Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I really really like “Chemtrails Over the Country Club” as a title. It’s weird, mysterious, extravagant and yet incredibly captivating.
“White Hot Forever”, on the contrary, means everything and nothing at the same time: it’s dull, just like Amy Foster. Sue me. :hoe:

Chemtrails Over the Country Club is personally my favourite album title from her. It’s so Lynchian. And the juxtaposition of something luxurious like country clubs and something ominous like chemtrails kinda reminds me of how Lana described Ultraviolence as a title.

YES.

B01C43A7296444A39131F71DB.jpeg&type=jpeg

Chemtrails Over the Country Club is personally my favourite album title from her. It’s so Lynchian. And the juxtaposition of something luxurious like country clubs and something ominous like chemtrails kinda reminds me of how Lana described Ultraviolence as a title.

Yes. I love that title too, just like White Hot Forever. They both have advantages. While Chemtrails Over the Country Club is more pictorial, White Hot Forever sounds more relaxed and it's less try-hard(?) imo

I kind of agree, but please don't forget the hype NFR has gotten across all demographics. Sooo many straight guys listened to it and loved it, it was in so many "best albums of the year" (I think even decade?) lists and it has been more popular on social media than any of her albums before. Last year it was cool to be an NFR fan. I think that album has actually helped her get recognized in other than her normal demographics, even though her older albums are still often dismissed as "boring". I truly believe that hype could carry on to COCC and many people outside the fanbase will be excited to hear it, but maybe the Question for the Culture made her uncool again, so you could still be right in the end. I guess we'll see in (hopefully) a month.

It's so beautiful imo, it would have been my favourite album title of hers. On an instagram poll 70% liked WHF better btw. I think it immediately gives you a feel for the album, whereas when I first heard Chemtrails Over the Country Club I rlly didn't have any clue at all what to expect.

sadly you kinda share my thoughts! i think she was very highly favoured during NFR, and if she kept that momentum up she could've been coming into this era really strong in the court of public opinion - but then the dreaded Question happened and yeah  :toofloppy:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Honestly I wasn't a fan of the COCC album title at first but it has grown on me a lot, and I really am a slut for juxtapositions :hooker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana is all about contrasts, cycles and juxtapositions. COCC is of course very LDR but always developing!

Also, as someone whose entire family lives in country clubs, can't wait to visit them and listen to this by the pool :creep:

I want TJF so bad... I feel like it's gonna be the Cinnamon Gal on COCC

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

imo, Chemtrails Over The Country Club is just using the “camp” aspect attributed to NFR! and taking it to an extreme, honestly this could be like as good as Honeymoon & UV.

It’s always the albums she spends the least time on that turn out to be her best, she has less time to second guess herself and give in to third party opinions

imo, Chemtrails Over The Country Club is just taking the “camp” aspect people got from NFR! And taking it to an extreme, therefore this could be like as good as Honeymoon & UV.

It’s always the albums she spends the least time on that turn out to be her best, she has less time to second guess herself and give in to third party opinions

:awkney: true she ruins almost everything that she spends too much time working on

RVhKIwP.gif

I think Chemtrails is also my favorite title. I was so disappointed when she announced WHF as the album title because it sounds super bland, generic and basic. But COCC evoques lots of imagery in your head, it has lots of potential as a concept and it brings a sense of doom that's very fitting for 2020. By far my favorite title, I really hope she comes through with the visuals, I'd love if she did something like the Bartender video but better.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I like to think that Lizzy and Lana are two sides of the same coin. I mean, they're not two separate people, but neither the same person. Therefore, there's an inner and profound connection between the two of them that shows a change - development if you like - over time.

As Elizabeth herself says in her song, she is "blurring the lines between real and the fake". And the fact that these entities present themeselves as distinct and well-rounded characters doesn't necessarily imply they can't also merge together. They can either shine in absolute singleness or mix things up.

(Let's remember what happens in "Doing Time": when Lana comes off the screen, she's reaching for her blonde counterpart, Lizzy, then the two meet and help each other, but in the end, once again, they split up!).

I hope that COCC - as well as any of her future albums - will continue to give us a glimpse of this ambiguous and yet brilliant relationship.

:hooker:

B01C43A7296444A39131F71DB.jpeg&type=jpeg