Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

14 minutes ago, bored said:

Also, lets say Nicole Nodland is back on the scene and was shooting the album art with Lana last week etc. I imagine that would be more costly than Chuck and her iPhone? It seems like the label could potentially have intervened and who knows whats happening behind the scenes.

It's in their best interest to make this album a success, there could be a potential delay in order to film last minute things like visuals, trailers etc. And to get physical copies printed and ready to go.

Y’all have to remember that as of right now artists are on this kick to just put music out there ASAP without the physical releases due to corona. Especially in the US where it’s still heavy artists are eager to get an easy #1 with streaming and digital sales. Taylor has multiple exclusive vinyls up for folklore but those don’t ship until 16 weeks. I feel as if many labels understand the tough climate with physical copies and don’t mind just a digital release for now. Because honestly that’s the thing to do right now

giphy.gif

In a dream world she's purposefully delayed Chemtrails til early October so that we get a special 5th anniversary edition of Honeymoon, featuring demos, unreleased material and scrapped visuals.

But yeah, we'll probably just get a screenshot of one Neil's photos off of google with a few flower emojis.

3 minutes ago, bored said:

Yeah, obviously all live shows scheduled were cancelled due to the pandemic, but didn't Lana cancel her tour before that? I'm pretty sure she had a sold out UK tour and she cancelled in like February? Obviously it wouldn't have went ahead either way but I dunno whether that will effect her bookings in the future or whether it will be forgotten. And I agree, that festivals are definitely the best scenario for her. 

And as for the money thing, Interscope have given her a lot of freedom and that's something some artists would die for, but when you like at what her peers are doing, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga for example (I know they're more pop / mainstream than Lana) but they're all signed to the same label and Gaga is of a similar age. Both Gomez and Gaga have had #1 albums this year with #1 singles attached. And both albums were well received. They're surely gonna expect some element of success and return from Lana.

That’s the thing with Lana though: she is so different from all of her piers and is so tough to “categorize”. She is in her own little box, in between alt, pop and singer-songwriter... and I don’t know if Interscope “gets” that... She has to have some success... but to expect her to be as successful as some of their pop artists seems a bit delusional on their part if that is what they wish for. 

3 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Y’all have to remember that as of right now artists are on this kick to just put music out there ASAP without the physical releases due to corona. Especially in the US where it’s still heavy artists are eager to get an easy #1 with streaming and digital sales. Taylor has multiple exclusive vinyls up for folklore but those don’t ship until 16 weeks. I feel as if many labels understand the tough climate with physical copies and don’t mind just a digital release for now. Because honestly that’s the thing to do right now

I understand this, but Taylor's CD copies of folklore are available now? Or at least in the UK. I know they were delayed a week, but that was because it was a surprise release. Also, Lana doesn't have that sort of fanbase and surely it would be in the labels best interest to have physical copies available to purchase (CDs) and pre-order (LPs etc) alongside the digital release?

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

That’s the thing with Lana though: she is so different from all of her piers and is so tough to “categorize”. She is in her own little box, in between alt, pop and singer-songwriter... and I don’t know if Interscope “gets” that... She has to have some success... but to expect her to be as successful as some of their pop artists seems a bit delusional on their part if that is what they wish for. 

Hmm, I think they understand where she fits. Obviously it's highly unlikely Lana is gonna get a #1 hit single like the artists I mentioned, but a #1 album wouldn't be impossible, she's had them before. Surely, they should know that she's not mainstream enough to be able to release a surprise album and succeed. And they're surely gonna want success? That's why I still believe that this album is delayed and will come with a pre-order etc. 

Maybe they're gonna do a Taylor Swift / Katy Perry and announce a flash sale 1 week before release. Only available for 1 week with the album dropping on the 4th.

I know we’re all counting on a Nicole photo shoot but the imagery I get from Chemtrails Over the Countryclub just screams Neil Krug to me. Like, he would be perfect. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Yesterday I messaged HMV and asked if they had any plans on stocking COCC anytime soon and they said this:

After having a look we are afraid this title is not currently listed in our catalogue. :sadcore:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think that Charlie’s aesthetic would fit my perceptions about COCC: a post apocalyptic feeling of doom with sinister and distorted imagery, dark and gloomy tones too... throw in some sort of glamour element and it’ll be perfect!
Like hyper-styled glamorous Lana in a context of decadence...

Nicole could depict very well that kind of luxury and opulence with her ultra glossy, patinated style... 

So a mix of the two would be ideal, to me.

But, at the end of the day, I think it’s going to be a very minimal, home made era under the visual department.

Lanarat.png

So heres what vibe i get from this album: trippy chill trap songs in lust for life style, space witchy aesthetic (lana said this album is inspired by astrology), topics from uv coming back. And heres what we will get: 6 identical chuck music videos from lanas yard that have nothing to do with albums aesthetic.

15 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

heres what we will get: 6 identical chuck music videos from lanas yard that have nothing to do with albums aesthetic.

Probably.

Lanarat.png

i have a feeling she might of scraped the astrology idea, it doesn't fit the chemtrails / country club aesthetic. she mentioned the astrology themes really early on, it's very well likely she could of switched things up, as she usually does. but with lana you never really know. 

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e