hours ago, takemetothegasstation said:

A beautiful summer roadtrip album. Even if you hate it, you have to love that it finally earned Lana the critical respect she'd been looking for ever since B2D.

I dont hate it, yet Im not its biggest fan either. I absolutely appreciate what it represents in Lana's career for the reasons you explained here, though.

She finally got recognised as the legend she is after releasing NFR and for that I'm grateful to that album, even if I dont share the adoration most of the people seem to profess towards it.

September is here…

and God, Mariners and Venice hit so much more differently on that month. They truly are two of her best songs ever. I’m falling in love again with them (not that I fell out of love, maybe just even deeper?)

Idk what happened but NFR started to age for me this year. It was my #1, then I realized that I can listen to Ultra any time but NFR works only during summer and September. It's the perfect time for NFR right now but I'm not coming back to it as often as before so it looks like Paradise will be my #2 soon. :/
There's kinda not enough drama on that album. So that explains why straights love it so much. Looks like I want more of I don't wanna liiiive and He hit me and it felt like a kiss. :flop:

58 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Idk what happened but NFR started to age for me this year. It was my #1, then I realized that I can listen to Ultra any time but NFR works only during summer and September. It's the perfect time for NFR right now but I'm not coming back to it as often as before so it looks like Paradise will be my #2 soon. :/
There's kinda not enough drama on that album. So that explains why straights love it so much. Looks like I want more of I don't wanna liiiive and He hit me and it felt like a kiss. :flop:

I've noticed this too lately. Only songs I've been returning to on a daily basis are How to Disappear (which I didn't even like when the album first came out :toofloppy:) and FIILY.

I'm still holding out hope she'll move to another kind of production. I don't care if it's rock, country, jazz or something with synths, i just need something DIFFERENT....:hide:

Of every era I've been apart of, 2018/2019 NFR era had to have been the best. I miss it so much... yeah it was a lot of waiting, but the wait was worth it and it was just surrounded by so much fun throughout in my personal life and online one too... I hope to someday get an ounce of that kind of Era again. but maybe its just bc im growing up it doesnt feel the same idk 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

13 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Of every era I've been apart of, 2018/2019 NFR era had to have been the best. I miss it so much... yeah it was a lot of waiting, but the wait was worth it and it was just surrounded by so much fun throughout in my personal life and online one too... I hope to someday get an ounce of that kind of Era again. but maybe its just bc im growing up it doesnt feel the same idk 

I understand your point! It could be due to growing up. I think my favorite era was BTD/Paradise, and I was also super young (13!), but you're making me rethink that! I joined LB in 2017 but I decided to participate in it during the NFR Pre-release era and I had so much fun! I wasn't commenting a lot but I was always on the site and I used to laugh so hard reading everyone and I enjoyed the wait so much. It was super frustrating while it was happening, but looking back, it was amazing! Everything felt different than now. I wish I had been a part of the COCC and BB pre-release threads lol. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

30 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

I understand your point! It could be due to growing up. I think my favorite era was BTD/Paradise, and I was also super young (13!), but you're making me rethink that! I joined LB in 2017 but I decided to participate in it during the NFR Pre-release era and I had so much fun! I wasn't commenting a lot but I was always on the site and I used to laugh so hard reading everyone and I enjoyed the wait so much. It was super frustrating while it was happening, but looking back, it was amazing! Everything felt different than now. I wish I had been a part of the COCC and BB pre-release threads lol. 

It was really such different vibes, everything NFR and before was its own unique fun... UV was weird since it was really diff to BTD and Paradise and then HM we didnt know how it would sound based on the previous stuff but it was also pretty fun in its own right... plus w all the leaks back then it was constantly something new to talk abt... LFL probably my 2nd fave from NFR just remembering all the craziness (wheres my GLITTERGATE Girls at..)  

But yeah, everyone here is so different to me it doesn't feel like the same site anymore but i understand why. I mean like I said, there was always something new or interesting to talk about, and now you get 100+ pages for the same small, tagged snippet of a random ass song that won't leak anytime soon anyway... but thats at least more interesting than what Lana is giving us now in terms of music and aesthetic. Anywaaaaaaaay I have hope for a return to form someday for Lana, I'll choose to believe this stuff she's doing now is just some sorta "i wanna be raw" phase.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

3 hours ago, zombie girl said:

it’s so funny watching people be nostalgic for past eras because i just remember all of them being shit shows tbh :rip: NFR was painful, the fact that she released MAC + VB and announced the album almost a full year before it came out and kept on posting tons of snippets the whole time but there would be months of no album news… makes me grateful she’s barely said or shared anything this time around

And she didn’t even bother to record proper music videos for either 💀💀💀.

NFR as an era was horrible. Especially if you’ve been a fan since BTD/P. She truly gave even less of a shit that era than she did during Honeymoon. Aesthetically it was also disappointing. The one thing Honeymoon had going on at least was the big set of beautiful graphics we got that era. The videos were recycled mostly but at least the photoshoots were gorgeous.

NFR didn’t have more than one proper music videos, barely any good photoshoots and the tour was a reduced version of the previous one with very few NFR songs added to the setlist. What exactly was there to be nostalgic about? 💀

27 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

NFR as an era was horrible. Especially if you’ve been a fan since BTD/P. She truly gave even less of a shit that era than she did during Honeymoon. Aesthetically it was also disappointing. The one thing Honeymoon had going on at least was the big set of beautiful graphics we got that era. The videos were recycled mostly but at least the photoshoots were gorgeous.

NFR didn’t have more than one proper music videos, barely any good photoshoots and the tour was a reduced version of the previous one with very few NFR songs added to the setlist. What exactly was there to be nostalgic about? 💀

Mostly agree but MAC/VB era was unmatched with their radio premieres, being shook by MAC and then VB being announced, the way she casually announced the album title…iconic behavior :oprah3: she did some things right though, like the surf pop up, The greatest/FIILY MV, etc

sgopYhV.gif

7 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

NFR as an era was horrible. Especially if you’ve been a fan since BTD/P. She truly gave even less of a shit that era than she did during Honeymoon. Aesthetically it was also disappointing. 

I also didn't really enjoy the NFR era, except the FIILY/TG mv. The visuals are so beautiful and really match the songs well. 

But the pre-release was just far too long. by the time the album was out I just wasn't hyped anymore.

What I also just don't like are the dancers on stage. I think her shows were better without them.

Also, the interviews weren't really that interesting because she talked about the exact same stuff in every-single-one. To be fair, she was also asked the same questions all the time "So tell us about working with Jack Antonoff" :eyeroll2: it was so amazing to be able to listen to that story about ten thousand times...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

14 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Personally, I felt nostalgic because it was my first time being part of Lanaboards! It felt amazing <3. I don't really like NFR that much, but I enjoyed being here and made the waiting less difficult because there was a place I could actually talk about her because of course I couldn't go and melt my friends' brains talking about Lana's upcoming album for like a full year. 

But yeah, BTD and Paradise were amazing and I'm actually a little bored now, but I can wait. It gets tiring, but idk! The interview made me feel like something great is coming.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey