Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It does! I didn’t know about it I was so surprised lol. I’m also getting the blue vinyl not sure if it’s gonna be exactly the same. It doesn’t ship til the 9th tho, they playin w me. 

Mailmen have A LOT of power imo lmao but yes!!! Ok I'm so glad, like, ok bc no bc I know that the checkered version's gonna be like an official release version, so it's like having both versions can't waaaaaait ah, treasure that, it'll probably a good collector's item. It's like getting a diff version of the record and I'm ecstatic rn 

UV/Honeymoon

All the faggots of lanaboards

Wearing clown dresses for their tea parties

Playing games in the pre release thread

Meditating in the post release one

And I love all the little games we play

In the pre release thread

And when at last the era's done, they lock the thread

Did she say in the livestream she has videos for every song? I swear she did but then I went back to find where she said it and I can’t be fucked watching the whole livestream again lol

Yes she said she wanted to make a video for each song. She wants the Love song video to be like a living Monet painting, and the triple video for NFR, Bartender and HIAB is coming in October!

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just caught up with everything that has been said on the livestream. I LOVED the NFR demo lyrics tumblr_inline_ogtbrfBdmW1szkflc_500.gif

If anyone actually thinks she will fulfill that promise of a music video for every song... :creep: I think by the time NFR - Bartender - HIAB comes out she will already be over it.

Y’all omg the triple video will be 20 minutes long which means we get 7 MORE MINUTES of scrapped & spliced video footage :legend:

The songs all together isn’t even 15 minutes :hooker:

Also, tbh the only other song I can see her doing a video for is Love Song. Then she’ll probably call it quits. Although I’d hope she’d do a video for hope as well. It bothers me it’s the one single which didn’t get a video.

Although that’d mean we’d have 10 videos & I find that very VERY hard to believe we’ll ever get from her :toofunny:

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Seems to me she teased the NFR mv wayyyy earlier than usual ... usually she teases mv's a week or so before release.

I fully expect her to tease the other two before the release in October.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I remember she said she wanted a quiet release for NFR, but I guess she changed her mind again LOL. I'm not mad tho, love all the incoming video's and songs <3. 

Ah...

So after 4 days of listening to only NFR here are sone of my thoughts:

• the album is good and I understand all the praise but it did not connect on personal lever with me so far

♤ my favorites: Bartender, NFR, Love song, California, MAComplex and Cinammon girl

♡ least favorite is The greatest

♢ though she has really great lyrics and some of her best... many songs have rather simple and totally uninspired lyrics which any schoolgirl can write

♧ I can see this album - like Honeymoon - being the one I play the most as it is relaxing as a whole. No stand out tracks on it as with other albums

☆ So many songs but NFR are so reniniscent of Fiona Apple and I like that.

Tori Amos is another one

would be good to know what Lana thinks of them

¤ I dont have fav lyric from this album yet

▪ Original Next BARecord is better but this one is by no means bad

i to je to!

I can't connect to it on a personal level either, and I assimilated it all very quickly, so it feels 'used up' already, whereas I can still listen to songs like 'Ride,' 'Old Money,' 'Terrence Loves You' and 'Summertime Sadness' and they feel fresh and full of 'underground currents' for lack of a better term.