Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

last im gonna say about this: some of y'all are just so brave on here it kinda astounds me lol. as a cis person you really don't get to come on here and tell people how to feel about issues regarding trans people. 

also the album is coming September 5 :D

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, stan wayamaya said:

On RYM it says that LMLYLAW is to be released on sept 4 and COCC is to be released sept 5

yeah but rym is a site edited by fans, the 5th release date is there ever since lana announced it and the lmlylaw date is there for no reason at all, probably a person going through the "if the album will come out on the 5th and she said the song will be released before it, it must be dropped in the 4th" logic

Can’t wait to wear my clown dress tonight :) I loved being #TeamDelulu, but at this point hoping for a September release is like hoping for the Cherry video to come out :rip: 

Genuinely not prepared for whatever reaction jumps out of my soul in 28 minutes no matter what happens, I just cleaned up so everything is in its place currently but a song <PLEASE OR AN ALBUM> can make this room turn upside down very quickly.

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

TeamDelulu has assembled!! welcome ladies!!! who’s got the wine??? :hottie:

Some white zinfandel on deck! I'll have a glass in celebration or the bottle in frustration, we'll have an answer in 22 minutes lol i hate that I enjoy this. Only cus its with all of you!

24 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

trans person here, so i know what I'm talking about on this issue. lana can't assume the role of a trans woman in her music, period. it's insensitive for a multitude of reasons but the biggest one is that she's never had to endure what being a trans person is like. so her taking this identity that many wish they didn't have (dysmorphia is a bitch) and using it to essentially play dress up without having to endure what trans folks like myself have to DAILY would just be insulting. obviously she's not going to do any of this, but your comments come across as extremely ignorant and close minded.

I respectfully disagree.

I understand exactly what your point of argument is, that only people within a certain group can insightfully and respectfully comment upon it, since they’re the only ones who have lived it—but that is clearly not the case—look at Western cultural history and how often individuals of a different group have had deep, even profound, insight into the lives of people of another broad group.

Artists are especially made for exactly this. It may even be that a sensitive, perceptive artistic outsider has more insight than a person within a given group or subculture. 

If you were correct, every song, every movie, every television show of any merit would always and only be written and produced by individuals of the same group being featured—only Jews could write and produce films about Jews, only Chinese nationals could make films about different aspects of Chinese life, only women could make films or write songs about women, only Palestinians could write television scripts about Palestine and its struggles, only HIV+ gay men could address artistic projects about the effects of AIDS on gay life, and so on. And we know that that is not how culture works or has worked.  

But we do know that that is the way a lot of people would like it to be, and I think that’s where you’re coming from, that’s your own approach and belief. 

3 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Some white zinfandel on deck! I'll have a glass in celebration or the bottle in frustration, we'll have an answer in 22 minutes lol i hate that I enjoy this. Only cus its with all of you!

if not, we still have tmrw :usrs:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose