Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

it's sad bc this album was already expected to be liked less than NFR by Lana, she already knew. could be why we got BB so soon after. i still love it though, the run from TJF to NAWHAL is one of the best I've heard in a long time. I love all of those songs. specifically wild at heart and dark but just a game. the guitar on dark but just a game just fuck up my ears so much, it's so good. fucking ear candy. listen to the instrumental on high volume or good speakers

i wanna make a playlist at some point with the songs from NFR, COCC, and BB in a certain order than makes a lot of sense

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 11/8/2021 at 4:23 AM, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i wanna make a playlist at some point with the songs from NFR, COCC, and BB in a certain order than makes a lot of sense

nfr already makes sense :true:

On 10/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, NoSalvation77 said:

Can someone help me ? 

I remember before the release of chemtrails there was a tracklist with songs like 

Grenadine quarantine

If this is the end I want a boyfriend .

I just want to find it and see what the original chemtrails would sound like . 

Thank you 

another dark & lana fan. the taste jumped out.

i have to say i love how much of the later posts in the thread are positive re-evaluations of this album. i'm def a COCC fangirl, and while i love BB, COCC has had a much bigger emotional, thoughtful impact on me (at least as of now). i agree with many others who've noted that COCC will, like HM, prob gain appreciation over time and so many of these updates prove it's so. NFR was an impossible album to follow up and she really went her own way and made the record she wanted/needed to make instead of treading water. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Returning to Chemtrails after hammering BB for weeks, and it sounds AMAZING. Warm and gentle and beautiful.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was how much Chem now feels like a Covid-era album. The pre-release was a huge emotional crutch throughout 2020, and now I specifically associate the music with that segment of time from October 2020 when LMLYLAW released until the tringle in May. We were still basically locked down, and it was endless hours in my apartment listening to COCC over and over.

COCC songs will always remind me of those long days and all the emotions they contained.

I have always been one of the few fans who loves Let Me Love You Like a Woman, but this performance was what made me enjoy it as much as I do now. Something about the song's simplicity really, really works for me. LMLYLAW is the heart of Chemtrails over the Country Club, and no one can tell me otherwise. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

50 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I have always been one of the few fans who loves Let Me Love You Like a Woman, but this performance was what made me enjoy it as much as I do now. Something about the song's simplicity really, really works for me. LMLYLAW is the heart of Chemtrails over the Country Club, and no one can tell me otherwise. 

Just now, Pineapple B00ST said:

I come from a small town how bout uuuuuuuuuuuu i only mention it cus im ready ta leave LA n a want ya ta cvme x8SyS6A.gifsZ7GaNH.gif

Yes LMLYLAW is so comforting to me, she deserves more love!

LMLYLAW gives me the vibes of a "Live, laugh, love" poster in a beach themed kitchen, but in the best way possible. It makes me feel like I've met the person of my dreams and now I'm finally settling down with them. It's domestic bliss mixed with longing in a song and I honestly really like it. My favorite part is the bridge 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, drugmunny said:

i honestly think lmlylaw is classic. it's like a ballad from another era, which is perhaps why ppl stomp on it for being boring or whatever

Its definetly a beautiful song. The only thing that bugs me about it it's the fact that it's built over those damn three chords which Antonnof seems to be obsessed with.