Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Eclipse insinuated it is the same song, though I had thought@Eclipse mentioned only having heard White Dress apart from the singles, so I don’t know if they are 100 percent sure. Would love to be proven wrong thooooo

Yeah I saw the post but I didn't understand it :bebe:

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Mojos review: "Superb, Joni-tinged follow up to Norman Fucking Rockwell: 4/5"

Hide contents

"The intoxicating strain of California anomie that pervaded 2019's Norman Fucking Rockwell is still, thankfully strong on Del Rey's excellent seventh album. Indeed, Chemtrails over the Country Club initially sounds much like a straightforward equal to that album and its hazy subversions of old Hollywood chic. there is, though, a more explicit autobiographical edge, a preoccupation with notions of authenticity and, as the album progresses, a powerful expansion of Del Rey's folkier inclinations. hence country twangs (on Wild at Heart and Nikki Lane duet Breaking up Slowly) and a tentative reorientation away from manicured lawns towards wilder terrains: Yosemite and the storied canyons of LA. Neat too how she references covering Joni Michell (and Joan Baez, Stevie Nicks and Courtney Love) on the outstanding Dance Till We Die, and then does just that, with a gorgeous version of For Free. The last voice on that track is Weyes Blood, though you would be forgiven for thinking it was Joni herself. 

AHHHHH

WHERE is this share where it came from i want to see :blush3:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Hide contents

"The intoxicating strain of California anomie that pervaded 2019's Norman Fucking Rockwell is still, thankfully strong on Del Rey's excellent seventh album. Indeed, Chemtrails over the Country Club initially sounds much like a straightforward equal to that album and its hazy subversions of old Hollywood chic. there is, though, a more explicit autobiographical edge, a preoccupation with notions of authenticity and, as the album progresses, a powerful expansion of Del Rey's folkier inclinations. hence country twangs (on Wild at Heart and Nikki Lane duet Breaking up Slowly) and a tentative reorientation away from manicured lawns towards wilder terrains: Yosemite and the storied canyons of LA. Neat too how she references covering Joni Michell (and Joan Baez, Stevie Nicks and Courtney Love) on the outstanding Dance Till We Die, and then does just that, with a gorgeous version of For Free. The last voice on that track is Weyes Blood, though you would be forgiven for thinking it was Joni herself. 

AHHHHH

Thank you for this, love! So much more excited now :angie:

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Reveal hidden contents

AHHHHH

wild at heart having country twang!!!!! this WILL be my fav

also sounds like for free will have solo verses from WB and ZD.

aOaIzH2.gif

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Hide contents

AHHHHH

Damn it’s really gonna be that album isn’t it? :illumilana2:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

there's already such a psycedelic quality to this album... maybe not sonically... but thematically and intellectually... yosemite is going to be a special song, it's going to reflect a calm, peaceful state of mind, lounging in the desert with somebody you love, despite the heat and the dry terrain, you let it be something to experience and something to find the beauty in, a kind of love and peacefulness that can only be measured by something a little less practical and a little more spiritual, but you can't just define it, but you can feel it and create something beautiful out of it... 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

This album will end the pandemic mark my words. Covid cases will start to disappear March 19th--manifest this Lipsters. 

Spoiler

Lana thought she could get away with not touring this album bc of the pandemic, but I will quarantine for a hundred days and a hundred nights if it means hearing this live.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

This album will end the pandemic mark my words. Covid cases will start to disappear March 19th--manifest this Lipsters. 

Hide contents

Lana thought she could get away with not touring this album bc of the pandemic, but I will quarantine for a hundred days and a hundred nights if it means hearing this live.

jokes on u she’d never sing a new song live 

19 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Dance Till We Die being called the album standout after we all accepted it would be third rate filler :bebe:

Vindication!!! @DCooper called this and I am living for it! also yes to this whole review. So FAR AWAY but so close to heaven for us all!

WILD AT HEART COUNTRY TWANG

YEEEEEHAW @DCooper

:oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.