Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Petition to make @IanadeIrey’s cover art the official one. Get it to Lana. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Sept 5th is the day I get back from a very exhausting study trip, so here's how it's gonna go:

The album drops at midnight on Spotify, whether she says anything about it before then or not. I wake up on the 5th after a good sleep, listen to it and fall in love with her music and lyricism again. More than half the album makes it into the better half of her discography. In fact, no, all the songs do. Then this whole album becomes my anthem for the rest of the year while I'm writing my thesis and even though it may not reach the level of Honeymoon and Ultraviolence, the album WILL be on par with MAC, Venice Bitch, 13 Beaches and Cherry :flutter:

15 minutes ago, irvnex said:

I'm sorry but I would choose a rollout like nfr's one over this a thousand times... I'm not even excited anymore

Okay I think the frustration is def valid here, the lack of information is annoying. However, the NFR roll out was messy and dragged on for an entire year. It turned off a lot of fans by how unprofessionnally and unplanned the whole thing came about.

We've only really been officially aware about this album for less than two months now. We're all eager for sure, but this is not that bad.

Agreed that it'd be great to have more than an album announcement in a messy/controversial open letter on Instagram and a now archived snippet. But I'd never want the NFR roll out for any further albums tbh.

Have we given up on something happening this coming Friday? I mean, two weeks before release in our digital age is a pretty decent time to announce an album and make the first single available. 

August has officially been my most counterproductive month for two years in a row now because of NFR and COCC. Some days I get so excited thinking about the possibility of a new record coming soon (only 17!!!!! days from now if all goes well) that I actually feel my heart going faster. Send help.

Lana I just need a confirmation please end this suffering I have a thesis to write. 

49 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

honestly I rlly wouldn’t be surprised if the rollout was similar to folklore 

but it's a different experience 

no one knew about folklore

so... recap- 

poetry came out. still haven't read, bc personally just stubborn to wanting to hold the book first. were there any possible clues to that, when talking about the album? 
sept 5th release from her insta post. 
mentioned TJF twice, 2 posts, other one removed- maybe a good solution for those not wanting to over-hear it. 
her bro was taking photos of her, and was recording her over the music. 

since then, we've imploded over the 5/8 date, which turned out to be true-ish, like a day or so after.
no cover,  no announcements. no teasing, aside from the 2 posts. 

/

thoughts: 
- mindset from her controversial post, indicates a back to roots, or at least a more uninhibited tone/attitude. 
- hanging w her friends A LOT, good for her. maybe a bartender/friend track. 

campaigning still: 
a folklore type of release when it comes to vinyls. 
martini on fire shoot, UO alt cover. 
off white pearlescent, amber variant, marble/splattered look. or maroon, based off the snippet. 

I personally don't really think the rantings hold much objective warrant bc she mentioned Sept, and we should just wait til the calendar gets there. wish we got more stuff too, but I mean, she said what she said, and there's nothing much to it. maybe as we get closer to it?

wondering if this'll be like a mesh of lfl and hm. in how it'd be nice to see the identity-based forte that HM had, w how socially ambitious and open lfl was. personally'd want some kind of btd energy, that and more of a hip-hop sound. though really at the end of the day, i just wanna know how she'll change the overall soundscape/ influence others again.

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, JehovahThikness said:

honestly I rlly wouldn’t be surprised if the rollout was similar to folklore 

i don’t follow taylors updates because i’m hardly a fan, but did we know anything about folklore prior to its release? or was this just out of no where for taylor fans?

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

10 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

i don’t follow taylors updates because i’m hardly a fan, but did we know anything about folklore prior to its release? or was this just out of no where for taylor fans?

Out of nowhere. Some little hints only. 

giphy.gif

My expectations (which is are probably completely wrong but yolo) is a shadow drop on streaming sites on Sept5 with orders for physicals same day

it just kinda feels that way, especially with the lockdown and everything happening. She released her poetry book in streaming form before physical so it’s not like she hasn’t done it before

and maybe cause it is a quarantine album she will just shadowdrop it like folklore.

i mean she’s definitely not going to shadowdrop it, I wouldn’t bet on it. But a boy can pretend

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />