Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I'm looking for something very specific - the very high backing vocals of the chorus of Gods & Monsters. Has it leaked? Could someone please be able to make it if it hasn't? I'm craving it so badly urgh

ZKcaooE.png

WHY is Old Money called Old Money???? and Terrence Loves You?

I once read a theory that Old Money is dedicated to her parents. For some reason it stuck and that's the "official" meaning in my mind. It makes sense to me, particularly with lines like "the kids were young and pretty" (her and Chuck?).

Here's a Lana question that's more about the music industry: how can Lana's record label put a copyright claim on Bad Disease on YouTube if Sirens/From the End weren't recorded for them?

giphy.gif

She'd come up with a dumb explanation if asked in 2013. Something along "Marilyn is what is real and Jackie is what I wished things had been" or something of that sort :rip:

skkskskskks i don't think it's meant to be anyone specific like it's just a stereotypical old hollywood socialite couple ??

WHY is Old Money called Old Money???? and Terrence Loves You?

TLY - I read an interesting interpretation that Honeymoon is about voyeurism, and that thematically Lana on the 'tour bus' is her watching from afar and singing from multiple perspectives.

3lfQEhw.png

What happened to LanaDelNews?

Someone said they threw their toys out of the pram and closed their page because they didn't like people making negative comments about sis. Idk if that's true, but yeah.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

it might just be that I’m stupid but “now my life is sweet like cinnamon” don’t make sense? cinnamon doesn’t taste that sweet, it just smells sweet. unless lana has never tasted cinnamon that line is sarcastic

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

it might just be that I’m stupid but “now my life is sweet like cinnamon” don’t make sense? cinnamon doesn’t taste that sweet, it just smells sweet. unless lana has never tasted cinnamon that line is sarcastic

Her body is like sugar venom, oh yeah, so the bitter cinnamon keeps her sugary life balanced.

Also, Americans add sugar to their cinnamon because we're all sugar addicts. 

And because cinnamon sugar in the bomb dot com.

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Since Lana is woke nowadays why isn't she helping or anonymously donating to this gofundme page Chuck is hosting for her friend that is a migrant and had her house burnt to a crisp?

She can feature the fire on her album cover for the aesthetic, sing about it in The Greatest, but not cough up when it matters?

A true "I'm retiring Cola bc of the Harvey Weinstein namedrop but I will sing about Manson in Heroin" tea

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Since Lana is woke nowadays why isn't she helping or anonymously donating to this gofundme page Chuck is hosting for her friend that is a migrant and had her house burnt to a crisp?

She can feature the fire on her album cover for the aesthetic, sing about it in The Greatest, but not cough up when it matters?

A true "I'm retiring Cola bc of the Harvey Weinstein namedrop but I will sing about Manson in Heroin" tea

And how will we know when or if she anonymously donates?

Does anyone have the alternative covers for either Kill Kill or AKA? I recall one of them having alt covers of her playing a guitar and them being on her myspace or something at some point? 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

A question/theory about No Kung Fu and another set of 2007 demos:

I didn't realize until today that the version of Get Drunk on the No Kung Fu tape is the same version that Lisandro re-leaked, albeit unedited, in 2017 -- along with a batch of unheard 2007 demos of Disco, For K Pt. 2, and Raise Me Up. I call this the 'bedroom session', to save any confusion with the Studio 356 sessions at the beginning of 2007 that produced a similar tracklist.

So, here's what intrigues me: I had always assumed that the No Kung Fu demos, with the exception of Put Me in a Movie/Ruby because it's obviously more produced/less raw, were from the same recording session. They all have that same, acoustic sound, with no real differences to suggest they were recorded at different times.

However, if the recording of Get Drunk present on NKF is actually from an earlier session, that either means that:

1. NKF is just an assemblage of various session tracks (actually explaining the presence of Ruby much better)

OR

2. The recordings of Brite Lites/Jump/Jimmy Gnecco/Yayo also stem from that 'bedroom session' that produced Get Drunk/Disco/FKP2/RMU.

I'm leaning heavily towards the first option, especially because the Mermaid Motel demo was tagged as a No Kung Fu demo, leading me to believe No Kung Fu was not a tape culled from a single session (plus Ruby), but just a catch-all tape for various recordings Lizzy saw potential in.

That's how I'm going to treat it for now, meaning that I'm going to, with a heavy heart, finally dismantle my No Kung Fu Demos album :icant: truly the end of an era

o4qjp4j.png