Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m terrified shes gonna change the release date

Listen you better shut your mouth. I booked a cabin in the woods with a hot tub and a view for this release and now I’m picturing myself sitting there in the hot tub listening to fucking COACHELLA because she delayed again. :krylie:

this thread becomes more hostile each day :hype: the neverending LMLYLAW, jack, and NFR slander is becoming too much... i'd like to send jack an anthrax envelope as much as the next person (jk i don't hate him don't give me a wp i'm not actually hostile) but sometimes slander is not the most effective way to have a conversation. negative energy THRIVES in this thread right now and it's making us all insane... love you all but if you're feeling cruel just close the tab and take a nap. 

instead let's lift up what we have of COCC and CELEBRATE it!!!! our fav sunrise/sunset album - the first half being the sunrise, the second half being the sunset. our fav turquoise/green/white/sepia warmth album. :hair: 

i can't wait and we only have 20 DAYS. like less than 3 weeks. less than the time between thanksgiving and christmas. and i'll be on spring break from classes it'll be so beautiful.

sUcVobB.png

12 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

The problem with both songs from a fan standpoint is that they're lazy for LDR, things she could write in a coma or dream in the tub. If she wants to produce such tracks, that's her business. Maybe she finds writing such songs relaxing. Groupie Love, the same thing. I'm hoping things won't get any lazier on COCC than LMLYLAW. 

not you comparing a lyrical passionate masterpiece Groupie Love to Lmlylaw with 3 lines of lyrics repeated over n over

(i still love lmlylaw but lets be real)

12 minutes ago, Dyl said:

Listen you better shut your mouth. I booked a cabin in the woods with a hot tub and a view for this release and now I’m picturing myself sitting there in the hot tub listening to fucking COACHELLA because she delayed again. :krylie:

hgdfshgdf i was supposed to go to cabin in mountains for American standards n classics album release but thankfully the hotels got closed bc of covid

24 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

of course! https://www.fnac.pt/Lana-Del-Rey-Chemtrails-Over-The-Country-Club-LP-Red-Vinil-Exclusivo-Fnac-Vinil/a8418103

they haven’t updated the cover yet, but it’s for sure the Neil version (it’s the only actual red vinyl we got) and the same goes for the CD 

thank you !!!! :dance:

1 hour ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

really makes it harder to publicly stan her especially in this age of people who are feigning to be “woke”

Here's some advice for everyone: stop caring. Seriously. Why do you feel like you have to justify loving Lana to fake people who refuse to see nuance? I love Lana unapologetically and I don't give 2 fucks if some woke idiots have a problem with it. It's nice on this side.

let me be who i'm meant to be

This is my first albums cycle as a proper fan so I'm really excited for the release. It's kind of weird on here tho. Have people always been like this about her music?

Everyone is so rabid about release dates and new music, but when it actually comes out, they just complain about it and hold her to an impossibly high standard.

20 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

this thread becomes more hostile each day :hype: the neverending LMLYLAW, jack, and NFR slander is becoming too much... i'd like to send jack an anthrax envelope as much as the next person (jk i don't hate him don't give me a wp i'm not actually hostile) but sometimes slander is not the most effective way to have a conversation. negative energy THRIVES in this thread right now and it's making us all insane... love you all but if you're feeling cruel just close the tab and take a nap. 

instead let's lift up what we have of COCC and CELEBRATE it!!!! our fav sunrise/sunset album - the first half being the sunrise, the second half being the sunset. our fav turquoise/green/white/sepia warmth album. :hair: 

i can't wait and we only have 20 DAYS. like less than 3 weeks. less than the time between thanksgiving and christmas. and i'll be on spring break from classes it'll be so beautiful.

It's not 'slander,' it's just people expressing their thoughts, feelings and ideas, which of course are going to be unique and differ slightly or grossly from those of others'. That IS how you have a conversation. If I don't care for LMLYLAW and say so, I'm not attempting to offend those who like or love it. And so on. It should be interesting to all of us to know what others think and feel about the COCC title track and LMLYLAW.

I love the title track, I think it's among her very best for a number of reasons which I've stated, and while I didn't care for LMLYLAW initially, after hearing the title track, I like it more, as the title track, for me, somehow brings LMLYLAW to life. Right now, I have very high hopes for COCC the album. 

Random but I honestly feel like Breaking Up Slowly could surprise us. The “I don’t want to end up like Tammy Wynette” line revealed by Mojo wasn’t included in the brief performance (as far as I know), and I think it has the potential to be a really pretty—even if simple—ballad. 

I don’t anticipate it being in my Top 5 from COCC, but I have a feeling the studio version will be a bit more poignant and put-together 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, strange weather said:

Here's some advice for everyone: stop caring. Seriously. Why do you feel like you have to justify loving Lana to fake people who refuse to see nuance? I love Lana unapologetically and I don't give 2 fucks if some woke idiots have a problem with it. It's nice on this side.

Absolutely true and beautifully expressed---if only LDR herself would return to that attitude! I think it was either GeminiLanaFan or Bunny Mozart who coined the term "fake Woke people" here, not referring to members, but to critics (like Anne Powers) who have attacked LDR routinely and held her up to their own exactly standards, instead of LDR's own. 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Random but I honestly feel like Breaking Up Slowly could surprise us. The “I don’t want to end up like Tammy Wynette” line revealed by Mojo wasn’t included in the brief performance (as far as I know), and I think it has the potential to be a really pretty—even if simple—ballad. 

I don’t anticipate it being in my Top 5 from COCC, but I have a feeling the studio version will be a bit more poignant and put-together 

Ngl, the title alone really intrigued me! I'm very much looking forward to BUS! :wink:

31 minutes ago, Dyl said:

omg great minds i booked the exact same trip for the album release :blush3:

aOaIzH2.gif

7 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

This is my first albums cycle as a proper fan so I'm really excited for the release. It's kind of weird on here tho. Have people always been like this about her music?

Everyone is so rabid about release dates and new music, but when it actually comes out, they just complain about it and hold her to an impossibly high standard.

I’m new here and honestly I got the same impression... why everyone keep forgetting about the most important thing after all... the music itself (which is great) 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

It's not 'slander,' it's just people expressing their thoughts, feelings and ideas, which of course are going to be unique and differ slightly or grossly from those of others'. That IS how you have a conversation. If I don't care for LMLYLAW and say so, I'm not attempting to offend those who like or love it. And so on. It should be interesting to all of us to know what others think and feel about the COCC title track and LMLYLAW.

I love the title track, I think it's among her very best for a number of reasons which I've stated, and while I didn't care for LMLYLAW initially, after hearing the title track, I like it more, as the title track, for me, somehow brings LMLYLAW to life. Right now, I have very high hopes for COCC the album. 

I agree about liking LMLYLAW more after hearing COCC. When we first heard LMLYLAW we only had the boring cover art and the homemade music video. The cover art didn't really say much and the video wasn't really even a music video, just clips put together. She even said herself that WD would be the 2nd video. Now we have COCC, there's more of an aesthetic to vibe to so it makes more sense.

thinking about how most of us dont anticipate Bus that much and tbh this might be an effect of seeing lana sing it live:krylie: when i hear Bus, i see that video of lana in those cowboy boots standing in a barn while rednecks slow dance to the song. I regret watching those videos and hearing the song

2 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

I agree about liking LMLYLAW more after hearing COCC. When we first heard LMLYLAW we only had the boring cover art and the homemade music video. The cover art didn't really say much and the video wasn't really even a music video, just clips put together. She even said herself that WD would be the 2nd video. Now we have COCC, there's more of an aesthetic to vibe to so it makes more sense.

Thanks--I''m not one for an album's 'aesthetic cohesion,' which I know means a lot to a lot of LDR Stans, but in the case of COCC and LMLYLAW, I do feel they're cohesive. If that continues throughout the album with the other tracks, or most of them, that will be terrific. 

Just now, Lustformoney said:

thinking about how most of us dont anticipate Bus that much and tbh this might be an effect of seeing lana sing it live:krylie: when i hear Bus, i see lana in those cowboy boots standing in a barn while rednecks slow dance to the song. I regret watching those videos and hearing the song

:hillary:I kind of watched it once, and I clicked out of that video so fast. I have no idea why, but I really feel like this song is gonna surprise.

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

thinking about how most of us dont anticipate Bus that much and tbh this might be an effect of seeing lana sing it live:krylie: when i hear Bus, i see lana in those cowboy boots standing in a barn while rednecks slow dance to the song. I regret watching those videos and hearing the song

This is such a good description!!

While I only listened to a brief bit of the performance months ago, it really gives me the vibe of being tipsy at a country bar & watching the happy couples dance while you face the reality of your own relationship. I have faith it’s going to hit in a good way:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

13 minutes ago, strange weather said:

As of late I'm trying to adapt this attitude into my life. Life's too short to spend it justifying ourselves.

As Lana said:

You never liked the way I said it
If you don't get it, then forget it
'Cause I don't have to fuckin' explain it 

:fabcat:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Absolutely true and beautifully expressed---if only LDR herself would return to that attitude! I think it was either GeminiLanaFan or Bunny Mozart who coined the term "fake Woke people" here, not referring to members, but to critics (like Anne Powers) who have attacked LDR routinely and held her up to their own exactly standards, instead of LDR's own. 

girl the term fake woke people definitely did not come from lanaboards :awkney2:

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

especially redneck nikki’s nails on chalkboard voice :tanisha: