Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

19 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Random but I honestly feel like Breaking Up Slowly could surprise us. The “I don’t want to end up like Tammy Wynette” line revealed by Mojo wasn’t included in the brief performance (as far as I know), and I think it has the potential to be a really pretty—even if simple—ballad. 

I don’t anticipate it being in my Top 5 from COCC, but I have a feeling the studio version will be a bit more poignant and put-together 

BUS has creeped its way into one of my most anticipated and I’m not sorry about it ?

I was upset at first hearing the snip and it being a collab and then furthermore to find that it took up a spot in an only 11 track album. But sometime in January I could not stop listening to the performance snip and feel in love with it!

10 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

As of late I'm trying to adapt this attitude into my life. Life's too short to spend it justifying ourselves.

As Lana said:

You never liked the way I said it
If you don't get it, then forget it
'Cause I don't have to fuckin' explain it 

:fabcat:

Precisely. Life is also too short to be controlled by the opinions of others, especially over something like MUSIC. Just enjoy it. :diva:

let me be who i'm meant to be

24 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Random but I honestly feel like Breaking Up Slowly could surprise us. The “I don’t want to end up like Tammy Wynette” line revealed by Mojo wasn’t included in the brief performance (as far as I know), and I think it has the potential to be a really pretty—even if simple—ballad. 

I don’t anticipate it being in my Top 5 from COCC, but I have a feeling the studio version will be a bit more poignant and put-together 

How do u know it's a ballad?

2 minutes ago, strange weather said:

Precisely. Life is also too short to be controlled by the opinions of others, especially over something like MUSIC. Just enjoy it. :diva:

I think, for the sake of communication, we might explain why we feel or think as we do, and perhaps get into a genuine conversation about it, but no one should ever have to justify anything or be attacked for an opinion on a song or album. 

1 minute ago, Sadaurora said:

How do u know it's a ballad?

I guess it sort of depends on your definition of a ballad, but I’m mostly basing it off of what I remember from Lana’s live performance of it!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

breaking up slowly is a hard thing to do... :smokes4:

i love you only and it's making me blue... :pray:

:trisha: damn, sorry, but these lyrics HIT, and I'm so excited to hear it all in beautiful HQ.

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

The problem with both songs from a fan standpoint is that they're lazy for LDR, things she could write in a coma or dream in the tub. If she wants to produce such tracks, that's her business. Maybe she finds writing such songs relaxing. Groupie Love, the same thing. I'm hoping things won't get any lazier on COCC than LMLYLAW. 

groupie love and how to disappears impact cause they’re always in everyone’s mouth :teehee: y’all complain that there’s too much piano in her recent work then stay coming for the songs that are actual bops.. NFR is already filled with like 5 piano ballads how to disappear has cool production and groupie love was literally meant to just be a fun pop song not everything has to be complex all the time 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

26 minutes ago, Distantly said:

BUS has creeped its way into one of my most anticipated and I’m not sorry about it ?

I was upset at first hearing the snip and it being a collab and then furthermore to find that it took up a spot in an only 11 track album. But sometime in January I could not stop listening to the performance snip and feel in love with it!

I think I heard the snippet only three or four times total. I wasn’t impressed by it at first (I even thought the song could be « TOO Lana » in a way), but the melody has something that may be simple but that creeps its way into my head. I wouldn’t be surprised that it could be one of the songs I will sing most often after release. 

1 minute ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Apparently wild at heart has a surprising feature?

Apparently people are faking tweets by me to fool everyone, undermine trust in me and give me a bad reputation. Using common sense and 1 search result would show you the full credits available for the album and the one (1) vocalist, Lana Del Rey, and the "surprise" feature that don't exist. :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Apparently wild at heart has a surprising feature?

Some ppl think Taylor but I doubt it

We already have access to the production credits, so I’d be very surprised if there were any feature (much less Taylor) on the track.

I saw a lot of Lana stans telling Swift stans to pre-order for this very reason & I’m pretty sure it’s because they want Lana to chart well lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

Apparently people are faking tweets by me to fool everyone, undermine trust in me and give me a bad reputation. Using common sense and 1 search result would show you the full credits available for the album and the one (1) vocalist, Lana Del Rey, and the "surprise" feature that don't exist. :oprah3:

Fair enough, thanks for letting me know. So many desperate Twitter stans. I think it was from ultrasubversive