Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Do we have more than a couple? I know a couple came from a publishing site.

We have QOTGS, For K pt2, Gramma, Pawn Shop Blues and Smarty.

I don't know if I remember correctly, BUT I think honeymoons once said he had the original yayo instrumental, I'm not sure tho

8nl2OpX.png

So LDR revealed in a recent interview that she powerlifts. Does anyone have any clue what routine she does? Judging by the gorgeous size of her thighs lately I'm thinking she's doing Starting Strength but it may be Strong Lifts or some other routine.

When’s the last time Lana wore a pair of cute high stilettos like these? I’ve noticed nowadays when she gives her Keds a rest, she goes for a boot type shoe with a low heel (granny style  :creep:)

UkOm8pL.jpg

I'm more worried about when she's gonna do her hair as classy again and wear a cute short dress that isn't white and lacy. 

Those heels are so fucking nice tho

So LDR revealed in a recent interview that she powerlifts. Does anyone have any clue what routine she does? Judging by the gorgeous size of her thighs lately I'm thinking she's doing Starting Strength but it may be Strong Lifts or some other routine.

I wish she went into it more. Shed be the only person that could get me interested in lifting. 

But the first thought that came to my head was the daily workout routine that Marilyn Monroe did, which I don't believe was powerlifting but I wouldn't be surprised if that gave her the inspiration

We have QOTGS, For K pt2, Gramma, Pawn Shop Blues and Smarty.

I don't know if I remember correctly, BUT I think honeymoons once said he had the original yayo instrumental, I'm not sure tho

can i get a link to these instrumentals ? i didn’t even know we had them !

IMG_1709.gif.630ef5701e222250fafb1d00fec

Does anyone have the original version of I don't wanna go?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Visit Fordham University's Rose Hill Campus where she attended college. Listening to "Fordham Road", wander through the Bronx (careful, it's a "bad neighborhood"!) on your way there and see if you can find the cheap coffee place on Valentine or the "stone Mary in the garden". On campus, stop in to the McGinley Center there and check out the ballroom where she sang at a fundraiser. Cross campus to Rodrigue's Coffee House in Alumni House where Lana played several gigs (including her first known gig and another one the same night as the fundraiser). Get caffeinated imagining Lizzy singing "Get Drunk" and "Pawn Shop Blues" here while playing acoustic guitar.

Visit more venues where she performed in her early years. They're all listed in the Early Shows section. (Keep in mind that some venues have closed or moved since then. I've tried to list the original addresses in the show threads when possible, but I'm not sure it's 100% accurate.) Explore her Williamsburg stomping grounds at night listening to "Oh Say Can You See". Wander through alleys and look at the bars.

Visit the trailer park where she lived, Manhattan Mobile Home Park at 4828 Tonelle Ave. in North Bergen, New Jersey if it hasn't been demolished yet. (It doesn't appear to have been based on Google StreetView photos from December.) Take the Lincoln Tunnel which inspired the "tunnel lined with yellow lights" lyric in "Yayo" as you take yourself "from this dark trailer park life."

Definitely visit Coney Island. Walk down Mermaid and Neptune Avenues. Eat cotton candy and explore the boardwalk while listening to "Mermaid Motel". Ride the coasters and the Wonder Wheel. Stick your toes in the sand while listening to "Kill Kill". Lie in the ocean singing her song. Check out the aquarium before you go. Come back for the annual Mermaid Parade.

You might also consider traveling down the Jersey Shore to a couple similar boardwalk destinations, Seaside Heights, where I think she wrote "Trash Magic", and Wildwood, where one of her classic photo shoots was taken.

And if you're really hardcore, consider a road trip to beautiful Lake Placid, where she grew up.

If you do any of this please take pictures and post about it!

@@Trash Magic @@HeadBitch

I just went to Williamsburg a few days ago and ugh what a cool place. I didn't even really consider the connection to Lana at the time. Do we know if she lived there at one point? Or just passed through a lot?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I also passed by The Bitter End without realising I was in the bar right next to it. They have a list of past performers in their window... Lana Del Rey nowhere to be found! The disrespect.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Do we know anything about Studio 356? 

The January/February 2007 sessions that produced versions of Disco/OSCYS/Let My Hair Down/FKP2/Get Drunk/RMU were allegedly recorded there with members of the Phenomena, but I've never heard any whisperings of where this was -- and a cursory Google search reveals nothing. 

o4qjp4j.png

I just went to Williamsburg a few days ago and ugh what a cool place. I didn't even really consider the connection to Lana at the time. Do we know if she lived there at one point? Or just passed through a lot?

Didn't she boo Gaga off the stage there 

What would you say are Lana´s best live concerts ?  (Bootlegs - if available? )

No need to post them here - just tell me the very good concerts,

I will find+get the rest.

Thank everyone 

giphy.gif

Her performance of Body Electric at Berlin, 2014. My absolute favorite. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

What would you say are Lana´s best live concerts ?  (Bootlegs - if available? )

No need to post them here - just tell me the very good concerts,

I will find+get the rest.

Thank everyone 

giphy.gif

I'd say Terrence Loves You in Barcelona, 2018 <3

R5sPD4M.jpg