Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

just wanna say, so far,

does anyone else feel like these songs (as beautiful as LMLYLAW/COTCC are) feel like her thoughts that should be expanded on? I feel like what she wants to sing or think in the songs is just scratching the surface of her feelings?

like as if she isn't fully SHOUTING or SCREAMING her thoughts, it feels very bubbly & almost like she craves in these songs to express herself but it isn't fully formed. as if something is blocking her aura/mind/spirit from expressing herself ??? does this make sense? like it feels as if the songs are reaching for somewhere - some emotion - but they kind of just abruptly end. so far at least... maybe im just thinking too much. cause they are beautiful  

i kind of get what you're saying, i love both songs so much but maybe part of what you feel is because LMLYLAW ends so abruptly, which makes it feel like she didn't finish expressing what she felt

but it's not as much a problem as it is imo an artistic decision and could lead interestingly into the next track or as a theme/idea in the record of suppression/holding back/not being able to reach a certain place!!!

even thinking about how she wants to "leave LA" but struggles, it's like reaching for a dream or for the ability to feel, experience, live more deeply, but LA limits her thoughts and her experiences and keeps her trapped

sUcVobB.png

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

so is lana playing her trombone on this album..

What instruments does this woman really play? ?

The original cover art isnt that bad as people portray it to be...

I mean come on..look at SMILE and EVERMORE?? FOLKLORE?(i could have just googled pine forest or dark forest woman walking).

It could have been more polished yes..but doesnt warrant OMG SHE HAS LOST HER ART SHE IS LAZY SHE IS OVER reactions...

Pure Heroine cover also <<<<<<<..

So many album arts are worse than Lana's.

Watch her release HBB, STUPID, DEALER,WHF as deluxe(Interscope will obviously want more revenue due to no concerts/festivals/tours. 

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

I mean come on..look at SMILE and EVERMORE?? FOLKLORE?(i could have just googled pine forest or dark forest woman walking).

It could have been more polished yes..but doesnt warrant OMG SHE HAS LOST HER ART SHE IS LAZY SHE IS OVER reactions...

Watch her release HBB, STUPID, DEALER,WHF as deluxe(Interscope will obviously want more revenue due to no concerts/festivals/tours. 

EXACTLY THANK YOU. :creepna3:

lights, camera, acción

5 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the thought of my hmv vinyl arriving on release date actually makes my heart beat so fast, her best cover being in my hands in just over a month...:trisha:

also do i listen to it on spotify with my speakers at midnight first? or do i play it on my vinyl when it arrives sometime in the day,

i dont know if i can wait that long once its out:oprah2:

I'm lighting some candles and VPNing to New Zealand at 3AM on the 18th :hooker: That way I can stream it all day! :hottie:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

3 hours ago, honeybadger said:

i kind of get what you're saying, i love both songs so much but maybe part of what you feel is because LMLYLAW ends so abruptly, which makes it feel like she didn't finish expressing what she felt

but it's not as much a problem as it is imo an artistic decision and could lead interestingly into the next track or as a theme/idea in the record of suppression/holding back/not being able to reach a certain place!!!

even thinking about how she wants to "leave LA" but struggles, it's like reaching for a dream or for the ability to feel, experience, live more deeply, but LA limits her thoughts and her experiences and keeps her trapped

Tbh to me it expresses how impatient she is to leave LA - it sounds like the music itself hurries to finish, which goes so well with the lyrics. I love this song so much damn :defeated:It all sounds so warm I don't know how she did that. Am I having a hot flush listening to it or does anyone else feel the same?

4 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

just wanna say, so far,

does anyone else feel like these songs (as beautiful as LMLYLAW/COTCC are) feel like her thoughts that should be expanded on? I feel like what she wants to sing or think in the songs is just scratching the surface of her feelings?

I think that LMLYLAW Chemtrails are almost very broad overviews of her headspace & the themes of the record itself (in the same way Venice Bitch, for example, was for NFR). 

Given what we know about White Dress, I think this track will mark the beginning of her truly delving into some of the album’s intimacies. In other words, I think we’ll probably have a much better understanding of why she’s escaping LA and “contemplating god under the chemtrails” pretty soon:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

7 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

Thanks! Do you know where the best retailer to buy the Neil Krug cover from? I'm about to do it right now literally

Target in the US

HMV in GB

FNAC for France

MediaMarkt for Germany

And I think there was some Australian store aswell (?)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

just wanna say, so far,

like as if she isn't fully SHOUTING or SCREAMING her thoughts, it feels very bubbly & almost like she craves in these songs to express herself but it isn't fully formed. as if something is blocking her aura/mind/spirit from expressing herself ??? does this make sense? like it feels as if the songs are reaching for somewhere - some emotion - but they kind of just abruptly end. so far at least... maybe im just thinking too much. cause they are beautiful  

Definitly. It's kind of funny how she talked about how she hates it when a song has a nice melody yet you know nothing about it after it's over.

And then she puts out songs with dramatic names/choruses like  "Let Me Love You Like A Woman" and "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" and after the song ends, you still don't really know what she meant. The songs are nice (even though LMLY is a bit boring), yet it kind of feels like she just came up with those big titles and then could not really make up a fitting storyline for the verses :rip:  Of course there are some vague theories and I think it's totally ok that her lyrics are not too much "on the nose", yet I still feel kind of unsatisfied with the huge gap between "loving someone like a woman" and plain chatter about wanting to leave a city with some unrelated Prince-references thrown in. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Not Chemtrails related, I don’t know if it’s been discussed, but Haley Bonar is apparently reworking Eat for Free with Lana to be featured ???

if so, I am so fucking glad!!! I thought their collab was one of the best of her NFR tour. I’m gonna put it after the Chemtrails album, making my own Deluxe haha 

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

To be fair - none of them really leaked more then like 1 week in advance if I'm not completely wrong.

I don’t remember BTD or UV and wasn’t as « rabid fan » back then than I am today. HM leaked the week before because of the UO listenings and the HQ leak happened a few days after. LFL leaked through a Canadian store selling it earlier a few days before. NFR leaked two weeks early with Cassette Girl. 
Like you said, it’s not that bad when it comes to her records. Her singles or unreleased, on the other hand... ?

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

you made a good point, it could be worse, but it's still kinda underwhelming for me

Spoiler

that tablecloth :awkney:

Spoiler

and val sitting in the middle :eartha2:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

3 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

The covers you mentioned matched the music, though. This cover is literally an Instagram photo of her and her friends - half of them (including her, if you check the high res) aren't even looking at the camera and she's not in the centre/a prominent position. It's an objectively bad choice for an album cover for those reasons. A cover is supposed to draw you in and I'd walk right past that in a record store because it looks like an album for some sort of weird foot-tapping, mouth organ-playing amateur band from Kansas or some shit. 

I don't like the PH cover either, but the idea behind it was that it would leave it to the listener to create their own mental imagery free of any pre-conceived ideas. 

Had COCC been called "Instagram Bitch" then that cover would actually be quite a clever and fitting choice, but it isn't. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

21 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t remember BTD or UV and wasn’t as « rabid fan » back then than I am today. HM leaked the week before because of the UO listenings and the HQ leak happened a few days after. LFL leaked through a Canadian store selling it earlier a few days before. NFR leaked two weeks early with Cassette Girl. 
Like you said, it’s not that bad when it comes to her records. Her singles or unreleased, on the other hand... ?

To be fair, she hasn’t had a single actually leak since love!

i thinks we’ll hear the album about a week early max 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

To be fair, she hasn’t had a single actually leak since love!

i thinks we’ll hear the album about a week early max 

Google leaked The Greatest a week early or something

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream