Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Weyes Blood singing the outro to the album doesn’t sit right with me nope

I’m probably a contender for worst taste at the next lipster’s awards but I agree with this. I’ve tried to get into her and she just doesn’t do it for me. I liked their (LDR, ZD, WB) harmonies on that YouTube clip of them singing while sitting on the floor...but on her own I’m not a WB fan at all. I’ll keep trying to give her a chance but for now I ain’t feelin it :toofunny:

3 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

I’m probably a contender for worst taste at the next lipster’s awards but I agree with this. I’ve tried to get into her and she just doesn’t do it for me. I liked their (LDR, ZD, WB) harmonies on that YouTube clip of them singing while sitting on the floor...but on her own I’m not a WB fan at all. I’ll keep trying to give her a chance but for now I ain’t feelin it :toofunny:

a contender? forget that you already won let’s give conceptart47 their title

I’m not mad about Weyes Blood closing out the album, though I think it’s an interesting choice to have anyone but Lana herself do so. Titanic Rising is one of my favorite albums, so there’s some bias for sure. Love Natalie’s voice, and appreciate that she’s friends with Lana. They’re quite different musically, but both offer depth in storytelling and evoke strong emotion.

Maybe it will make sense. Our girl didn’t want to center herself (except with Neil, but even then her eyes downward) on the album cover/PD, so maybe not being focus on the album art/the last to sing presents a loose theme. Probably not lol, but I’m really curious if this is something Lana put thought into, or just seemed right when recording.

12 minutes ago, rabbit said:

I’m not mad about Weyes Blood closing out the album, though I think it’s an interesting choice to have anyone but Lana herself do so. Titanic Rising is one of my favorite albums, so there’s some bias for sure. Love Natalie’s voice, and appreciate that she’s friends with Lana. They’re quite different musically, but both offer depth in storytelling and evoke strong emotion.

Maybe it will make sense. Our girl didn’t want to center herself (except with Neil, but even then her eyes downward) on the album cover/PD, so maybe not being focus on the album art/the last to sing presents a loose theme. Probably not lol, but I’m really curious if this is something Lana put thought into, or just seemed right when recording.

immediately when I heard this I actually had 2 opinions of it. first like the rest of us we were probably thinking what why is she ending the record. mentioned bc it's important on the article(?)  and it might just be a reflection of how her fans think that she might be taking a break from music or stopping altogether. 

but what I see from it is. u know how Lana usually covers songs from other artists as closers. Well I actually think it's her sort of just passing the torch and being generous w her music by letting another girl finish the record. mothering. in a way, it's kind of selfless and could be symbolic for sharing her perspective confidently w others, aka the girls. 

I keep going back to how Bartender was sort of a bridge to this upcoming album, the mothering post, being nurtured. the call for solidarity from May. the music video. the album cover. the central theme so far about it is the fostering of love from other women and being able to be who she wants to be (so making her own definition of it). 

it's really interesting to see how everything else plays out. and i'm excited to hear what she'll be sharing with us even more. 

UV/Honeymoon

i didnt even mind the for free features but now that WB is gonna close the album i'm not so here for her

i wish i could be as optimistic as some of yall, i love the girl but i'm not really here for her friends being part of literally everything she does and being "generous" with her music by letting another girl close her record like i just want lana and lana only. :smokeney:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

HM , UV & COTCC got rated with a 80

UV standard version has 11 tracks

COTCC has 11 tracks 

COTCC is going one of her best albums confirmed....it's ready to join the holy trinity :legend:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I heard that Eclipse confirmed that White Hot Forever got reworked into TJF..is that true?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I heard that Eclipse confirmed that White Hot Forever got reworked into TJF..is that true?

so let me see...Yes To Heaven = White Hot Forever = Tulsa Jesus Freak? God this prerelease has been long...

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

6 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Dang, now I’m starting to get hyped, maybe I should’ve bought more album copies than just a vinyl lol

And I was increasingly discouraged, thinking about canceling my purchases and listening to the album first on Spotify before buying anything. ?

I can totally see why people wouldn't want the last notes of the album sung by another artist, since were all here basically for Lana right. But I LOVE weyes so for me.... :creepna3:

Also Dance Till We Die being a highlight is interesting :gasp: I was still trying to remain optimistic about her and this definitely helps a lot. But tbh I never listen to what reviewers favorite songs are, what articles say are the "best" songs. I do want her to be a great track though based off the placement. I thought that Not All Who Wander Are Lost and Dark But Just A Game were at the end and Dance Till We Die was in the middle so its interesting to see their places switched from what you would initially think.

Also Yosemite repeatedly being name dropped really proves that shes really gonna surprise us. The fact that Lana held so tightly to it for so long when she usually just forgets about her past work speaks volumes :hottie:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Count me in as disappointed about For Free having features on it. To me this is the best version of it: 

Her harmonies are so much better than the one she does with Weyes Blood and Zella Day. Wish Lana had done a full version of For Free live so I could use that as a replacement of  the album version. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day