Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Sometimes I get pretty drunk and I just think about how beautiful Lana's music is and just get really emotional. I remember being 12 years old and thinking that Diet Mtn Dew was the fucking best song in the world... and honestly? 12 year-old me kind of snapped! Her music has consistently been one of the only things that provides comfort during some ugly times. I'll never stop being grateful that Lana Del Rey is real and we get to live at the same time as her. For me, she is up there with Billie Holliday and Joni Mitchell as one of the all-time greats.

Flipside deserved better, I hope one day she returns to that grungy/rock sound cause'  :trisha:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

33 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

The Grammy's have bad taste, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wins. Especially after the QFTC...

Spoiler

After QFTC I played two scenarios in my head: Or they will cut her off or they will praise her as a shut up

Just now, anwdelrey said:

Why must she hang out with these yee yee republicans... it's getting very weird.

As a dear friend remarked the other day, she is the most Republican non-Republican ever

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

8 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Also anyone of USA can tell me where the vacine line is at? Lana Del Rey is too far to take it? I saw mariah carey taking it and she is fifty years old??? So i guess lana is far to take it?

How do you know she hasn't gotten it :azealia:

1 hour ago, takeitdoen said:

I think we're at a point now where we don't need people persistently bringing up Lana's lack of mask in her photos, for these reasons:

• Different states (and countries) have different laws about when masks are compulsory, necessary or optional. Just because where you reside is/isn't mandated to wear masks, doesn't mean Lana is in a similar environment.
  • Masks are only part of the solution and management of the virus is superior to the point of where it was last year - now we have well established methods of contact tracing, and a good awareness of hygeine and general social distancing.
  • We have no context of these photos so if it's a house gathering, party, or private event people are generally not required to wear face masks.
  • We know that Lana does use masks as there are plenty of photos of her using them properly. 
  • This double standard is geting really tired and it comes across like you're persecuting her for the sake of it. 

Take it from me, someone who was in the world's strictest lockdoen last year. We only have to wear masks on public transport now - we are ready to react appropriately if the situation changes, but it is really not that big a deal to see people without masks. I definitely don't see the problem with Lana not wearing one in a photo with a fan because I chose to believe that both her and the person she is with has proper awareness. She's been dragged enough to know what is appropriate. :oprah3:

Some people just love virtue signalling,  maybe question for the culture has made some of the fans even more sensitive then usual and feel the need to pick up every minor infraction. Lana is not a nun ffs 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Off topic, I'm going to erase later

Barrie's stories are scaring me. He's drunk, his mother is in the hospital and he's pissed because he can't do a live???

God bless him and burn his phone, because no one should see him in that state

Love you guys and no shade but can we please stop with the Republican comments? They only perpetuate an attribution that Lana has already disputed on several occasions. And friendly reminder that the people in Lana’s life are all real people whose existences are not to be fictionalized or reduced to being solely a part of her career <3

I get the republican jokes, but we need to remember that not all republicans are bad people. You can't paint them as the devil on earth all the time. And we don't even know if Lana is hanging around them and even if she is, this don't change anything. Unless if she decides do became one. And I wouldn't judge her, because the democrats seems to be the meaniest with her online

Spoiler

Ok, I would. I can't stand what they represent and I would be really sad if she decides to vote in one of them

it’s always the same user constantly worrying about how “republican” lana looks 

can we please drop it already- it’s one thing to give an opinion on country music since she is an artist but stop assuming everyones political stance it’s fucking annoying to read all the time