Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Bless her heart, but it's what drives me crazy about her. Hopefully she doesn't over do it with the snippets like she did with NFR. 

I didn't mind the snippets with LFL. I thought there were many during NFR, in a time when there were no official news. However, I hate when she teases a song that is still unfinished, like How to Disappear. I do love the album version, but it took a lot of time for this song to grow on me because of the damn snippet that was just the demo and that I thought the final version would sound like. Hell, at least it's just a song title we have this time around and we know nothing else about it (a bit like Bartender, which intrigued me since day 1 and that is still one of my faves from NFR).

btw, being 'polished' doesn't make an album objectively good or better  :creep:  :creep:  there's a reason people prefer The Weeknd's original unmastered mixtapes vs. the Trilogy versions. I'd argue that most mainstream pop artists will have a much more cleaner and polished sound than Lana's discography but that doesn't automatically make them better albums. It lowkey adds to charm, and at least to me the white noise in all of the songs in NFR doesn't bother me, and I really thought purposefully did it in these two songs (i.e. California, Bartender, etc) like how they did in Old Money/PWYC, Cherry, or 24. but idk  :ohno:

for WHF I hope there's more white noise tbh  :creep:  :creep:

Well agree to disagree. On Ultraviolence I really enjoyed the "raw" sound, I felt like it was a reflection of the raw content of the lyrcis in there, and the instrumentals actually sounded beautiful, intricate, intense yet balanced. But on NFR I just don't think that the white noise, very compressed/flat type of sound, and obvious poor mastering on most on most tracks gave the album "charm". It's very subjective I suppose.

The title "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" gives me strong "Glory Box" vibes.

Glory Box

[Verse 1]

I'm so tired of playing

Playing with this bow and arrow

Gonna give my heart away

Leave it to the other girls to play

For I've been a temptress too long

Just...

[Chorus]

Give me a reason to love you

Give me a reason to be a woman

I just wanna be a woman

[Verse 2]

From this time, unchained

We're all looking at a different picture

Through this new frame of mind

A thousand flowers could bloom

Move over and give us some room, yeah

[Chorus]

I just wanna be a woman

[Verse 3]

So don't you stop being a man

Just take a little look

From outside when you can

Sow a little tenderness

No matter if you cry

[Chorus]

Give me a reason to be

A woman

I just wanna be a woman

[bridge]

It's all I wanna be, is all, a woman

For this is the beginning

Of forever and ever

It's time to move over

It's all I wanna be

[Outro]

I'm so tired of playing

Gonna give my heart away

Just

if lana ever covered this song i'd actually transcend

(also @@AngelHeadedHipster your music taste is fucking perfection! i keep meaning to bring this up, every time i see you post i'm like "wow yes we are on the exact same page here")

it's just the way i feel

What is one unreleased song that has kind of the vibe or sound you guys are hoping we get a bit of on this album? All her albums have different varieties of songs, no matter how consistent the overall sound is, so I don’t think anything is necessarily off the table. So if you could have at least one song on this album in the style of any unreleased song, which would it be? (Or even a mix of two unreleased songs if not one fits what you want)

Riverside

I saw on twitter that Lana said the album could come in 2020 or 2021 and also there might be an astrology theme to the album... I don’t know if maybe it’s from that magazine or something. Not sure if it’s true.

yeah it's from q and it's....... tragic

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

...I mean the astrology thing could work(in the right hands) but I deeply fear how Lana would execute it. I don’t want hear something like-

Imma indigo child

Born for the new age

Bright blue quartz crystals round my neck like daisy chains

My lover is a Sagittarius

But our love is almost dangerous

He drives me insane and wild.

Like pls Lana don’t go down that route :rip:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

...I mean the astrology thing could work(in the right hands) but I deeply fear how Lana would execute it. I don’t want hear something like-

Imma indigo child

Born for the new age

Bright blue quartz crystals round my neck like daisy chains

My lover is a Sagittarius

But our love is almost dangerous

He drives me insane and wild.

Like pls Lana don’t go down that route :rip:

Even still, that goes together better than whats already been teased

The title "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" gives me strong "Glory Box" vibes.

Glory Box

[Verse 1]

I'm so tired of playing

Gonna give my heart away

Just...

[Chorus]

I just wanna be a woman

[Verse 2]

From this time, unchained

We're all looking at a different picture

Through this new frame of mind

A thousand flowers could bloom

Move over and give us some room, yeah

[Chorus]

I just wanna be a woman

[Verse 3]

So don't you stop being a man

Just take a little look

From outside when you can

Sow a little tenderness

No matter if you cry

[Chorus]

Give me a reason to be

A woman

I just wanna be a woman

[bridge]

It's all I wanna be, is all, a woman

For this is the beginning

Of forever and ever

It's time to move over

It's all I wanna be

[Outro]

I'm so tired of playing

Gonna give my heart away

Just

It was giving me The Pretty Reckless - Hit Me Like a Man vibes

So hit me like a man and love me like a woman

Buried and sad, look me in the eyes, I want it

One will give you hell, one will give you heaven

Hit me like a man, love me like a woman

Love me like a woman

Apparently three tracks have already been recorded

At this pace, I doubt we're getting the record in 2020. She's been making the album for a few months now and only has 3 tracks, while with NFR, I recall she or Jack said the majority of the tracks were done between January and March, but then they were coming back on the production after Lana was done with the tour, so around summertime

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

At this pace, I doubt we're getting the record in 2020. She's been making the album for a few months now and only has 3 tracks, while with NFR, I recall she or Jack said the majority of the tracks were done between January and March, but then they were coming back on the production after Lana was done with the tour, so around summertime

I’ll put money on 2022

LIZARD PEOPLE

So, from what we learned, she has recorded 3 songs and is hinting at the zodiac signs... Would that be a 12-track record if she sticks to it?

And for all of you who were worried about getting a NFR 2.0, it's safe to say that with only 3 songs in the bank, it could shift real fast into something else. 

Q interview is probably months old. Let's not read too much into it.

Lana: My next album in 2020 will be called White Hot Forever.

3 months later: My next album may come out in 2020 or 2021 and it may or may not be called White Hot Forever.

Here we go....

We know she is shit at giving us a timeframe for anything when she is doing the damn thing, but to be fair, she never said, in that interview' the part about 2020 or 2021 and that the title might change: it was Q mag that put a grain of salt on all this ( though I honestly never expected WHF anytime before 2021 when she first announced it). 

Why is anyone surprised that the album could come out in 2021? We pretty much already knew that. It’s like we already figured she would either keep the name or change it. If anything, everyone should be more at ease because Lana’s being honest and realistic about her process. Also after actually reading the interview, I don’t think the album will be explicitly “astrology themed”. It’ll probably just have subtle references to astrological themes/ideas throughout the lyrics, similar to how LFL had those subtle witchcraft references. And I don’t think it’s worrying that she only has a few songs recorded. She’s probably already written or partially written some more as well. She said they’re lucky if they finish one song a month, so we’re still on schedule. Remember we JUST got Norman Fucking Rockwell less than 2 months ago. She hadn’t even started NFR this soon after LFL came out. Lana’s on a creative spurt right now, so things are looking bright.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Why is anyone surprised that the album could come out in 2021? We pretty much already knew that. It’s like we already figured she would either keep the name or change it. If anything, everyone should be more at ease because Lana’s being honest and realistic about her process. Also after actually reading the interview, I don’t think the album will be explicitly “astrology themed”. It’ll probably just have subtle references to astrological themes/ideas throughout the lyrics, similar to how LFL had those subtle witchcraft references. And I don’t think it’s worrying that she only has a few songs recorded. She’s probably already written or partially written some more as well. She said they’re lucky if they finish one song a month, so we’re still on schedule. Remember we JUST got Norman Fucking Rockwell less than 2 months ago. She hadn’t even started NFR this soon after LFL came out. Lana’s on a creative spurt right now, so things are looking bright.

You’re right. And to be fair, she can take as long as she needs to: I loved all of her albums so far (some more than others of course) and all I wish for WHF is to be as good as it can be. And anyways, she will surely release it in the summer, so maybe next summer or more probably the one after (and doesn’t she have a couple of other projects to attend to, in the meantime?)