Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

49 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Take Me Home is so closely related to The Grants that I see more of an Ocean Blvd Deluxe coming than a covers album.

The single cover could also be a hint. :O

In that case, can we PLEASE have a Harry Nilsson cover as well, in reference to Ocean Blvd title track?! His voice is heavenly 

I would love an Ocean Blvd deluxe version, I love the album so much

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

These lyrics actually scream for the song being a lead single for the American standards album, lol. Love it so much. 

Take me home to the place I belong - indeed! ❤️

It was expensive watch it 

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Boom Like That ft. Nikki Lane

Boom Like That (10 Minutes Version)(From The Vault)(More Boom)(Lana's Version)

I can't wait for theses absolute bangers :lange:

4 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Take Me Home is so closely related to The Grants that I see more of an Ocean Blvd Deluxe coming than a covers album.

The single cover could also be a hint. :O

can't wait Zodiac :ohmy:

Possible songs ???

Stand By Your Man

Take Me Home , Country Roads

Wicked Game

I Got You Babe feat. Barrie-James O'Neill

Unchained Melody

Summertime (The Gershwin Version)

On Eagles' Wings

Chelsea Hotel No. 2 

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Heart-Shaped Box

Summer Wine  feat. Barrie-James O'Neil

I'm not sure if she'll include older covers but if she does I'd love a studio version of Knockin On Heavens Door and an inclusion of Cry Me A River. I'm assuming Stand By Your Man, and Summertime (either Gershwin or Joplin version as she covered both), The End of The World, I Got You Babe (and maybe more of her Barrie covers), maybe a Joan Baez cover (It Ain't Me Babe cover of her cover?), Unchained Melody...

Maybe it's just because of my love for Americana songs and the songwriting of the 50s-70s but I'm so goddamn excited for this album

The way we still don’t have confirmation Country Roads, Take Me Home is the lead of this supposed album… it’s a copy paste of when she released Summertime Gershwin : we all thought it was gonna happen for real at Christmas :omfg2: It’s 2020 all over again

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The way we still don’t have confirmation Country Roads, Take Me Home is the lead of this supposed album… it’s a copy paste of when she released Summertime Gershwin : we all thought it was gonna happen for real at Christmas :omfg2: It’s 2020 all over again

Well if we look from the bright side, if she releases a cover every 3 years before Christmas, we will have enough songs to create our own covers album by 2047.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I put a spell on you would be iconic or crazy he calls me

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

As such, she has plans to write an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now. A bit like the gorgeous, piano-led cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver that she released on Friday, or the Elvis Presley version of Unchained Melody that she recorded at Graceland for a Christmas TV show.

From her Times interview, does not seem like cover album fully exists yet.

30 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

As such, she has plans to write an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now. A bit like the gorgeous, piano-led cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver that she released on Friday, or the Elvis Presley version of Unchained Melody that she recorded at Graceland for a Christmas TV show.

From her Times interview, does not seem like cover album fully exists yet.

American Standards and Classics is alive and breathing

On 12/2/2023 at 8:54 PM, Let the Light In said:

Well if we look from the bright side, if she releases a cover every 3 years before Christmas, we will have enough songs to create our own covers album by 2047.

:bebe: