Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i had the nuttiest dream about the white dress video being an epic 10-min long saga that made me cry...i know that's not what we're getting for the vid but appreciate my subconscious trying to "leak" the experience two weeks early :lmao::crying:

aOaIzH2.gif

16 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

because you're SO much more knowledgable than I am, I decided to give it a Google search. Care to explain why almost every source considers "acoustic" and "unplugged" to be interchangeable? 

Like I said in my previous comment, there is always a certain degree of flexibility. Some people consider acoustic to mean basically just guitar, piano (and sometimes drums). Others use the word unplugged for that kind of setting. But even in that case, some electronic instruments are allowed (listen to Nirvana's Unplugged, sometimes electric guitar is used; listen to Alicia Keys' Unplugged, sometimes a fender rhodes is used). If Beach House performed a song with just a classic guitar and a drum machine, would you consider it acoustic or not? 

6 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Like I said in my previous comment, there is always a certain degree of flexibility. Some people consider acoustic to mean basically just guitar, piano (and sometimes drums). Others use the word unplugged for that kind of setting. But even in that case, some electronic instruments are allowed (listen to Nirvana's Unplugged, sometimes electric guitar is used; listen to Alicia Keys' Unplugged, sometimes a fender rhodes is used). If Beach House performed a song with just a classic guitar and a drum machine, would you consider it acoustic or not? 

LMLYLAW is not an acoustic song. Not with that bridge. Not with thy synths and the organ. It's folk pop or whatever but it's not acoustic

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The bits and pieces from the mojo interview I looked at finally made me exited for the album. Can't wait to hear what she sings in DBJAG

That said, the title track and LMLYLAW are both still unlistenable to me

Since were talking about acoustics, I hope Lana covers this at some point

maybe a hidden track on cocc? manifesting

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Btw, has anyone noticed the tiny squeak sound in their right earphone during lmlylaw?? It plays at 1:47 after the line 'I guess I could manage if you stay'  (sorry, if ap, I only discovered it just now)

I checked the official video, the audio vid, the song on Apple Music, they all have it 

8 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Since were talking about acoustics, I hope Lana covers this at some point

maybe a hidden track on cocc? manifesting

but imagine the collapse if she covered where did you sleep last night... :pray2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

11 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

:bebe: i just want wah wah guitars y'all

honestly same. i want that surfy, grungy heavy electric guitars

ooo i want electric wah wah guitars but somehow incorporated with violins or violas

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lana, please, release White Dress so people stop fighting over whether or not instruments make music. :krylie:

On another note, LMLYLAW's simplicity makes it amazing.You don't have to sugarcoat your words to express your most beautiful feelings. The instrumental just echoes how vulnerable and sincere she is, without drowning in multiple layers of drama or whatever. I'm too lazy to develop, but dare I say I love that song with all my little heart. :lolliney:

17 minutes ago, cellophane said:

Btw, has anyone noticed the tiny squeak sound in their right earphone during lmlylaw?? It plays at 1:47 after the line 'I guess I could manage if you stay'  (sorry, if ap, I only discovered it just now)

I checked the official video, the audio vid, the song on Apple Music, they all have it 

omg yes lol

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

"dark but just a game mixes portishead, ricky nelson's song garden party and allen ginsberg's poem howl into a potent statement of defiance" :oopna:

definitely will be a statement then... https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/49303/howl :hype:

She recited this poem in tropico omh