Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

She subconsciously catered to the critics and what the world wanted from Lana Del Rey. A woman who isn't controversial. A woman who "stays in her lane." Her best albums (Honeymoon, UV, and likely Chemtrails) have a unique, and often polarizing identity that isn't made for everyone. NFR! doesn't have an identity, as much as I love it. She even notices it herself: "there's nothing NOT to like about Norman."

I don't think that was subconscious at all really. I view 'NFR!' as a perfect PR album tbh. :lanahairflip:

37 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I believe she will start venturing more into her love of songwriting/folk alt inclinations, especially since she seems very very into  Adrianne Lenker/Big Thief 

I sincerely hope you’re correct! :wub: A project in the vein of Big Thief, or Adrianne’s abysskiss would be incredible.

Reading that review has me even more excited! Each album has been significantly different from the last, and one called Chemtrails carries a higher expectation of depth and interest behind it, and it really seems she’s going to deliver!! The shorter track list saddens me a bit (RIP for now Dealer), but I trust that it’s because each song present represents the vision succinctly. No skips, the album and story are meant to be consumed in full. Even with LMLYLAW, while it’s not my favorite song from her,  it’s grown on me a lot, and it’ll serve as a gorgeous, glimmering break from the darkness/the deepness of Chemtrails :crying4:

Just now, Dragon said:

ok but does anyone else get faint Cruel World vibes from Woman? :hair:

Not in the slightest. :headache:

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

ok but does anyone else get faint Cruel World vibes from Woman? :hair:

4 minutes ago, Max said:

Not in the slightest. :headache:

i moreso hear Beethoven's "Symphony No. 5." 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

50 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

To make up for earlier here's a tea: she doesn't say "don't be afraid of our love" in Tulsa Jesus Freak :bebe:

She def says “don’t be afraid of Lana” :hooker:

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

i moreso hear Beethoven's "Symphony No. 5." 

It honestly just reminds me of a softer version of 'Fuck it I luh ya', especially the chorus. :creep:

So considering Mojo’s 100 NFR score and Chemtrails 80 score I’m hoping this album falls in around an 83-84. I don’t expect the insane praise NFR got, though I do think I’ll personally enjoy this album more than that. I’m just hoping, on an artistry level, that’s she’s gained enough traction from the last record to maintain great scores. A handful of critics around NFR claimed that her previous records were underrated and if it’s on the same level as those I’m hoping they at least score it like they should have scored her earlier stuff. 

does anyone find it weird she acts like jack is such a genius, her creative soulmate - but all the work she’s made with him she seems so unsatisfied with like she referred to NFR as just “cool” and it’s a fight to listen to COCC?

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

does anyone find it weird she acts like jack is such a genius, her creative soulmate - but all the work she’s made with him she seems so unsatisfied with like she referred to NFR as just “cool” and it’s a fight to listen to COCC?

I don't necessarily think the two ideas are mutually exclusive

While I can't understand the inner workings of her mind, but I think she may feel a strong connection to Jack in creative spirit, but doesn't have that sense of "this record is perfect, let's put it out" that she had with Rick

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, new gods said:

maybe she knows what's up

I kinda wanted to see how the record would be if Woman was the ending track. it'd have some kind of suspense to it but. seeing as to how it's before Wild At Heart, it gives me newfound freedom vibes n i wonder if it'll start w a built up opening more slowly paced, or just continue from the abruptness. 

also, I still really like the idea of the snippet we got as TJF's /WHF's outro. it'd make it a lot more interesting imo 

UV/Honeymoon