Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Okay but if lanaboards did get shut down where would we all go? I'd feel naked and lost in the cruel and harsh wavering seas of the internet

To a psychiatric ward hopefully

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

@@takeitdoen you were so right about your thoughts on this. And I think you said something about how this is your favourite work from Lana ever? It's mine too now

It's not only meaningful, each line is elevated by the tone in which she reads it. For example, right when she says "get out of my blood, salamander" my heart died :( I don't even know which is my favourite out of them all, but this'll keep me listening for a very long time

you don't wanna be forgotten, you just wanna disappear

So relatable, all of this, idek how to sum it up. I believe I am still lowkey freaking out jsjgnsjgn

does anyone else remember when this came out? lol

5e8c05dbafad1a2ab3ebd4a61e7883c7.828x822

:oic2:

Okay, but

1. I was really proud of my 3-minute Photoshop filtered violets

2. the day u left me in los angeles is pretty close to one of the actual titles

3. Kitchen Discoveries - Lowly Maiden would've been such a serve

4. We would've gotten away with it, if I hadn't added extra "poems" and forgotten to change the total time.

Sincerely,

Our group Discord

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

:oic2:

Okay, but

1. I was really proud of my 3-minute Photoshop filtered violets

2. the day u left me in los angeles is pretty close to one of the actual titles

3. Kitchen Discoveries - Lowly Maiden would've been such a serve

4. We would've gotten away with it, if I hadn't added extra "poems" and forgot to change the total time.

Sincerely,

Our group Discord

Ooo, the masterminds behind at all.. don't tell me you guys are also behind the parody Chemtrails tracklist with the notoriously iconic "Santa Monica Sinner..." Even though I don't believe it for a second, the lyrics are beautiful :icant:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ooo, the masterminds behind at all.. don't tell me you guys are also behind the parody Chemtrails tracklist with the notoriously iconic "Santa Monica Sinner..." Even though I don't believe it for a second, the lyrics are beautiful :icant:

I, on behalf of our Discord, will neither confirm nor deny these allegations

I can deny being the lyrical genius, though - but it's up to that person if they wish to reveal themselves :creep:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So relatable, all of this, idek how to sum it up. I believe I am still lowkey freaking out jsjgnsjgn

It's just tragically authentic. We're always blabbing on about people now want experiences that are authentic and relatable that they can experience, and there is something really approachable in the way she writes that it makes it so empathetic. I don't know shit about poetry but these really moved me. :defeated: 

3lfQEhw.png

I haven't read or heard anything. I want the full experience.

But I might throw all of that out the window if it's not released at midnight  :poordat:

my life is my poetry, my lovemaking is my legacy.

spoken word album was cute. honestly I wasn't CRAZY about it but there were definitely some standouts: la who am i to love you?, salamander, sportcruiser, and bare feet on linoleum being my favorites. idk i think i just wish she used a real microphone instead of recording on what appears to be her iPhone mic. still, her poetry itself is pretty impressive. i just think i wanted something more for all this buildup and waiting.

giphy.gif

OMG I am truly floored. Just listened twice.

Absolute masterpiece of atmosphere and storytelling. I'm pretty much speechless tbh what a compelling and unique journey she's put together, I'm so proud of her. The payoff of the last two tracks is so amazing and I am left completely unnerved by the ending. I think this definitely gives us an idea of the direction she's going with Chemtrails and also Behind the Iron Gates.

It's just tragically authentic. We're always blabbing on about people now want experiences that are authentic and relatable that they can experience, and there is something really approachable in the way she writes that it makes it so empathetic. I don't know shit about poetry but these really moved me. :defeated:

You said all the right words, I couldn't agree more. It really is tragically authentic. And on top of the way her writing has magic to it, these pieces are far longer and much more extensive than any lyrics of hers have been, so it really does offer a much more transparent and vulnerable understanding of the person she is. This really spoke so much to me. I also felt understood, I'm sure so many have while listening. I'm so glad she went ahead with this medium. And thank you again for originally helping to piece these lyrics together!

I know many of us didn't really sleep lol, but now we can die sleep peacefully to this  :flutter:  :deadbanana:

i'm really impressed. i was pretty ambivalent to the idea of a poetry book (still am tbh) BUT i'm so in love with lana so i went with it. and i'm glad i did. very well written, much more raw than anything i was expecting. a lot of it feels just like she's talking. 

what i appreciate about this work (and the majority of her discography) is that there isn't necessarily a big thesis or storyline to it. she just kind of dwells in her own headspace, and takes us along with her. she's just in it, she's just there. they're just snapshots of how she feels, what she thinks about. there is no obvious "point" to it, it's just kind of a collage of her emotions. and that's more real than any "concept" or "storyline."

the trauma of her past hangs heavily over this project. this is a woman torn between her past and her future. she is haunted by a series of abusive and broken relationships, and trying to find out who she is in the wake of them. she tries new things, she goes new places, but she is inexplicably drawn back to old habits and bad memories. she's lost, not quite unhappy but still unfulfilled. she doesn't necessarily miss her past, but she can't help but think about it often. this is mostly (at least the lens i looked at it thru) a piece about recovering from your past and looking for your future. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman with her past, but she has it. 

really blown away

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

IS this coming tonight? I PRAy its not only audible if not imma cri YouTube here i come  :noparty:

I think I’m the only one here that hasn’t heard anything but in 51 minutes my mind is prepared to be blown and audible better not let me down.

Twinsies  :party:

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I'm so nervously excited for this.  :crossed:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.