Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

You know the one produced by Grimes, Has a Florence Welch feature, and It has Hey Blue Baby & Hollywood...

photo-7179.jpg

7 minutes ago, ParadiseFreak said:

There is no accounting for taste.  Paradise was a peak that has yet to be topped.  Cola, Gods & Monsters, Ride, Body Electric.  Peak Lana.  I love UV and HM a lot, but Paradise is right up there with them - and as a stand-alone body of work, I'd take it over BTD any day.  But I agree that NFR is "boring and forgettable" though.  Every few months I decide I should give it another chance and don't make it past a couple songs before giving up again.

photo-7179.jpg

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

anyways to stay on topic, do y’all think we’ll get another video after White Dress? I could see her recycling the alleged footage from Yosemite but am unsure tbh

i would love another video but i'm not sure for which track. maybe for TJF yosemite or BUS (idk they might want to do a little casual thing and lana posted those pictures of her possibly in nikki's vintage shop and commented on a post sort of about it)?? but i have no idea, i can't imagine any other song having a mv because i don't know how it'd fit 

sUcVobB.png

Question for the Chemtrails Pre-Release Thread:

Now that ParadiseFreak, naachoboy, ContemplatingGod and littleredpartydress have had hit opinions about Paradise, Norman Fucking Rockwell, Relevancy, my music taste etc - can I please go back to posting about being bored, feeling sleepy by listening to the album even if it has three good songs, or that Lust for Life is superior - or whatever I want -without being crucified or saying that I'm glamorizing Paradise Slander??????

Im fed up with Lana stans saying that I glamorize Paradise hate when in reality I'm just a tasteful person posting about the realities of what we are all now seeing are very forgettable songs all over the album. With all of the topics Lana stans are finally allowed to explore I just want to say over the last ten years I think it's pathetic that my minor Paradise exploration detailing my sometimes boring experiences in my posts has often made people say I’ve set Lana stans back hundreds of years. Let this be clear, I'm not not a Paradise stan -but there has to be a place in Paradise slander for Lana stans who look and act like me - the kind of Lana stan who says no but BTD stans hear yes- the kind of Lana stans who are slated mercilessly for being their authentic, delicate selves, The kind of Lana stans who get their own stories and voices taken away from them by stronger Lana stans.

I've been honest and optimistic about the challenging replies I've had. News flash! That's just how it is for many Lana stans. And that was sadly my experience up until the point that those posts were made. So I just want to say it's been a long 10 years of bullshit replies up until recently and I've learned a lot from them but I also feel it really paved the way for other Lana stans to stop 'putting on a happy face' and to just be able to say whatever the hell they wanted to in their posts- unlike my experience where if I even expressed a note of sadness in my posts, I was deemed literally hysterical as though it was literally the 2012s Anyways none of this has anything to do about much but I'll be detailing some of my feelings in my next two posts in this thread with the Born to Die slander and 'LFL is better'. 

Thanks for reading

Happy quarantining

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

15 minutes ago, hlxon said:

Now that ParadiseFreak, naachoboy, ContemplatingGod and littleredpartydress have had hit opinions about Paradise, Norman Fucking Rockwell, Relevancy, my music taste etc - can I please go back to posting about being bored, feeling sleepy by listening to the album even if it has three good songs, or that Lust for Life is superior - or whatever I want -without being crucified or saying that I'm glamorizing Paradise Slander??????

Im fed up with Lana stans saying that I glamorize Paradise hate when in reality I'm just a tasteful person posting about the realities of what we are all now seeing are very forgettable songs all over the album. With all of the topics Lana stans are finally allowed to explore I just want to say over the last ten years I think it's pathetic that my minor Paradise exploration detailing my sometimes boring experiences in my posts has often made people say I’ve set Lana stans back hundreds of years. Let this be clear, I'm not not a Paradise stan -but there has to be a place in Paradise slander for Lana stans who look and act like me - the kind of Lana stan who says no but BTD stans hear yes- the kind of Lana stans who are slated mercilessly for being their authentic, delicate selves, The kind of Lana stans who get their own stories and voices taken away from them by stronger Lana stans.

I've been honest and optimistic about the challenging replies I've had. News flash! That's just how it is for many Lana stans. And that was sadly my experience up until the point that those posts were made. So I just want to say it's been a long 10 years of bullshit replies up until recently and I've learned a lot from them but I also feel it really paved the way for other Lana stans to stop 'putting on a happy face' and to just be able to say whatever the hell they wanted to in their posts- unlike my experience where if I even expressed a note of sadness in my posts, I was deemed literally hysterical as though it was literally the 2012s Anyways none of this has anything to do about much but I'll be detailing some of my feelings in my next two posts in this thread with the Born to Die slander and 'LFL is better'. 

Thanks for reading

Happy quarantining

no you cannot. next

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

i feel like cotcc is more similar to paradise than nfr, paradise was very cinematic and whimsical, with a heavy theme of opulence, luxury, and religion, while nfr was a lot more "down to earth" and naturistic, i think cotcc will be a more mature and introspective version of paradise, with philosophical writing and contemplating the large and mysterious world around us, which is similar to paradise

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i feel like cotcc is similar to paradise instead of nfr, paradise was very cinematic and whimsical, with a heavy theme of opulence, luxury, and religion, while nfr was a lot more "down to earth" and naturistic, i think cotcc will be a more mature and introspectic version of paradise, with philosophical writing and contemplating the large and mysterious world around us, which is similar to paradise

cocc: paradise is my father, honeymoon is my mother, norman is my bestest friend

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

im gonna get so emotional hearing this album, i didnt cry during nfr, but i cried during most of lust for life, i have that same feeling again

heroin got me the first couple times i heard it :crai:

32 minutes ago, hlxon said:

Thanks for reading

Happy quarantining

this looks like what i see when i get my vision checked :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif

When people say NFR was UV 2.0? :prettyhurts: The gays hear one flare of electric guitar and call it psychedelic :bye: Like UV is completely different from NFR, they are their own two completely distinct things and sound :uh: Like we may disagree with whether or not we liked NFR but I think we can all agree that it is literally nothing like UV :rip:

Also am I the only one who doesn't see this pattern of comparing her new albums with her old as 2.0s? Like cute, but its clear that she didn't intend on that and that these projects are their own identities. :oprah3:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

44 minutes ago, hlxon said:

Thanks for reading

Happy quarantining

Of all albums you choose paradise to attack? Bitch 

i just pressed play on white dress on itunes and the little sound bars started moving :air2: it was just a glitch... but i thought for a second i'd be the chosen one and the heavenly squeaking of white dress would bless my ears 

sUcVobB.png

5 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i just pressed play on white dress on itunes and the little sound bars started moving :air2: it was just a glitch... but i thought for a second i'd be the chosen one and the heavenly squeaking of white dress would bless my ears 

you had us in the first half :air2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123