Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA - January 26th, 2020

Here's her full little interview with ET, talking about her dress she picked up at the mall - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She will probably be devastated even if she acts like she's not bothered. To think she played a big part in making the kind of music Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande and others make popular and has never really won anything or got much recognition and then they come along when this type of music is already established and been done before and win awards for it while she was mocked and not accepted. :crazy:

I really don't care about Lana losing, but Billie not giving Lana the credit she deserves was fucking disrespectful. Bitch, Lana Del Rey literally walked so you could run.

lana ran so billie could crawl.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Yeah yeah we get it, you hate everything does these days

Oh clearly, because I don't like her last album and think it was undeserving of all the acclaim compared to her first three records I'm a hater. I'm obviously not still emotionally attached to Lana. Some of y'all need to learn the difference between hate and criticism. As for her looks, it's weird to me how she literally served two looks at some luncheon/pre-party, but the day of the event she attended looking very underwhelming and beige, very mother of the bride-ish. Her little story about how she changed her look last minute, was relatable and endearing, but she still looked plain, sorry. While being an AOTY nominee you know? That's all.

Also, some of you guys value award shows way too much. Don't you realize that they have always been rigged and highly political? Like it was obviously Billie's year, I don't understand the outrage right now. Award shows are just another way for the industry to monetize artists even more so than they already are. Just a way for the industry to pat themselves on the back. I understand that it feels good to receive validation from the industry, but you don't need that to power through. Lana knows this.

Why does it seem like the industry have a vendetta against her

Cause she doesnt participate in it. She doesnt do much media, doesnt perform anywhere except her own concerts pretty much and didnt campaign for any of this. Meanwhile lizzo and the girl with the green roots had like a new televised performance or a new interview or something up on the net nearly every day. And even though the recording academy loooves to pretend like they‘re about „artistic excellence“ we can tell from this year that it‘s just another popularity contest

not billie saying nfr was her favorite album and then saying it was tun on the ceremony, we know you love catering to the crowd for whatever reason but pls, if it weren't for lana you'd probably still be in a garage making music that's only appreciated by tumblr 

giphy.gif

Cause she doesnt participate in it. She doesnt do much media, doesnt perform anywhere except her own concerts pretty much and didnt campaign for any of this. Meanwhile lizzo and the girl with the green roots had like a new televised performance or a new interview or something up on the net nearly every day. And even though the recording academy loooves to pretend like they‘re about „artistic excellence“ we can tell from this year that it‘s just another popularity contest

Most of it is about making money as well, they know if they market Billie Eilsh well they can all make a lot of money off her since she appeals to everyone from kids to grannies and is on the radio, all over youtube and social media. The more they hype her, the more money they all make off of it. Seems only every few years they give a token award to a smaller person with no marketability to give themselves validation and then they go back to giving them to people they make money from for a few years again

Oh clearly, because I don't like her last album and think it was undeserving of all the acclaim compared to her first three records I'm a hater. I'm obviously not still emotionally attached to Lana. Some of y'all need to learn the difference between hate and criticism. As for her looks, it's weird to me how she literally served two looks at some luncheon/pre-party, but the day of the event she attended looking very underwhelming and beige, very mother of the bride-ish. Her little story about how she changed her look last minute, was relatable and endearing, but she still looked plain, sorry. While being an AOTY nominee you know? That's all.

Also, some of you guys value award shows way too much. Don't you realize that they have always been rigged and highly political? Like it was obviously Billie's year, I don't understand the outrage right now. Award shows are just another way for the industry to monetize artists even more so than they already are. Just a way for the industry to pat themselves on the back. I understand that it feels good to receive validation from the industry, but you don't need that to power through. Lana knows this.

As much as I agree with you, this is my response to the bolded part:

She won Album, Record, Song, Best New Artist, Best Engineering and her brother won Best Producer... saying this, you've got to believe this is the best album released in history. Literally no one has seen this extreme achievement in a very long time, I daresay never... given the fact she is younger than most of us. That's why people (not only Lana fans...) are mad. Her album and her era honestly didn't deserve this much success in one single night. She's got style, she's got sound and was able to create a recognisable piece of work, but it wasn't all that.

i don't mind billie (my nephew is a big fan) and i like what she's about but yea..... popularity contest for sure. that being said i'm not gonna call her names or anything she's literally an 18 y/o girl so i'm thrilled for her and supportive hahah it's just kinda.....  :creep:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I understand the frustration you can feel after watching L lose once again at the Grammys, but calling a young girl a "cunt" and blaming her for winning multiple awards she didn't have any control of is truly disgusting.

Insulting Billie for winning "too many" awards is dumb – it's not her fault. The c***s are the guys who run the Grammys...