Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Yeah it seems like her fanbase is still buying (hence her doing so well w physical sales) but the controversies definitely affected her streaming which is the general public/casual listeners.Goes to show that not all attention is good attention lmao.

Wait 80k in the US is a bit of a slay

only 20k less than NFR on an album with 3 less tracks and 4 less singles and 1/10 of the promotion 

alternatively - who cares. This was literally the worst year of her career ever and there was hardly a noticeable dip in sales. In fact they went up in some markets :rip: 

22 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

only 20k less than NFR on an album with 3 less tracks and 4 less singles and 1/10 of the promotion 

alternatively - who cares. This was literally the worst year of her career ever and there was hardly a noticeable dip in sales. In fact they went up in some markets :rip: 

I was thinking the same.

Also, let’s consider that this is Lana’s 7th album, after a 10 year career in the biz. 

It’s NOT easy at all to obtain the results she got. But nonetheless she is still breaking records (e.g. UK queen) 

Last but not least, the controversies yes, but also let’s not forget about the nature of the album itself! COTCC is everything but commercial. Like, seriously. It’s a bit of an Honeymoon. 

So what would you expect? I think we can safely affirm that this woman won again and all over. 

Btw just my 2 cents.

:oop2:

5 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

I was thinking the same.

Also, let’s consider that this is Lana’s 7th album, after a 10 year career in the biz. 

It’s NOT easy at all to obtain the results she got. But nonetheless she is still breaking records (e.g. UK queen) 

Last but not least, the controversies yes, but also let’s not forget about the nature of the album itself! COTCC is everything but commercial. Like, seriously. It’s a bit of an Honeymoon. 

So what would you expect? I think we can safely affirm that this woman won again and all over. 

Btw just my 2 cents.

:oop2:

Right. There are tons of major POP artists that have rose to much higher levels of fame than her in terms of hits/celebrity presence/etc and have fallen off much harder and steeper than she has 

She’s basically just released a traditional folk record with some pop and singer songwriter stylings and it still is doing what her other albums did. A legend 

Also hack fucking did that on WAH instrumental

U.K. CHARTS: LANA LANDS AT #1

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1765078461.jpgLana Del Rey has earned her fifth #1 on the U.K. Official Albums Chart with Chemtrails Over the Country Club (Polydor) on 40,000 in sales. Over on singles, Justin Bieber’s “Peaches” (EMI) is new at #3.

After shifting 16,700 copies on vinyl, Chemtrails Over the Country Club is the fastest-selling vinyl album of the century by a female artist, and among international acts. In addition, Del Rey now ties Celine Dion for the fifth most #1 albums by a female solo artist in the U.K.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=325732&title=-U.K.-CHARTS%3A-LANA-LANDS-AT-%231

They also said midweek that Lana's album outsold all the others in the top 10 combined.

So I finally got my tracking number from Lana's store on my vinyls I preordered :toofloppy:

I wonder if that counts for first week sales though still since it took them an entire week after release to even send it?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Wow okay. Spent the last week listening to cocc on repeat and boy is it iconic and beautiful. Right up there with NFR. I think if cocc was 2-3 tracks longer with one more dark but just a game in there, it would be even more amazing, although all these songs together are so perfect that maybe what makes this album so beautiful is how fine tuned it is, no filler tracks in my opinion. 10/10 on this album.  

It started off amazing on first listen, but the tracks each grow to something so much more as you listen over and over. They all stand alone so powerfully. She did it again guys. I figured before it came out that I’d compare it endlessly to NFR since that was such an amazing huge album, but it truly is it’s own thing. I’m glad it’s actually not comparable in many ways, but more of a continuation of this mature and amazing Lana were all getting to know. 

Here’s my ranking, which is nearly impossible as I find I equally love all the songs especially 1-6 so it’s hard to say if this is a proper ranking at all. 

1) dark but just a game - an experimental, unique, sexy, edgy masterpiece. Putting this first becuase I think it was a wildly strong moment for her career, Jack’s production , and this album as a whole. 

2) white dress - one of my favorite tracks of hers ever. So special. Love the verses so much.

3) Tulsa Jesus freak- this is Such a fun track. I was such a cinnamon fan and this may surpass it by far in my books honestly. So good to blast in the car.

4) chemtrails- classic, perfect Lana.  It’s such a good song to show someone who’s never heard Lana before as a starter track to her overall vibe and disography.

5) wild at heart - I truly don’t mind the how to disappear sampling. It feels very much like a different song, while still serving the NFR magic.

It’s such a stunning confident song. 70s iconic moment with the chorus. 

6) Yosemite- eerie, magical, romantic. Listened to this on my drive back from the desert this am like ten times. Perfection.

7) not all who wander- dreamy track. Love the production from jack here so much. 

8) BUS- Iconic. Don’t get What anyone hates about this song. It’s really special and they make a great duo. Wish was longer! Could have benefited from some fun musical jack moments that added on an extra minute or two.

9) dance will we die - iconic as always. I love the bridge. I love the name dropping. So good.

10) let me love you - I almost hate having this one so low, it’s sweet and special and romantic. Simple yet pure.

11) for free - also hate having this so low, but I just think it’s zella that excites me the least. Love wyes and Lana together. Saw them prefirm this live and it was unreal and magical, maybe didn’t need to be on this super short and well curated record but I’m not mad at all. Iconic regardless. 

17 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

if you told me in 2015 that Lana Del Rey would outsell Katy fucking Perry in 2021 id have laughed in your face

Try telling Lizzy Grant this in 2010 x

51005457575_4185534f8b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

9 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

So I finally got my tracking number from Lana's store on my vinyls I preordered :toofloppy:

I wonder if that counts for first week sales though still since it took them an entire week after release to even send it?

i think as long as it’s “shipped” by today or maybe it’s sunday? i forget when they stop counting for the week 

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:

Exactly this. Plus it was released in March - close to the deadest time of the year to release (NFR was released late August, right near Q4 - highest sales time of the year), with no singles on the radio, and no radio friendly songs. She low key slayed. :rip:

Millennials must be like Lana’s worst segment and Gen Z a really promising one. I’ve seen people online seethe about COCC’s UK accomplishments and all my friends are ambivalent towards her

I just hope for the next cycle, she can turn on the PR faucet a little bit more so things can go a little smoother.