Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'd be okay with one interlude, like a spoken-word poem with Jack's music (it really would be a preview of the audio book - or is it audio books?). Something that snaps, like Patent Leather, and that didn't make the cut with the books. It could be a good transition to «the new era» of her career.

But if there's none, I'm super fine with that: we're about to get a lot of «poetry Lana» in the next months-year. 

I doubt she will go down the angry - sassy - dark road again. Looks like she’s over that. I think this is going to be a lot more pensive, given the current situation. I do hope it’s not going to be too similar to HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI because - as much as I love that song - it would be a lot to take and definitely not what we have grown accustomed to. But then again, I think she is going back to songwriting/acoustic territory. Maybe she and Jack are trying to carve something out of that NFR surfy-ish sound (like we heard in Patent Leather) , it could be that they are working on refining the sound to make it a proper concept album. ‍♂

unfortunately you're very right  :crai:  i don't mind the singer-songwriter type stuff - actually HIADT is one of my fav tracks on NFR! and i love her stuff as May Jailer - but i would really love to hear her fully explore a more dark and sinister sound, especially since COCC as a title implies something pretty interesting, and it would be a bit different as opposed to just NFR! Part Two.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

unfortunately you're very right :crai: i don't mind the singer-songwriter type stuff - actually HIADT is one of my fav tracks on NFR! and i love her stuff as May Jailer - but i would really love to hear her fully explore a more dark and sinister sound, especially since COCC as a title implies something pretty interesting, and it would be a bit different as opposed to just NFR! Part Two.

Personally I wouldn’t mind a more refined NFR 2.0 - I have always regarded NFR as a great record but with odd tracks to it like cinnamon , doing time and how to disappear that don’t fit the overall sound.

NFR could be the new honeymoon, kinda pensive and anaesthetic, lots of reverb, yum yum.

Also a “question for the culture” lol - I love NFR (just want to put it out there) but I can’t help but think that lyrically it’s just ok? whereas the critics have especially praised the songwriting here. What am I not getting? Like born to die had lyrics like “You said I was the most exotic flower”, Ultraviolence had stuff like “yet still inside I felt alone for reasons unknown to me” , honeymoon had “there are roses in between my thighs” like shit was poetic ?

Man , critics are just a bunch of wankers jerking off to each other’s opinion, I stand by that.

Personally I wouldn’t mind a more refined NFR 2.0 - I have always regarded NFR as a great record but with odd tracks to it like cinnamon , doing time and how to disappear that don’t fit the overall sound.

NFR could be the new honeymoon, kinda pensive and anaesthetic, lots of reverb, yum yum.

Also a “question for the culture” lol - I love NFR (just want to put it out there) but I can’t help but think that lyrically it’s just ok? whereas the critics have especially praised the songwriting here. What am I not getting? Like born to die had lyrics like “You said I was the most exotic flower”, Ultraviolence had stuff like “yet still inside I felt alone for reasons unknown to me” , honeymoon had “there are roses in between my thighs” like shit was poetic ?

Man , critics are just a bunch of wankers jerking off to each other’s opinion, I stand by that.

critics on NFR confused lyricism with content.

they didn't like what she was writing about on her earlier records cause she wasn't some cookie-cutter "boss bitch" pop star the masses could easily digest. so they said the lyrics were bad. the lyrics were amazing, they just didn't approve of the story those lyrics were telling. 

on NFR they finally approved of what her message was, so they pretend the actual lyrics themselves were groundbreaking and poetic. when honestly, i think NFR was her most lyrically uninspired record. maybe abandoning the flowery-ness of her older songwriting was an intentional choice, but those songs were fucking beautiful lol. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Haven't posted in forever, but I'm back!

I've been thinking about the vibe of this album, and I was feeling a NFR 2.0 as well. I don't see this going down a UV road. UV was a response to a lot of criticism (from BTD) that pissed her off. She's more established now.

One thing I've been thinking about is how her music has become more accessible. The sounds and vibes of it. I don't think she'll go down the BTD road, but thinking of LFL and NFR and even her Charlie's Angels song, maybe she will try something more radio-friendly? It feels like she's passed that, but I find her more recent records flirt with the idea of commercial or a bit more mainstream (especially with Jack as producer). 

Regardless, I'm excited for this upcoming album because nothing has leaked, so there is no telling where she could go.  

Haven't posted in forever, but I'm back!

I've been thinking about the vibe of this album, and I was feeling a NFR 2.0 as well. I don't see this going down a UV road. UV was a response to a lot of criticism (from BTD) that pissed her off. She's more established now.

One thing I've been thinking about is how her music has become more accessible. The sounds and vibes of it. I don't think she'll go down the BTD road, but thinking of LFL and NFR and even her Charlie's Angels song, maybe she will try something more radio-friendly? It feels like she's passed that, but I find her more recent records flirt with the idea of commercial or a bit more mainstream (especially with Jack as producer).

Regardless, I'm excited for this upcoming album because nothing has leaked, so there is no telling where she could go.

Mainstream is defo NOT what I would like to hear. Her mainstream choices were all bad (lust for life? don’t call me ankle, uh no) - we will be heavily disappointed if she does that. I for one will most definitely be. Lust for life was the most mainstream I could take and ugh was it hard to swallow

Since the topic is album vibes based on the title... 

When the album title was WHF, it gave me BTD+LFL vibes. Now COCC, for some reason, gives me HM+LFL vibes...

I wish it was more like HM+UV/NFR tho :(

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

hoping that White Hot Forever is the opening track, COTCC is the second track, n Let Me Love You Like a Woman is the closing track 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Some possible COCC predictions:

Season Of The Witch, Looking For America - acoustic heavenly layered vocals. Reverb! But I’m not sure this would fit something like COCC. Maybe her next album after this and she could include those country songs she did with Jack, and her cover of End Of The World would tie everything in so nicely!

Doin’ Time - fun but still dark pop, it was kinda reminiscent of BTD for me but still a fresh sound. I wouldn’t mind a whole album like this

Cinnamon Girl, Love Song, Venice Bitch, but mostly Cinnamon Girl - NFR 2.0 (this is what I was thinking too .... if we are all feeling this we better be careful not to manifest it ugh. Quick everybody think of something else lmfao) but the titles of what she’s told us so far just scream NFR to me......... -__-

When it was still called White Hot Forever it was giving me such Untouchable 5 energy :defeated:

OR Lust For Life demo - I think bc the original album sounds so different from what we got, she might not have felt the emotional release when it was actually released. The sentiments felt really contrived, so when she was performing them, it probably still didn’t feel right. Maybe she still needs to get this off her chest. Plus I think sonically, this is what fits the name Chemtrails Over The Country Club the most, for me at least

UbsOye5.png

so many good songs underrated, like sad girl, Art Deco, Swan song, Blackest day, Heroin, 13 beaches, cinnamon girl. Give us a deep mood album sis

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

so many good songs underrated, like sad girl, Art Deco, Swan song, Blackest day, Heroin, 13 beaches, cinnamon girl. Give us a deep mood album sis

Only Art Deco and Swan Song are underrated. The other ones not, I’d say

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

i would be really dissapointed if lana continues to appeal to the mainstream and plays it safer, some of her best work was more out of the box and experimental, not afraid to take artistic risk. i think nfr was more well received by critics and the general public, partly because it was a lot more surface level and conventional than her previous work, excluding lfl. that's not to say it isn't a good album, it is a great album, but do i think it's her best body of work? no, i do not. some of this just boils down to my own personal opinion, but i appreciate art more when it's experimental, out of the box, when it takes risks, i don't think nfr does that all that much and i think for that reason, it's a lot more accessable to people. 

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

People worrying she might go mainstream and play it safe, have already forgotten the May debacle it appears :thumb: 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

People worrying she might go mainstream and play it safe, have already forgotten the May debacle it appears :thumb:

i was gonna bring this up  :defeated: i have to be optimistic that she really means what she said and that she doesn't want to censor herself, and her posting tropico gifs at least assures us that she isn't completely abandoning that side of her artistry, but we can never be sure with lana, and sometimes seeing her with her matcha influencer friends gives me a lot of doubts, i wonder if her friends even really listen to her music, not that they really have to, but it's just a thought i have sometimes. 

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

if she goes country (Hey blue baby is something i want to forget) or Hope is a dangerous.. type of sound im gonna be disappointed. Not like i have something against ballads. Video games is iconic. But it has so many layers. i cant stand songs with only piano as instrumentals. I just cant. I think I listened to Hope nad Happiness like two times. I wish she would do something big on cocc, like Ride or Y&b type of big but i have a terrible feeling its gonna be album full of ballads since shes more into poetry now...

I wonder how her May posts will translate on COCC and how critics could see « controversy » in that chapter of life ... She is heartbroken and can’t live without her man (which is mostly not what female pop is about these days)? That she is fragile / sad-depressed on the verge of attempting suicide? That she is deeply in love with her man and needs him?

So many questions... Hope we get something in July!!!!

if she goes country (Hey blue baby is something i want to forget) or Hope is a dangerous.. type of sound im gonna be disappointed. Not like i have something against ballads. Video games is iconic. But it has so many layers. i cant stand songs with only piano as instrumentals. I just cant. I think I listened to Hope nad Happiness like two times. I wish she would do something big on cocc, like Ride or Y&b type of big but i have a terrible feeling its gonna be album full of ballads since shes more into poetry now...

I agree with you with the « minimal » production. I don’t mind a song with piano only, and I love that she chose that direction for NFR for a couple of songs. But COCC overall needs to go bolder and bigger, production wise.

I wonder if she will address the industry on this album, because based on her recent rants, she is holding onto a lot of anger and resentment about how they treated her in the past.

Besides Money Power and Glory and Fucked My Way, she never really seems to address the industry/other artists in songs (except for the Kanye name drop in the Greatest). Unless it’s reference to a relationship like the jabs she took at G Eazy.

There have been implications/ speculations made in interviews and online about things she’s seen in the industry (ex. Harvey Weinstein coming onto her) and she herself has confirmed she’s seen some fucked up shit behind the scenes.

So talking about those experiences + her obvious dislike for a handful of other pop stars could be good for the album. Obviously dissing ariana grande isn’t gonna win her any popularity points, but referencing these types of things could hopefully bring some fire to the album that NFR was lacking.

When Lana remixes Barbie Tingz and hits us with the “let’s be real, all you bitches wanna look like me” bars >>>>

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me