Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

It's not a surprise, and it's not low-key, either. It's no-key at this point. 

Well by the sounds of it most of you will be surprised if it actually comes out on the 5th. Also strangely you don’t know if it’s a low-key release or not yet as it’s not out.

i'm kinda wondering what the album'll b like if it's supposedly being released before the 11th. 

this seems like a dream pre release to a lot of users on here, post n go's, no snippet teasing, closer date business etc. 
a confirmation would clear so much up. but I really don't even think anything'd come up much if that release formula was going to be followed. 

UV/Honeymoon

A surprise would suggest we didn't know the album existed, she has given us the album title, a potential release date and a teaser of a single. This is no longer a surprise drop! 

There's no way this album is coming on the 4th... Like I've said before, her team and label won't want to miss out on the physical first week sales. We all know there'll be 5 vinyl variants, 4 cassettes, CDs with exclusive posters etc. I'm hoping we'll still get the album in September, right now though I imagine it'll be later in the month - if not early October.

8 minutes ago, bored said:

A surprise would suggest we didn't know the album existed, she has given us the album title, a potential release date and a teaser of a single. This is no longer a surprise drop! 

There's no way this album is coming on the 4th... Like I've said before, her team and label won't want to miss out on the physical first week sales. We all know there'll be 5 vinyl variants, 4 cassettes, CDs with exclusive posters etc. I'm hoping we'll still get the album in September, right now though I imagine it'll be later in the month - if not early October.

Vinyls and cassettes for LFL didn't come out until October so I wouldn't rule 9/5 out purely based on that theory

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

5 minutes ago, bored said:

Even if it was released in October - which I don’t wish for but if it happens what can I do? -  it would still be pretty amazing to have two records in 13-14 months. It would be very hard to trust anything she says if she delays the album though. 

what are the weeks of September and October looking like, release wise? Who is releasing when? Maybe a streaming release only the first week of Sept 4-5 only could be less “damaging” than to pit her against some big name releasing the same day? 

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Even if it was released in October - which I don’t wish for but if it happens what can I do? -  it would still be pretty amazing to have two records in 13-14 months. It would be very hard to trust anything she says if she delays the album though. 

what are the weeks of September and October looking like, release wise? Who is releasing when? Maybe a streaming release only the first week of Sept 4-5 only could be less “damaging” than to pit her against some big name releasing the same day? 

To me it’s fairly clear she doesn’t care who’s releasing on the same week or if the album goes #1

6 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

To me it’s fairly clear she doesn’t care who’s releasing on the same week or if the album goes #1

it’s super hard to know what strategy is best for her because we aren’t present behind closed doors. And anyone who would reread my numerous posts qu’ils think that I contradict myself more often than not because I honestly don’t know what is Interscope’s “endgame” with her anymore. She doesn’t care for a number 1 album at all, but I wonder if they still do, which was something they always wanted, based on their official promo statements (“She reached number last year with LFL”, “the number one album UV”, etc.). Even with Norman, they had their hopes up I guess and it didn’t happen at all. She’s doing well over streaming Over time, she got critical acclaim with Norman... I don’t know if they “changed their strategy” with her or not. 

Do you guys think she said september 5th because the album is actually coming on the 4th and that would be her ''surprise release''? :rip:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

2 minutes ago, drugsandroses said:

istg if Sept 5 comes and goes, and Lana doesn't say anything... The meltdowns.

On the “bright side”, she will have to say something on that date or in the days surrounding it if there really is a delay. I’d be super disappointed if the date didn’t come through mostly because it would make it hard to believe anything she says (it already is, but solid dates Revealed on social media and snippets pretty much always came through). 

27 minutes ago, Body Electrician said:

Vinyls and cassettes for LFL didn't come out until October so I wouldn't rule 9/5 out purely based on that theory

The cassette was available on release for me in the UK? And I'm pretty sure for NFR! all the variants were available on release week.

Also, Lust For Life, was like 2017, so didn't the sales from the pre-orders still count towards first week sales?

Maybe what Lana meant with a surprise release is that before the 5th there will be no cover or tracklist reveal, no snippets, no promo, no singles, etc. so that the music itself will be a surprise. That would fit with her going low key this time. Of course that makes now no sense with the TJF snippet :makeup: 

1 minute ago, bored said:

The cassette was available on release for me in the UK? And I'm pretty sure for NFR! all the variants were available on release week.

For Norman, everything was available on release (and sometimes way before lol).

for LFL, vinyls weren’t ready on release. Don’t know about the cassettes. The CD were ready too on release day (this is how we got our HQ leaks that time around: a store sold them two or three days before schedule). 

3 minutes ago, bored said:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

For Norman, everything was available on release (and sometimes way before lol).

for LFL, vinyls weren’t ready on release. Don’t know about the cassettes. The CD were ready too on release day (this is how we got our HQ leaks that time around: a store sold them two or three days before schedule). 

Weren’t some vinyls/cassettes only available in Europe and not the US? Or vice verse?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I still truly think the album is coming the 4th/5th or at least in September. She put it in writing at the end of her question for the culture post, which everyone read, not just fans. And putting it in writing in such an important post makes it seem more definite. (Also, I kinda think she meant the 4th and forgot that August has 31 days, but that’s just me)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688