Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

As long as it is not a Christmas album, I'm totally fine. Maybe I'm tripping, but I also heard it was going to include a few original songs there? Like, fitting the Americana theme of the classic songs she talked about. Anyways, I think it's an amazing thing to do while we wait for Chemtrails, honestly. Lana is amazing.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

14 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m assuming she’s referring to songs that are listed in the Great American songbook! So, songs that have been covered by so many American legends throughout history! 
Here’s a link to see if there are any songs you recognize! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook

This is 100% correct. These are the songs sung originally, or covered by, the likes of Ruth Etting, Bing Crosby, Billie Holiday, Ray Charles, Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone, Julie London, Perry Como and Ella Fitzgerald, among many others, and more recently covered by Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, Linda Ronstadt, Rod Stewart, Rickie Lee Jones, Marianne Faithfull and others. LDR has already covered at least one Peggy Lee song, though not on an album. 

But still, today, 'standards' can mean anything, including the Beatles, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell. 

I think this record might end up being what she was envisioning for Pacific Blue last year. She said that she and her musician friends could do that in album in a week, probably with songs by The Beach Boys, Elvis, Chris Isaak, etc., and I feel like songs by those artists fall under the “American classics” category. I think “standards” refers to songs that have been covered by numerous artists throughout history to the point where the original isn’t the most notable, and “classics” could just be songs that are iconic in American music! Maybe we’ll get the studio version of For Free with Zella Day and Weyes Blood! 

let’s look at the positives:

-we have a date (xmas)

-dec 25th is a friday

- it is being released digitally so we don’t have any physical production delays to anticipate 

- the date she gave us is like basically a month away, if she’s lying it won’t hurt that bad :crai:

21 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

lol not you guys actually falling for that shit... remember the 25 unreleased song project? or pacific blue?

i think this album IS pacific blue. And she worked on the unreleased album a bit by reworking come when you call me however we din’t know more songs that were reworked since it’s not public info. something to think about