Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Jack is nominated for producer of the year and is his first time in that category. 

When Greg Kurstin got nominated back in 2017, 25 won album of the year.

i was just referencing ROTY because of lanaboards complaints regarding the production of the album (some of which i agree with)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

This era is so confusing, what is even the main single? the music videos have been pretty cool but everything is a mess... what even were the mac and vb videos? Those poor songs didn't deserve that treatment, like when i think of each era the first thing i think of visually are the music videos, like BTD era's videos all matched perfectly, same with UV. Honeymoons visuals were a little messy but when i think of that era i usually go straight to the HM video for the overall visual aesthetic... even lust for life was pretty neat. Love, LFL and WM combined well together. But NFR? literally what the heck

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Can we all try to not speak negatively about other singers and artists, I’m not a fan of them but it bothers me to see of the words some of you are using. :/

Ok sorry. But go see some.live videos of Ariana..she just does this Ahhh oooo sounds. And not to forget she tried to convince people.she was a Latina...

But yes I agree. Sorry .

Honestly I don't feel like NFR is that deserving of a grammy either, I just want Lana to finally get one while she's still ahead :crying4:

this is how i feel

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Ok sorry. But go see some.live videos of Ariana..she just does this Ahhh oooo sounds. And not to forget she tried to convince people.she was a Latina...

But yes I agree. Sorry .

unlike lana del rey, who never tried to convince people she was latina and famously did NOT do chola makeup

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

It will definitely win. It's got such a good flow. I mean ..... the whole album is a MASTERPIECE. Timeless according to Elton John. Tnbar is >>>>>> all the other artists album alone. It's got such an atmosphere to it.

Literally the best songs from her career. Love Song is intimate af. And HTD hits the nostalgia. If Grammy Academy doesnt recognize it then they're tone deaf and playing to the whims and fancies of the public .

It will definitely win. It's got such a good flow. I mean ..... the whole album is a MASTERPIECE. Timeless according to Elton John. Tnbar is >>>>>> all the other artists album alone. It's got such an atmosphere to it.

Literally the best songs from her career. Love Song is intimate af. And HTD hits the nostalgia. If Grammy Academy doesnt recognize it then they're tone deaf and playing to the whims and fancies of the public .

Her first three album were even more deserving of that accolade at the time of their release, but they were paid dust. Your point, exactly?

NFR deserves a grammy over every album on that list tbh.

Love Song

Venice

Mariners

Norman

Greatest

& California

are all great examples of why...

Taste :hooker:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

i just can’t get into norman fucking rockwell (song) i don’t dislike it exactly i just never feel like listening to it. She should’ve put up Mariner’s for the grammy instead imo

They couldn’t because it was released before October 1st. On the other hand... truth hurts is from 2017.

giphy.gif

i just can’t get into norman fucking rockwell (song) i don’t dislike it exactly i just never feel like listening to it. She should’ve put up Mariner’s for the grammy instead imo

Kinda same with the title track..It is the song from NFR! that I barely listen to but I'm not dislike the song. The Greatest would  deserve to be the SOFTY too.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Her first three album were even more deserving of that accolade at the time of their release, but they were paid dust. Your point, exactly?

But they werent..though they truly deserved it. Because of 1 performance that questioned her credibility. But we have to move past that. She was snubbed of Grammy when Summertime Sadness remix won one..they didnt even give her or credit her. When it was one of the most popular songs back then. All the clubs were playing it. Selfie by Chainsmokers literally had it in their lyrics.-'Summertime Sadness'. It was majorly played in gyms too..

I don't think Billie will win AOTY. I love her to death and if Lana loses I'd rather see her lose to Billie because her album is amazing, but she's a newcommer and I doubt the grammy voters would give her AOTY with her debut. She's taking BNA for sure, but I think the other main categories will go to Lil Nas and Lizzo who are also newcommers but their songs were way bigger than Bad Guy.

As for AOTY I think Lana's biggest competition will be Ariana, but Lana is already campaigning doing all these grammy gigs so I think she has a good chance. Ariana will probably snatch BPVA, which worries me because that may give her a little push in the AOTY, but idk I don't see the grammy voters going for TUN over NFR? Call me delusional but I think Lana's music appeal to the academy more than Ariana's. They take AOTY way more seriously than other categories so that is giving me some hope.

But the grammys has a weird pattern of giving the win to a commercially successful album one year and to a critically acclaimed album the other, and since Kacey won last year I think they might go for Ariana this year. But well let's wait and see, fingers crossed!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains