Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

LOUDER :gclap:

I feel like it just creates/perpetuates hivemind mentality in and out of a community, like you have to be, look or act a certain way to be apart of the community, which ultimately leaves no place for individuality

It's the high school cafeteria of society :hooker: 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

sorry for beating a dead horse but lana is not transgender and she's not even lgbt and she really just isn't the person to speak about trans issues. having a persona that isn't true is different from singing about being a part of an oppressed group in society. thats like if she started singing about what its like to be black in america LMAO 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It's the high school cafeteria of society :hooker: 

LanaBoards fits right into that. :creep:

3 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

has anyone gotten any new local store/website intel ? jPjMYeZ.gif

I'm making my JB Hi-Fi friend check the system every day :smile3:, and he messaged me awhile ago and said there's still nothing.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

38 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i've never liked the idea of referring someone to a community simply based on their gender identity or sexuality, i know it's not malicious but something abt it just doesn't sit right with me... does anyone else feel this way? to me it just ostracizes them/us more... but that's a long debate we don't need to get into here 

Thanks for saying this, TLM. It’s absolutely true.

Often this or that ‘community’ exists almost completely in the abstract or theoretically. 

Just because a man or woman is gay doesn’t necessarily make them a part of the ‘LGBTQ community.’ They define themselves, and their ‘community’ of choice might be their heterosexual Italian neighbors or people of all ages, ethnicities, identities and backgrounds who like polka music or square dancing. Or they might be individualists who relate specifically to no group or ‘community.’ 

4 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

has anyone gotten any new local store/website intel ? jPjMYeZ.gif

I've sent emails to two local/regional record stores, I'll keep you updated! :D

I've also dm'd again the French Quobuz store since they slipped the October 2nd date hehehe

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

can lana pull a sza and drop something tonight 

LMLYLAW tonight & then tomorrow the album drop

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

sorry for beating a dead horse but lana is not transgender and she's not even lgbt and she really just isn't the person to speak about trans issues. having a persona that isn't true is different from singing about being a part of an oppressed group in society. thats like if she started singing about what its like to be black in america LMAO 

*Lana isn't transgender (idk if English isn't your first language but this generally isn't a nice thing to call a transgender person :) )

I agree with everything you said tho!

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thanks for saying this, TLM. It’s absolutely true.

Often this or that ‘community’ exists almost completely in the abstract it theoretically. 

Just because a man or woman is gay doesn’t necessarily make them a part of the ‘LGBTQ community.’ They define themselves, and their ‘community’ of choice might be their heterosexual Italian neighbors or people of all ages, ethnicities, identities and backgrounds who like pika music or square dancing. Or they might be individualists who relate specifically to no group or ‘community.’ 

couldn't agree more!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

7 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

we have no idea but you can choose your team

team delulu = album drops tomorrow or saturday

team cocctober = album drops october 30

choose your side :mj2:

can I have 2 teams? bc idk which one to pick.

i'm bi in real life & on this team thing

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

LOUDER :gclap:

I feel like it just creates/perpetuates hivemind mentality in and out of a community, like you have to be, look or act a certain way to be apart of the community, which ultimately leaves no place for individuality

Absolutely true! Hive mind indeed. 

Something like 30 to 40% of human beings are not ‘joiners’ and don’t easily or automatically see themselves as part of a group or community, and that doesn’t make them abnormal. Some people find their identity via groups and others find it in themselves primarily. 

If see a young Black man coming towards me here in Brooklyn, I do not automatically assume he’s into hip hop, the ‘hip hop community,’ and likes Kangol hats. I am not going to assume anything about him. Until I have hard knowledge about him, preferably from his own lips, I am not going to assume anything or drawn any conclusions about his likes, dislikes, habits or character.