paradisetropico

Haley McCallum-Bonar to release a rework of “Eat for Free” featuring Lana Del Rey

Do we know why the artists who performed with Lana on tour are rereleasing their songs with Lana? First Hallucinogenics now Eat For Free.... is it connected or random? Imagine Lana put together an album of her covering songs with the original artists as duets.... yeah unlikely but that’d be cool. I do think it’s strange though since this is the second time someone’s rereleasing their song with Lana featured and the other one was pretty recently too. Anyway, I’m excited no matter where this leads.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

14 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Do we know why the artists who performed with Lana on tour are rereleasing their songs with Lana? First Hallucinogenics now Eat For Free.... is it connected or random? Imagine Lana put together an album of her covering songs with the original artists as duets.... yeah unlikely but that’d be cool. I do think it’s strange though since this is the second time someone’s rereleasing their song with Lana featured and the other one was pretty recently too. Anyway, I’m excited no matter where this leads.

If this is true I def need her and Julia’s duet of Don’t Know How To Keep Loving You. I love that song so much and they sounded so great together. She was my favorite guest from the NFR tour minus Chris. 

This one sounds really really good though. Very excited to hear it. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too terribly long!

6 hours ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Is this related to Lana's cover of Joni Mitchell's For Free? I feel like Lana wouldn't put out a cover of "For Free" and in the same era feature on a song called "Eat for Free". Maybe she would, but it's just too similar and it would be weird and confusing. My theory is that the snippet and the Joni Mitchell cover are actually the same song, the album track "For Free". The song will interpolate some of the lyrics and melodies of the Joni Mitchell song, but it will only be 50%  cover and will also have some original lyrics and melodies.

No these are two separate songs. 
she covered Eat For Free on her Midwest NFr tour with Hailey. Lana had teased the cover before her show on her Insta (she was singing the song on her bed and it was a perfect song for her).

58 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I’d fucking love that! That would mean we would get a Wicked Game duet! Or a Joan Baez one!

Really excited for this collaboration! Lana sounds great, so soft and sweet.

If the idea above proves to be true, that she’s reworking songs with some of the people who opened for her during NFR!, I really hope she works with Lucy Dacus (and Julia Jacklin) especially. Night Shift ft. Lana Del Rey :wub: Still couldn’t believe she had Lucy open for her, an official release between the two would be incredible. 

This is an absolute dream I always hoped this would happen, I have loved Lana singing this.

Between this and the Hallucinogenics remix my fantasy of a Lana Del Rey & Friends release of all her NFR! guests is basically happening :assad:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

this song is so beautiful :wub:

Really excited for Haleys & Lanas version

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

6 hours ago, youngnwildx said:

I mean it has to be, cause she sang "For Free" on The Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour with Weyes Blood and Zella Day and their names are in the credits for background vocals so that cannot be a coincidence, it is the Joni Mitchell song, yeah it might be 50% cover and it'll include original lyrics and melodies because she always added her own touch to covers  so that's that

I don't think so-- there's only writing credits to Joni on For Free from COCC right???

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

and then it turns out it's secretly an entire album she's been working on but has failed to mention until it releases (for once)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, DLT said:

If this is true I def need her and Julia’s duet of Don’t Know How To Keep Loving You. I love that song so much and they sounded so great together. She was my favorite guest from the NFR tour minus Chris. 

This one sounds really really good though. Very excited to hear it. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too terribly long!

I would die... It's one of my favorite songs, I couldn't believe Lana sang it with Julia on the tour, so a studio version would kill me :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

I would die... It's one of my favorite songs, I couldn't believe Lana sang it with Julia on the tour, so a studio version would kill me :defeated:

Same!!!! I was dying when I saw she was going to be a guest and then they performed THAT song.  It was so good, perfect combination honestly!

Side note for anyone who hasn’t listened to Julia Jacklin, please do. She’s amazing. Her last album Crushing was just beyond great. 

3 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Get free, eat for free, for free, we're gonna get free free free free free :justride2:

Can't wait

We did it for fun, we did it for free
I did it for you, you did it for me
We did it for the right reasons

Yosemitee

With all of those statements, she literally deserves us a free online concert. :agree:

Please Lana play for freeeeeee.

By the way, I didn't know this song but it sounds great and fits Lana perfectly. :wub:

6 hours ago, saith said:

We did it for fun, we did it for free
I did it for you, you did it for me
We did it for the right reasons

Yosemitee

With all of those statements, she literally deserves us a free online concert. :agree:

Please Lana play for freeeeeee.

By the way, I didn't know this song but it sounds great and fits Lana perfectly. :wub:

I can't believe I forgot that line tbh 

Free concert makes sense tho :really:

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

In fact, it's been expensive a lot. :hide:

You're definitely right